[2.0] High Budget CI Reave, Up to 538K non buffed DPS, Atziri Video Up

Does ES version do more DPS? I already invested a few ex in the ES items I linked. :( My ES in 2.0 was 9.7k or so, so is it really worth transitioning to HP?

Got the 1.2k fuses for the armour already though :) If health is much better now I'll buy new gear

Was also thinking of switching molten shell with whirling/faster attack/fortify; bit less damage but allows more mobility + the additional def

--

What tree should I take for life Witch CI reave? The dagger tree in your build is for ES
Last edited by Sploodge on Dec 21, 2015, 4:57:11 PM
"
Sploodge wrote:
Does ES version do more DPS? I already invested a few ex in the ES items I linked. :( My ES in 2.0 was 9.7k or so, so is it really worth transitioning to HP?

Got the 1.2k fuses for the armour already though :) If health is much better now I'll buy new gear

Was also thinking of switching molten shell with whirling/faster attack/fortify; bit less damage but allows more mobility + the additional def

--

What tree should I take for life Witch CI reave? The dagger tree in your build is for ES

if you are going to buy whole ES gear from scratch thats not a good idea to start with 14ex.

Life version would be much cheaper. True that CI possibly has more dps in sheet, lacking flasks and another defense mechanics like acrobatics and phase acro makes 10K ES CI even squisher than 5k life Reave.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I wasn't planning on buying whole new gear. The gear I linked a couple of posts ago got me just under 10k shield on 2.0. Main piece I was going to upgrade (including the ring and amu you mentioned) was the chest piece. (Could probably squeeze another 100-150ES out of the chest for 10ex or so)

So what you're saying is the CI Reave does more damage, but the life version has better survivability?
"
Sploodge wrote:
I wasn't planning on buying whole new gear. The gear I linked a couple of posts ago got me just under 10k shield on 2.0. Main piece I was going to upgrade (including the ring and amu you mentioned) was the chest piece. (Could probably squeeze another 100-150ES out of the chest for 10ex or so)

So what you're saying is the CI Reave does more damage, but the life version has better survivability?

if you have really good gear, CI's leech gonna be better that means betetr survivability in boss fights. CI high HP pool gives also better possibility to not get one shotted. but for casual playing, for über farming, life version has bigger value from division of power/currency.

i think you just have to fix that ammy and one of your rings we talked about. then you can have really good melee char.

Tree with unwavering stance:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uR1PLR9Ms9Af7-sgblAw216XlVJTPV8i9GwLkyd_xsHF7BgsvxXXhq5WY4_68NVJURGWkBtwVpoT29TQ0F9qDkhd8isKES_rY7VI1EKmf-1B4tV1_Ra_KgtwUonTjDZHBtvnbAi0xQzypcvxisLsOq1vhP8cvoqhL8rTtAzqug18V8ko-oLH-ehBh7c-RnGDCbGQLai-gG-enKSHE4PMPC2DX8auxPZyqfcykn3cI5hv5c8n7Rku2WFXDfObaGXSIZ7NpzCfywW1jb9RR-dUJP3_3jfU7T93B6cr

tree with evasion. Experimental. No unwavering stance. Use Rumi's x2. get a 400+ ES 1000+ Eva shield is essential to make this build.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBm40ILgLQ21V0rtN-fXX-ukjuPeJ4rrGzG62UuHsU73r2oxUg3Q1br04qI9NvJ5pq4JWy3AhJVuj5Y5XM7T831FFH51Qk_f_ejb8FtejW53TbGhB7vjrC7Dqtb4RtbLVI62MRLysKXfLjhA3RY0Py4UcG2HZW9dtul9COirk-rGYs4X3jKgtwUonTjDYOSBGWkBtwVpoT29R_xsHF7BgsvxXXhq5WY5MnbAsi9G0Z2VsbJUuu6QIRUDW5pysdTy0fTLOXlVJTPV9Ffg5cavrQH-_rIG5QMNte1EKEb3X9Fr--iqEvLOmGs86o_xw=

i said experimental but a friend of mine is lvl 100 with this setup and he is killing über deathless. (i forgot to add ghost reaver :S, cut 2 add that passive)
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 23, 2015, 9:21:29 AM
Ok mate thanks.

