Out of 18x77s i ended up with only one 1x78

To get a single 82 map based on the droprates i have had so far i would need to get about 20 lvl 80 maps. To get 20 lvl 80 maps i would need about 400 78 maps. To get 400 78 maps i would need to run 8000 76 maps.
At the moment i can barely sustain 75.
Solo players have pretty much been completly cut of from the high level endgame.

"
Crapgame73 wrote:
To get a single 82 map based on the droprates i have had so far i would need to get about 20 lvl 80 maps. To get 20 lvl 80 maps i would need about 400 78 maps. To get 400 78 maps i would need to run 8000 76 maps.
At the moment i can barely sustain 75.
Solo players have pretty much been completly cut of from the high level endgame.

i think your numbers are all over the roof mate, with 8000 76s map vendored you already would get 2666 77s and vendoring that 888 78s, plus on one of those 78-79 you would get a couple of cartos and sort it out faster. that said i only saw a cartographer the second day of the league and was on a4 dried lake, and another on a 68 map the same day, never saw another again this league, i know they can spawn on level +80 maps tho.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
As I stated those numbers are based on the drops i have had so far so they are definatly not an absolute accurate number. You are quite correct in one thing though. I am definatly getting far less than 1 77 map for every 3 76 maps so just trading them at the vendor would be more profitable than running them.
"
JohnOldman wrote:
Warbands, Level 91 at 63%, currently in top 100. I can run every single map mod ingame but bloodmagic. I play solo until friends catch up with my no life style.

Ran out of 76s and decided to start with the 13x77s i had, every single one ran with 4 chisels + Alch and chaos if not magic/rare monster or quant not above ~70%. All of them full clear (monster remaining 0-1 and boss killed) except 2 77s that i dced after going on a master's den and failed to join instances afterwards, ran every single +76 that came out of them that gave me a total of 18x 77s, no single boss in the runs gave me a +1 or +2 map, got the +1 on a 77 map from a champion pack. Ran the 78(Academy) with same standards and got 1x75 and 1x76 out of it.

Now i'm back with 75s, if GGG really think that farming old 73s to level 100 is healthy for the game idk what im doing playing this league, i had to almost 6 Days of /played to get that map pool that got burned in less than half a day, i would have been better of selling them at 20c each to parties (that seems to be the only option to level on this game nowadays) i have been alching maps since 71s, never had to trade so many items / currency for alchs on any other league.

Path of Gated Content.

/rant

Let me know when you have done 2000 so we can review the numbers with a larger base.
Do not forget to record the map settings so we can determine if they have any impact.
"
wegebah wrote:

Let me know when you have done 2000 so we can review the numbers with a larger base.
Do not forget to record the map settings so we can determine if they have any impact.

2k is more than you need to lvl 100 anyways, people usually says ohhh, you need a larger sample pool to get it right, it may be a bad streak of luck on one single guy (which is not according to the replies). but that isn't ok for me, the fact that this can happen to even a low percent of the playerbase is not right, its a bad experience that only will drive people away from the game and should not happen even to one of them.

Being content gated farming the same easy zones you have done hundreds of times with the same char in order to progress is a cheap way of keep your players busy in the game and will work only with a few ones, mostly the ones with no life obligations, the rest of the players will get frustrated and quit.

While in the two previous leagues sometimes i had to throw a couple of chaos on the maps to make them easier because of the build i played, this league was the opposite, i had to throw chaos into them but to make them harder, the amount of currency i had to burn for mapping was three times the one i had to do the past leagues and just for the sake of having a slim chance of more map drops.

Let me tell you, when you spend 20c (alch, chisels, sacs, couple of chaos, zana mod) on a 20c map, to get a 100-130 quant map then do it and get 0 maps of the same level or better in return while risking death on your char and only winning 1-2% of level xp on it you feel like shit and i doubt many people could stand doing that for longer periods of time.

Well, whatever, if they don't care about this problem they will start to care when playerbase numbers drop like hell, who knows, maybe the numbers don't drop and i'm in the wrong here.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
They really need to explain in what universe is running content beneath you 95% of the time fun? No other game i ever played backtracks progression and difficulty and for good reason its terrible design.

Also what did you make all those shinny new maps for if no one get to see them?

My story is 18 78s no 78 or better returned. I am done mapping till this is fixed. I am done trying to min/max and build uber characters until this is fixed. self found only. by setting up an artificial gear wall I dont have to ever worry about >76 content! Kinda stupid way to play a arpg but im giving it a shot until it wears off.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 30, 2015, 7:48:39 AM
Can confirm map drops officially retarded.

Have run 132 new maps starting at level 77 (all 132 maps were level 77+). Maps were chiseled/alch'd/chaosed to >80% IIQ/vaal'd and all were cleared to <20 remaining.

Average IIQ: 116%
Average Pack Size: 16%
Killed the boss 96% of the time
Used Zana mods 10% of the time

At the end of all that, here is my total >=77 pool of new maps:

This is absolutely retarded. Feels to me like it's not just 79+ that is designed to be unsustainable, but anything over 76. It's stupid... clearly balanced to prevent groups who can afford to slap a Zana mod onto every single map from climbing above 78 sustainable.

I have literally been running the most difficult content in the game and the game is about ready to kick me down to 76 maps as my reward. &^%$ that.

Fun bonus fact: your chances of getting an instance crash are roughly double your chances of getting a +2 map drop if my numbers are at all representative of the stats (two +2 drops vs five instance crashses in 132 maps)
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 30, 2015, 9:58:34 AM
There's no point in running higher level maps right now. You're just burning through currency for no gain whatsoever.
I've had 3 friends quit this league from bordum due to boring map progression/regression. When 2.0 dropped a week in was heavily considering upgrading to vaal supporter pack. Now I'm glad I didn't. I don't see myself sticking around more than 2 more weeks at this point. 2.0 did a lot right, but this is the most horribly boring, frustrating, and overall unfun mapping experience I've had in a league yet.
Last edited by theiratellama on Jul 30, 2015, 10:45:06 AM
Yup and I'm out of new 77 maps. If I wasn't already at level 99 and headed for 100, I'd have quit endgame by now. There's no point in playing endgame for solo players.

I definitely won't quit the game over this, but I will probably quit playing endgame after I reach 100 on this char.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 30, 2015, 11:13:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info