Out of 18x77s i ended up with only one 1x78

They won't cap it because who doesn't get a hard on receiving a 68 from a 75+ boss.
"
sherkhan wrote:
There's a simply solution where there's a lower limit cap to map drops. It's unclear why GGG is unwilling to cap it at -5.

Pick one lame excuse:

* because you need them for chisel recipe
* because gambling = fun
* because if you get shitty drops, you'll appreciate good drops more

Funny that -5 map drops dont bring "players out of their depth" like +2 do... :p

Seriously now: I'd cap at -2, same as +2.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Im 87, my highest dropped map is 73. I kill a pack in 1 ability in a 73 map.

The increased challange 2.0 map have is effectivly a decrease in challange for my day to day play.
+2 map drops should be restored as it was in 1.3

the quantity of maps dropped is not the problem, but the quality is, it's too hard to find higher level maps and play 77-78
Map drops are fine, learn to roll maps. Ive done at least 150-200 maps in 2.0 and they have overall been very consistent.

If you have issues you really need to step up your map rolling skills. I laughed my ass off at the failures in 1.3 when ppl were often rolling blue 78 and shit like that.

"but but i roll really gut map"

I don't believe you, mapping is a knowledge game and i haven't seen those who know what in the world they are doing failing in 2.0.

"
Sustaining 75-76 maps is easy as fuck, while saving all 77, 78 and 79 drops on the side without running them.

Just alch, if really bad return rolls then chaos, then finally corrupt = profit. Really couldn't be easier than that. Roll lockboxes with magic packs.

Once you decide to do your 77's, then chisel, alch, get decent roll using chaos then corrupt.

In 78+ do 77 tactic using more chaos(get better average rolls before corrupt), or begin to chaos for good rolls then zana onslaught for 8chaos.

I've been running like 50 75 maps back to back (saving all 76,77,78 drops), and all i do is alch, chaos if baddie rolls, then corrupt. I always wear a stack of chaos on me, in all this time i never had to take a new 10 stack from bank so u can see i really don't use that many chaos. I do burn 1 vaal orb per map though, but i also get lots of fragments back and very good return for that vaal orb value.

Using above tactics from a pool of maybe 25 75 maps ive now gained more than 25 76,77 and 78 maps in return.. so probably if you just use the corrupt tactics with all maps you can sustain 76+ with hardly any investment.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 30, 2015, 3:08:58 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Map drops are fine, learn to roll maps. Ive done at least 150-200 maps in 2.0 and they have overall been very consistent.

^ This = bullshit
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 30, 2015, 3:22:24 PM
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
There's no point in running higher level maps right now. You're just burning through currency for no gain whatsoever.

Right, and since I don't want to level another char in standard and maps is pretty much the only content I'm interested in, I've taken a break. No point being frustrated over a stupid game right?
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Sustaining 75-76 maps is easy as fuck, while saving all 77, 78 and 79 drops on the side without running them.

did you bother to read any post of the 6 pages of replies this post have? THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU CAN ONLY SUSTAIN UP TO 76s witch is what you are doing , why the fuck would i want to be doing 76s while saving the rest when there is up to lvl 82 maps, you are just doing crappy maps 6 levels under the cap winning crap xp and with 0% challenge unless some crazy map mods stacks on top of eachother.

What you are doing will lead you nowhere, you will just burn those 25x 76-77s on less than a day like i did and get nothing in return out of them.

And if you want to lecture anyone first read what info they gave you jerk, people complaining here did propper rolls on their maps, all of them put the results of mapping on a 80-140 extra quant range.

When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
I'm not even replying to your OP, son. [Removed by Support]

Ya'll get wrecked. They wanted it to be harder and on average you run 1 level lower maps, at most.

That is offset by maps being able to go beyond 78.

All in all it's not much harder than before to map.

Consider that before drop rates were way too high, 77/78 with occasional 76 all day was easy as hell. You may want it to go back to being easy as hell, but guess what, that was too damn easy for many players taste and GGG devs dont want that easy game, they want maps to be something you have to do right to optimize, Now running 76/77 all day with occasional 78-79+ and occasional 75's (1 level lower than before but with possibility of going higher maps which due to xp penalty grants a lot more xp).

You just can't get used to change, and thats the thing.

So many ppl crying because they now have to use their brain to roll maps and/or have weak builds that can't handle map affixes, and/or can't accept 1 level average downgrade even though they can go even higher.

If they boost droprates to the slackers levels, very fast you will see people chaining 79+ maps.

You should ask them to alter 77/78/79 and maybe higher tilesets so they are generally a bit larger than they are(many of them are bad tilesets that are small such as springs).
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 31, 2015, 11:21:21 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

^ This = bullshit

No, it's not.

My sample size is greater than the spreadsheet.

Also corrupting maps can upgrade maps to higher levels, which means a direct analysis of the spreadsheet fails to take all situations into account. Furthermore, the spreadsheet deals with higher maps than i talked about, where tilesets are different and often larger + higher map drop rates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info