Out of 18x77s i ended up with only one 1x78

"
renderwurx wrote:
The game is designed to be fun leveling... the endgame is just a carrot on a very long stick.

By the time you realize that, you have already spent cash in the shop for supporter packs, stash tabs, etc. (the goal of every free to play game) The game is working as intended.

Nothing lasts forever... level something else or realize the game is over for you.

Not being facetious... I too have lost interest in the game.

P.S. In order to not sound so negative Nancy and provide actual feedback...

The answer is simple... every Map boss should guarantee drop a map of same level or higher. Maybe 70% chance to be same level, 25% chance to be +1 and 5% +2.

Will it happen? Not a chance. In this area, GGG has the same fail philosophy as Blizzard.

I like your suggestion hell ANYTHING would be better right now.... Double Hasted Residence Dominus in a 76..... I got 1 Blue 68 Grotto........... You have got to be fucking kidding me!

Im about to the point of just skipping out on this season and try again the next or maybe not at all!
This shit is getting so old so fast! And why would i lvl another build just so it can get stuck on 72-74 maps and be prematurely stopped from progressing? What so i can make another build with the endgame content in mind and never have any endgame content it was made for to run? Nope doesnt sound like any more fun than im having right now which is not a whole lot! Who in their right mind would gimp the Endgame Content in their own game? Are they trying to get people to quit playing and go do something else? Is that the goal here? Its beyond frustrating! Ive spent more currency on rolling 74 maps than i ever spent on my 78s before! And still cant get anything over 74 but here and there... Are 75 and 76 maps where the special when you get them shit starts or something? I thought that was 78+? Im not asking for much here im not asking for 82 maps to fall out of the sky... all i want is to atleast be running the same content i was running in live before the patch! I wouldnt even think anything over 78 exists if it wasnt for watching Etup and knowing they do exist! And then i watch how Etup is having to roll his maps to sometimes get returns.. Fuck all that i dont have the time to map and play the game and spend 10 hours a day trading to fund such an endeavor!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 25, 2015, 1:53:14 PM
Honestly i don't know why they did this change, some people says it was to delay lvl 100 race but it makes no sense even if that's the case, top players usually have a network behind them: guildmates, stream viewers or the very unethical ones RMT. if you make it take x3 the amount of manpower to get to a certain point they wouldn't even care that much because they have tons of options to deal with that problem, it only does hurt the rest of the playerbase and the problem still remains.

Meanwhile Etup is going to reach lvl 100 in 15 days using 3 sac fragments and 10 chaos for zana mod on each map while the 90% of the playerbase is stuck on 73-74s, why is this? because this guy have 2-2.5k viewers behind him, every crap item he put it sells, every time he need to change currencies he gets a flood of messages just by saying it, he dont even need to put anything on trade chat or forums, if i wanted to roll map the way he does it would take me maybe hours to get what he can have on a whim, but that's life and GGG can't balance his game around things like that.

The only thing they did here is alienate more players than ever, i finally convinced one of my long life friends the last league to play the game and he enjoyed it, but he is about to quit this one because of the burnout of not seeing any result on mapping.

I hope after Etup reach lvl 100 we see some changes made on easier map progression, let the people take the risk and kill themselves in hard maps if they are not ready to do them, farming unchallenging nor rewarding content over and over is not a healthy or better option.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Jul 25, 2015, 6:29:43 PM
A bit up with map droprates, a bit up with monster damage and health in highest maps(not bosses some need nerf hard), half death penalty.

Now you're starting to remove some of the issues of the system, ways that demoralize players.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Lets say this BS was discussed long ago and thy did nothing.

Same shit happened before and temp leagues were dead not even in half of their life span. Lets see their business plan work then...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Still the same problems as ever. Mapping pre 2.0 was meaningless as no matter how you rolled the map you would sustain 77/78 maps. Therefore ppl used to play only blue packsize maps.

Now instead of getting it right and implementing a risk reward thing that actually works, they changed it to mainaining maps is impossible, no matter what you do. It is as bad as before.

About 2 years ago from now I started to figure out and posted in these suggestions forums, that a mapping system as this can never work fully right. You never hit the nail perfectly in the middle. Either maps drop too much or they dont drop enough.

This led me to the assumption that mapping cannot be the 95% of endgame content for a game like poe as it is now. I came up with a 3 pillar model to fix these issues fundamentally. GGG instead messes around with droprates and sometimes increase mapdrops too much (pre 2.0) and turns it around (2.0). There is still no solution in the mapsystem itself I am pretty sure.

The 3 pillar model I gave like 2 years ago was about:

1. Pillar: Mapping

2. Pillar: some easy to access higher lvl areas

3. Pillar: some longer instances than maps

Then assigning each of the pillars to a special thing:

1. maps: highest chance of item find due to increased rarity/quntity, good xp on high maps that are very rare and hard to get, rare or no mapdrops at all

2. easy to access higher lvl areas: mediocre xp, mediocre item find, increased map finding

3. longer instances (possibly a set of maps partially random in a row without the ability to go to town inbetween and without only max lvl maps being in there; possibly a row of maps that has an increase in them and for the tradeoff to play higher lvl maps mixed with lower ones it has cheaper crafting costs than the equal amount of maps would have in the map system due to random map mods): best xp/monsterlvl, highest risks, good rewards possible on the higher maps of the set

Done! No issues anymore. Everybody would know why he is doing what and the issue is forever fixed. But GGG prefers to keep messing around with the map system as they deny to figure out that this system is not capable of satisfying player needs by default.

If I was the CEO of GGG I would have this implemented within 2-3 weeks and call it a day. Almost everything needed is already existing in the game.

Also GGG should in general think about if maps is something that players should find randomly on the ground or if there is any other method of distributing them to players.

The requested fix in a seperate thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1355657

Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2015, 8:26:06 PM
Etup had 10 days, 8 hours of /played, meanwhile i'm almost 8 days of /played still on lvl 93 32% not even winning 0,4 to 1% of level per map, at 10 days i will not be even lvl 95.

People says this change fuck over casuals but i don't consider myself a casual and i also got screwed over hard, best developer decisions and map RnG at his best.
They should implement some timer that guarantees a map drop if boss is killed before that timer expires. Or some other way to make "worthy" characters be able to keep on going instead of pray that something other than 68s drop. I don't even pick up anything lover than 72. And now that I have no maps left, I just dont play.
IGN: LessBow

Only fun thing happened to me while rolling maps last week.
is there any map beyond 76??? have never seen one (from a level 89 witch)
Assuming this is a real question: Yes, there is. Maps go up to 82.

Currently own 2 77s and 2 78s.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info