[2.0]Violet Shock; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build

Welcome!

This is my work in progress build! It's a pure lightning dmg (converted to chaos) build!

The main item for this build is obviously

The idea of this build is to get as much lightning damage (and shock)as possible with items and skill tree. I currently am lvl 84, have 4.4k hp and with can clear maps with ease. I was doing this build with blood magic but wasn't quite satisfied. So i renewed it and am now using mana. (i need atziri's splendour to keep full mana, if you do not have this item you can't do this build with mana unless you are : BEAST)

Also this build is currently quite squishy. From a distance you absolutely trample everything but strong projectiles/ melee bosses might give you a hard time surviving. Besides that the life gain on hit will keep you alive in packs bigtime.

Pros and cons:

Spoiler

pros:
-Very easy map clearing, can kill lvl 74 rare mobs in 2 hits if shocked.
-high sustain if running with life gain on hit. one shot in a pack gives 300+ life back
-Chaos damage! no problems with reflect mods on maps and/or reflect mobs
-Can run most map mods, if you play safe you can do pretty much anything
-Easy to level up since Storm Cloud bow is the best in slot up until voltaxic
- Great for parties since you shock everything!
-100% uptime of herald of thunder which means cursing everything around you all the time

Cons:
-pretty expensive build, if you dont have voltaxic rift but a normal bow it can be pretty rippy.
-Weak against strong melee mobs (have to kite them)
-Can be hard to cap resitances because of the uniques that are needed
-This version needs dex on pretty much all the gear to get the 212 dex needed for voltaxic

How to level this build up:

Spoiler

This will be your main weapon until level 60 (yes seriously) i have tried getting a better weapon at 55 but the damage increase is very little. Try to get a 4 linked and use the following links: SA-WED-LGoH-ALD(you can also use Lightning arrow and replace WED with GMP). With these links you can easily scale up and the damage will go rapidly up once you progress in levels.

Links:

Spoiler

Split Arrow:SA-WED-FA-ALD-chain-LGoH
Frenzy: Frenzy-FA-WED-SP-ALD-innervate(optional)
HoT-CoH-assasins mark or poachers mark (if you prefer getting renzy from curse and hp/mana on hit)-empower

Skill trees:

Blood magic build:

Mana build:

Bandits:

Spoiler
life-8% AS-frenzy or skill (personal preference)

Current gear:

Spoiler

Current jewels:
Spoiler

Defence+Offensive images (keep in mind that this is raw dps so no charges/ shocks + skill tree dmg calculation.)
Spoiler

Blood magic videos
Spoiler
Video(level 75 canyon full clear):
https://youtu.be/xgMbv9Ic0JM

level 75 Dry peninsula full clear
http://youtu.be/hG6x4_7l7DY

Level 71 promenade with some hard mods:
https://youtu.be/ByQQnJ7cs5Q

Mana video:

lvl 77 plateau full clear.
https://youtu.be/c2wZ2Iajs7g

lvl 77 bazaar full clear.
https://youtu.be/8sGUa77UnTM

Please leave a comment of what you think of it! :]

(top image credit belongs to ''thedurrrrian'')
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Last edited by sclufzs on Aug 24, 2015, 8:38:48 AM
Moo.
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Hi, I saw your post on Yordle's build on Ranger forum. I like your build, well I like all Voltaxic builds because I love the bow xD.

I really like your idea of stacking Shock Chance and using Innervate. I recommended on the other thread to use Static Elec jewel but might be hard on your build as Scion.

How do you like your damage going RT instead of crit? Can you post vid, on map 77+ maybe?

"
Ceryneian wrote:
Hi, I saw your post on Yordle's build on Ranger forum. I like your build, well I like all Voltaxic builds because I love the bow xD.

I really like your idea of stacking Shock Chance and using Innervate. I recommended on the other thread to use Static Elec jewel but might be hard on your build as Scion.

How do you like your damage going RT instead of crit? Can you post vid, on map 77+ maybe?

Hey yeah i have tought about using the jewel but it wouldn't benefit me much because i wont get near a point where the jewel will really shine. so i decided not to use it. Also i prefer this above crit and i will try to make a vid of 77+ once i get my computer set up for it :] thank you for commenting!
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Ok thanks. Also I see that LOH + LA + GMP gives you a ton of life, but why you link LOH to Frenzy?

Also you consider using Added Lightning gem?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Ok thanks. Also I see that LOH + LA + GMP gives you a ton of life, but why you link LOH to Frenzy?

Also you consider using Added Lightning gem?

To be honest i wasn't quite sure what to use with frenzy this seems to be working but certainly i am trying to upgrade it. i want to change te loh for innervate on frenzy so it does have the 60+ chance to shock just as LA
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Oh my fault, I see you already using Added Lightning. Slower Projectiles is also very good as it is a "MORE" modifier.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Oh my fault, I see you already using Added Lightning. Slower Projectiles is also very good as it is a "MORE" modifier.

i will try that! The video is up it's a canyon full clear, didnt have any higher maps at the moment! hope you enjoy :] also didnt do boxes in case to prevent Recording software to crash.
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Last edited by sclufzs on Jul 22, 2015, 6:45:12 AM
Ok thanks, nice vid. That monster damage is CRAZY.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Ok thanks, nice vid. That monster damage is CRAZY.

Haha yeah the mods sure weren't in my favor that map but turned out fine :] got 3 uniques in one map there and 5 74+ maps so i'm fine with it :P
IGN inspectorgadgetz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info