How's your char?

I'm working on my next project, i call it "Operation FuckBalance" And it involves the current meta... sort of...

Marauder cyclone, using atziri's disfavour, legacy BoR, and legacy Meginords, now, ill be utilising the new gem Blood Lust, see, with disfavour, you cause bleed, but, with blood lust, it disables that affect, so... theres going to be 2 different linked skills

In my axe, (currently 5l) i will have Cyclone > Melee physical damage > Blood Magic > Fortify > Blood Lust, if i had a 6l, i would add faster attacks.

In my BoR (excluding the faster attacks, MPD and blind already in the item) Leap Slam, Curse on hit, vulnerability, blood magic

my leapslam will be the first step in the attack. it will cause bleed, and curse, not to mention a bit of blind.

cyclone will finish everything off, with the additional damage mitigationness of fortify.

If you wish to learn more about the build, pm me :) build guide will be up in approx a week/2

Mucho Gracias.

Josh.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 Please, I don't want to read about elite no-lifer bragging of how their build is tier 1 on all gear. I already know I'm a shitty player struggling to get through Normal Belly of the Beast compared to you and others. No need to rub our noses in our inability to understand all the game mechanics and math and produce an uber build that face rolls most content. I assume that means you do Atziri runs like you are out for a stroll on the Twilight Beach and, oh who is this miscreant... Hillock... right... wham, bam... dead. (yawn!) Just another bump in the speed racing path.

Don't read it then? This isn't an elitist thread anyways.
Well, after looking over this thread and lamenting how I was falling further behind, actually got back in to work on Warbands.

Although it was mostly against my better judgement, I decided to NOT map at all until I had beaten Malachai on Merciless... And also, was NOT going to grind a bunch of levels to do it; I DID take an extra couple hours (and spent a dozen or so alchs, plus jeweler's and fusings) to upgrade my character's gear: I pushed to have a 4L for Static strike, (an extra WED added a big chunk of damage) and pushed my armor to 11k, and life to nearly 4k. Effective single-target DPS moved to around 20k, with group combined DPS pushing easily over 100k:

Outfit for Malachai

I actually managed to take Malachai down without dying/portaling. It took FOREVER, though, but it proved: it was quite possible to take him on without either being overpowered, or following one of the cookie cutter metas that sound like "just drop flame totems and portal back to town every 10 seconds."

Still, I'm rather pleased that I managed to contradict what a lot of people assume about 2.0: there ARE other ways that don't match up with the "typical" things.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
currently plowing through merciless on my second character

hopefully I'll do damage eventually

having fun trying to generate enough mana to feed my voidbringers, I feel like they're totally not worth it but no point getting rid of them until I spec MoM at least
Going well so far, despite the total lack of evasion hp + res gear.
About to take my crit nodes, so should become better real soon.
Last edited by Caridor on Jul 29, 2015, 9:05:59 AM
Slowly but surely getting my levels up.
Currently 66 farming aqueduct, items are terrible except for

And even those are like 1-2 chaos each.

I deathrushed a4c and merciless dominus with horrible stats and nonmax resists, so my deathcounter is pretty high this time.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Working on some kind of self found crit arc thing. I have no idea what I'm doing, which is half the fun. :)

I'll probably be dumping a whole lot of respec points on taking a more efficient path at some point though, which will give me 30 more dex and str than before and take an awful lot of stat squeeze out. Mostly focusing on keeping my mana pool and regen high enough and squeezing more life and es where I can.

Currently sitting just over 10,000 dps in a three link. Some combinations reached up to 13k in tabula or in this strange chest that gives blood magic and level 15 added chaos damage, but I opted to go back to something less mana draining. A part of me is really wishing some facebreakers would drop so that the 80% increased mana cost in my gloves wasn't strangling my build. I could get 80% increased mana cost with the added benefits of dual apep's after all.

About to hit 81 and am finally starting the map grind since warband hunting is getting old fast. Have a few 5 links, all naturally the wrong armor type or far, far too below usable defenses. Still gauging swapping to dual daggers or for a +lightning staff to drop to 4-5 link.

Spoiler
The more More you have, the less Less matters
Last edited by Avereth12 on Jul 30, 2015, 1:35:01 AM
My current bow is crap, and I rolled an Emperor's mod, and regaled a 30% crit chance on it. Turns out I'll probably not even reach 300 pDPS with master crafing multiple mods.

On the bright side, I managed to purchase this one for my Standard character
Spoiler
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

I am at level 44 after playing for three days. It's a pretty fun game. :)
"
GooberM wrote:
My current bow is crap, and I rolled an Emperor's mod, and regaled a 30% crit chance on it. Turns out I'll probably not even reach 300 pDPS with master crafing multiple mods.

On the bright side, I managed to purchase this one for my Standard character
Spoiler

Nice bow on Standard; must've run you a fortune.

For some reason I noticed that Harbinger bows in particular are worth like 30-40% as much on Warbands as they are on Standard. I'm not entirely sure why; perhaps their use is a lot less popular?

But yeah, passing 300 pDPS on a Harbinger with master mods requires more than just an Emperor's; a Tyrannical or better, or a hybrid mod + strong flat phys can work. (note: while high-tier percentile and hybrid mods are rarer than lower tiers, "Flaring" is just as common as "Glinting.")

332.5 pDPS: 10ex+ on Standard... 3-4ex on Warbands
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info