[2.0]Violet Shock; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build

I'm not really whether to go for the blood magic or mana build. Pros and cons for each?
have you tried running Azitri/Uber, easily for you?
"
nicklasholm wrote:
I'm not really whether to go for the blood magic or mana build. Pros and cons for each?

mana in nearly all cases is infinitely superior imo. I can't stand the blood magic gem. it's like a "supported skills have -1 support gem capability" gem to me.

The pros of going BM for example is you can kinda go full reserve on mana (usually this means gaining an extra heralds worth of aura damage, or if you want more survivability arctic armor).

Another pro is that you can spam whatever skill is on BM nearly endlessly.

The cons is whatever skill you use on BM loses a support gem.

The pros of going mana is gaining the damage (or utility) of a support gem.

The cons of going mana is losing out on some auras to make space for mana. Also you need some way to refill the mana.

This means either using a mana flask (but i hate doing this as i need space for other good flasks), or gaining mana some other way.

Atziri's splendor is a smart soltuion. I personally like to get + mana gained on hit from stuff (you can get this on jewel and 1 or 2places on the passive tree).

TLDR i like the ability to use an extra support gem
bump
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Can one do this build with only a 5l voltaxic rift?
Would fork be better than chain? Cos fork grants 10% increase projectile damage at 20% quality. Chain is 31% Less Damage at Level 20 while Fork is 11% Less Projectile damage at Level 20
Hi,

I have seen your build and I can give you a couple of suggestions:

Lightning Damage doesn't increase your damage as the bow converts all the damage to chaos.

You need Flat Lightning Damage/%Chaos Damage/elemental dmg with weapons from gear/nodes/jewels. Auras that boost your base dps as they grant flat lightning damage are Wrath and Herald of thunder.

This build works well with crit so with Maligaros u get more DPS as with Thunderfists. This build will work fine for Shaddow/Ranger/Scion. 30+k dps is easily achievable on a 6l Tornado shot TS+GMP+FA+Aded Lightning+WED+Life leech(It's better to use Cherrubim's chest as u get 20%extra chaos damage).

Cheers,
D.
"
Orleg wrote:
Can one do this build with only a 5l voltaxic rift?

I'm doing a pretty similar build right now with a 5l6s Voltaxic. It's still viable and damn fun!!
"
dani_foc wrote:
Hi,

I have seen your build and I can give you a couple of suggestions:

Lightning Damage doesn't increase your damage as the bow converts all the damage to chaos.

You need Flat Lightning Damage/%Chaos Damage/elemental dmg with weapons from gear/nodes/jewels. Auras that boost your base dps as they grant flat lightning damage are Wrath and Herald of thunder.

This build works well with crit so with Maligaros u get more DPS as with Thunderfists. This build will work fine for Shaddow/Ranger/Scion. 30+k dps is easily achievable on a 6l Tornado shot TS+GMP+FA+Aded Lightning+WED+Life leech(It's better to use Cherrubim's chest as u get 20%extra chaos damage).

Cheers,
D.

Both % Chao damage and lightning damage will increase voltaxic damage
%Elemental damage is not chaos damage btw, but it do increase voltaxic damage
this is not crit build so Im not sure why u suggest maligaros. It is literally the worst glove for this build.

passive tree
36k TS with wrath, HoT and HoI
62k with 3 power charge, 6 frenzy charge and blood rage buff
Last edited by apocalypse1860 on Oct 1, 2015, 4:28:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info