[2.0] High Budget CI Reave, Up to 538K non buffed DPS, Atziri Video Up

Just rolled the RRRGBB in a new chest piece! So which gem setup is optimal for PVE? I'm guessing the first gear setup you linked with:

WED
Multi strike
block chance red
Phys to light
lightning pen
lightning strike
?

:>
"
Sploodge wrote:
Just rolled the RRRGBB in a new chest piece! So which gem setup is optimal for PVE? I'm guessing the first gear setup you linked with:

WED
Multi strike
block chance red
Phys to light
lightning pen
lightning strike
?

That would be for pvp. For pve you would typically use:

Reave
multistrike
melee phys
melee dmg on full life
crit dmg, physical to lightning (shocks but less reliable leech) or power charge on crit
increased aoe/concentrated effect
Ugh effort
"
aStrayGami wrote:
"
Sploodge wrote:

WED
Multi strike
block chance red
Phys to light
lightning pen
lightning strike
?

That would be for pvp. For pve you would typically use:

Reave
multistrike
melee phys
melee dmg on full life
crit dmg, physical to lightning (shocks but less reliable leech) or power charge on crit
increased aoe/concentrated effect

in mapping i prefer phys to light + wed

vs bosses as you said pure phys damage is much better

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Thanks man! Getting together some currency for the fuses I need to 6L

Doing act 4 and trying reave/lightning strike - lightning strike actually does a lot more DPS even without WED linked to it. :o So badly need to level up these news gems now. :d

Shame it's impossible to run discipline. :<
"
Sploodge wrote:
Thanks man! Getting together some currency for the fuses I need to 6L

Doing act 4 and trying reave/lightning strike - lightning strike actually does a lot more DPS even without WED linked to it. :o So badly need to level up these news gems now. :d

Shame it's impossible to run discipline. :<

DPS is not everything. It takes a lot time to figure out that for everyone. Lightning Strike was for pvp, Reave is good vs bosses. But vs Über i prefer double strike or if you have +5 frenzy charges ''Frenzy''
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Maybe when I get at least 5l (probably sort that out tonight) I'll be able to compare damages a little better.

I know that DPS isn't everything but:

reave lvl 1 with WITHOUT WED = 23k
lightning strike lvl 1 WITHOUT WED = 32k

It's quite significant, but I understand testing a solo gem DPS isn't exactly weighing up the pros and cons :P

Was just surprised that I do more with lightning strike.

Q: Would you use reave for mapping/clearing?
Q: What would you do about mobility w/o a good mobility skill?
Q: Should I use the spare skill points on %ES to make up for my lack of GG armour?

Sorry to be a pain! :>
"
Sploodge wrote:
Maybe when I get at least 5l (probably sort that out tonight) I'll be able to compare damages a little better.

I know that DPS isn't everything but:

reave lvl 1 with WITHOUT WED = 23k
lightning strike lvl 1 WITHOUT WED = 32k

It's quite significant, but I understand testing a solo gem DPS isn't exactly weighing up the pros and cons :P

Was just surprised that I do more with lightning strike.

Q: Would you use reave for mapping/clearing?
Q: What would you do about mobility w/o a good mobility skill?
Q: Should I use the spare skill points on %ES to make up for my lack of GG armour?

Sorry to be a pain! :>

Reave's damage can be modified heavily by concentrated effect and makes Reave's damage highest over all melee attacks. Thats why we insist on using Reave. It can be a tool for AoE clearing when you use with aoe gem, as well as a boss killer while you are using conc effect. Thats amazing versatility of the skill and should not be missed.

Moreover, Lightning Strike converts Phys damage to light damage, You cant leech non physical damage without gems thats a big down side. Your survivability relies on Leech in this build.

Moremoreover,
Lightning Strike has unique mechanic and should be understood very carefully

Lightning Strike is both melee & projectile. When you link Lightning Strike with 'melee physical damage' gem, that gem would modify damage on tooltip But in fact your Lightning Strike would deal that damage only WHEN YOU ARE IN MELEE RANGE. When Lightning Strike becomes projectile, your damage wont be modified by melee attack/melee phys/melee crit chance gems&modifiers... whatever.

Lightning Strike is good but hard to use. Conc + increased aoe + melee phys damage + melee phys damage on full life + reave + multistrike is best setup taht you can use. I'd recommend this setup for non complete gear setup. More aoe -> more leech. More phys damage -> more leech. More leech -> more survivability.

for movement use Whirling blades, its obvious.

Yes dont go below 7K ES. Whatever you do, whatever dps you have, dont go below 7K
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 23, 2015, 9:30:47 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain.

That's given me a much better perspective of how the damage works proportionally on Lightning Strike.

So AOE for clearing, concentrated bosses - got it.

My ES is low atm (4800) but a good shield should take it to 6k - so an extra 3-4 nodes in ES should get me to 7k. :>

As for the whirling blades - I thought this would be the mobility skill I would use but as it stands, using the gem setup you gave me - the only slot you haven't mentioned filling is the 4th slot of boots

"
boots: hatred + enlighten + lvl 3-4 clarity if you are lacking acuity.

So I guess I'd put whirling in my boots? :>

Cheers!
Last edited by Sploodge on Oct 23, 2015, 9:21:28 AM
"
Sploodge wrote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain.

That's given me a much better perspective of how the damage works proportionally on Lightning Strike.

So AOE for clearing, concentrated bosses - got it.

My ES is low atm (4800) but a good shield should take it to 6k - so an extra 3-4 nodes in ES should get me to 7k. :>

As for the whirling blades - I thought this would be the mobility skill I would use but as it stands, using the gem setup you gave me - the only slot you haven't mentioned filling is the 4th slot of boots

"
boots: hatred + enlighten + lvl 3-4 clarity if you are lacking acuity.

So I guess I'd put whirling in my boots? :>

Cheers!

i forgot to recommend discipline there. Discipline + hatred + clarity is right setup. Discipline has priority to over all other possible auras that you can use.
So boots =
Disc/Hatred/Clarity/Enlighten?

In which case,
-where will I put the whirling blades?:o All sockets in use. :<
-I'm really going to need level 2 enlightens to run disc with hatred and herald!

Cheers!
Last edited by Sploodge on Oct 24, 2015, 1:43:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info