Out of 18x77s i ended up with only one 1x78

Warbands, Level 91 at 63%, currently in top 100. I can run every single map mod ingame but bloodmagic. I play solo until friends catch up with my no life style.

Ran out of 76s and decided to start with the 13x77s i had, every single one ran with 4 chisels + Alch and chaos if not magic/rare monster or quant not above ~70%. All of them full clear (monster remaining 0-1 and boss killed) except 2 77s that i dced after going on a master's den and failed to join instances afterwards, ran every single +76 that came out of them that gave me a total of 18x 77s, no single boss in the runs gave me a +1 or +2 map, got the +1 on a 77 map from a champion pack. Ran the 78(Academy) with same standards and got 1x75 and 1x76 out of it.

Now i'm back with 75s, if GGG really think that farming old 73s to level 100 is healthy for the game idk what im doing playing this league, i had to almost 6 Days of /played to get that map pool that got burned in less than half a day, i would have been better of selling them at 20c each to parties (that seems to be the only option to level on this game nowadays) i have been alching maps since 71s, never had to trade so many items / currency for alchs on any other league.

Path of Gated Content.

/rant
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I can't even break into 76s. Had two drop in 100 hours of mapping (I wont run them until they patch servers). Started alcing at 72, full chisel at 74, playing high quantity / magic mobs... nothing seem to be working after 73s tier. I never saw a +2 drop in all the 74+ map I've done. Bosses don't drop shyt and when they do it's some Sewer or Reef map.

Being cockblocked by RNG = hardcore game design? -_-
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Volcano mob density is awful. Was very disappointed in that map.
+2 is possible. Even +3 is possible (got lucky and got a 78 from a 75, +1 from Zana mission and +2 from boss in Zana mission). It is just rare. Very rare, it seems.

To be honest, I agree with the TO. It just sucks as it is at the moment (there is another thread here where I also suggested a rather radical solution). I have not seen a single 79 map yet, and there are maps up to 82 out there, though I do not know how many instances of that have acutally been created so far. They are supposed to be challenges for the best players, but some of the best players cannot actually get there. Which is stupid.

The other problem is that as it it, you cannot run high level maps unless you are sure you can full clear them. Because if you cannot, you lose the potential map drops. And since some of the bosses are insta-killers, you basically research every 78+ map boss before you tackle it. Not just on HC difficulty. You cannot explore the game yourself anymore.

Hit 90 yesterday. I guess that is it for me, since leveling now becomes very hard. I would go 2-3 levels further if I could run lvl 80 maps. But I can't. Because they are not there.

As for volcano, the problem with that map is that it is very short. Don't like it much either.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Jul 21, 2015, 10:54:50 AM
Uhmm I found the line to be 78 too, they are much more scarce than anything below (however I ran almost all high level maps besides wasteland), but on the other hand, I'm really enjoying the 75-77 droprate it's pretty high imho, also it seems like the maps that drop are much closer to the level of the map you are running.
That's actually very depressing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I ant get out of 68's, heh. I'm lvl 77 should be getting some better drops but just cant for some reason.
"
JohnOldman wrote:
Warbands, Level 91 at 63%, currently in top 100. I can run every single map mod ingame but bloodmagic. I play solo until friends catch up with my no life style.

What build are you playing? Cant see anywhere your build and skill tree.
Wanna see it and try.

And +1 from me about drop rate maps!
They no longer drop to me.
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
I'm currently chisel/alch/vaaling my way through my 77 pile in standard and yeah these drops are ass... definitely headed downwards... have maybe 100 more maps to go but I'm pretty sure they're going to run out and i'll be back to 76 maps... then those will run out... etc

This is with insane map mods and an average IIQ well over 100%

It's retarded. If GGG wants to make the 79+ maps unsustainable, then fine. But why the hell make 77-78 unsustainable?
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 22, 2015, 1:11:41 AM
I have run 40+ 78 maps all Q20 alch'd with 80+ quant and with at least one of the magic rare pack size high numbers blah blah blah. Killed all the bosses and they are more likely to drop a -10 level map than a +0-2. No kidding I get ton's of 68 maps off 78 map bosses definitely not worth the risk.

Out of those 40+ 78's I received 6 79's.

+0-2 map drops are very rare and spending currency to get them seems like a waste because they just don't drop and doing the boss is more likely to get you killed (docking the xp earned for your currency spent) than to advance you in wealth or map level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info