So as I already have most of the ES armour covered I'll continue the ES route. In which case the Dagger ES tree in your build is correct?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAADXwOSA_EES8RUBGWFdcWvxg8GFYZLhmKGo8bJSL0J-0o-ioLKwosvyzhLagvbzW5O3w8LUGHRnFHBkuuUilV4FZjVvVXDVfJWFpd8l9qX7BoZWwLbRlvnnBScFZwu3DVcql3B33jf8aCx4MJg1-DzITFhq6HE4nTjoqP-pAbkn2TJ5fQmG-aE5u1nKSezZ_LoS-io6Z_pyunMKxmsZCxs7QMtUi297c-t9a4yrk-vSe-gL6KwcXDOsT2xq7KSsrT0NDSIdh22RPZW9lh21nbbtvU3CPlz-kC6rrsGO1B85vz6vba9zL56PsJ?accountName=Rupenus&characterName=NursewithoutWound

This one, right?

"
Sploodge wrote:
Ok mate thanks.

So as I already have most of the ES armour covered I'll continue the ES route. In which case the Dagger ES tree in your build is correct?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAADXwOSA_EES8RUBGWFdcWvxg8GFYZLhmKGo8bJSL0J-0o-ioLKwosvyzhLagvbzW5O3w8LUGHRnFHBkuuUilV4FZjVvVXDVfJWFpd8l9qX7BoZWwLbRlvnnBScFZwu3DVcql3B33jf8aCx4MJg1-DzITFhq6HE4nTjoqP-pAbkn2TJ5fQmG-aE5u1nKSezZ_LoS-io6Z_pyunMKxmsZCxs7QMtUi297c-t9a4yrk-vSe-gL6KwcXDOsT2xq7KSsrT0NDSIdh22RPZW9lh21nbbtvU3CPlz-kC6rrsGO1B85vz6vba9zL56PsJ?accountName=Rupenus&characterName=NursewithoutWound

This one, right?

look one post up, you'll see new trees. : )
Thank youuuu! Looks like I should be able to do both of these on a Witch by adding only 1 skillpoint too, which is nice :D

Which do you think does more damage, or more useful in general? I definitely had problems last patch with bosses. Unwavering is a great node but even with 10kES sometimes a boss would almost KO me.. perhaps having evasion will fix that - but will the experimental evasion version take a big hit on damage? Physical is higher, but it's definitely not got as good crit chance

"
Sploodge wrote:
Thank youuuu! Looks like I should be able to do both of these on a Witch by adding only 1 skillpoint too, which is nice :D

Which do you think does more damage, or more useful in general? I definitely had problems last patch with bosses. Unwavering is a great node but even with 10kES sometimes a boss would almost KO me.. perhaps having evasion will fix that - but will the experimental evasion version take a big hit on damage? Physical is higher, but it's definitely not got as good crit chance

if i were you i'd start trying unwavering stance version. more reliable. non experimental.
"
hello :)

I'm thinking about going CI so I'm reading lot of stuff about it, including posts on your topic.

I'm actually playin a life eva block reave with loath bane and acuity abyssus coil. I'm really enjoying it but I have 4300hp only so I still die sometimes vs reflect or hard boss. lvl93 actually.

got nice 250es 2t1 res boots, crown of eye or 350es with res helm, 450+ es shield with good res, and i'm thinking about buying a gg 850+es chest. got open prefix for %es on my amu/rings btw.

I should reach 9 10k es with this setup if i'm not wrong.

I'd like to know your personnal opinion about that :) thank you !

Second thing, do you still use the Sol barb ? I could trade my rgg bane for the sword, but with the viper strike changes and the incoming expansion, do you still recommend this sword over loath bane ?

thanks a lot for your help, et Joyeuses fêtes de fin d'année :)

Daggers, swords... its all about preferance. In this patch i'd go for daggers to be honest. Sol barb is owned by my guildmate, i really would like to advertise it here, its a f*cking great sword. but unless you are not swimming in exalts. its not recommended. the difference is just 3-5%. You have loath bane, thats good enough. Abyssus is kinda greedy choice with loath bane, loath bane + rats nest gives you enough dps for every content of the game. Stacking some life nodes on tree could make you get 5.5K life easily.

i think you have everything for CI build as well. IF you have gear for it, get CI, its always better, if you can stack spell damage on gear get coe, if you cant, get a 400+ES helmet and use maligaros instead of acuity to get back the dps you lose due to lack of CoE.
I just set up my character with the new CI tree. :> Using the old gem setup my DPS has dropped about 30-40k
(before was 88k 5l, would of been 140k6l)

Going to try buying 20/20 phys to light and WED to test damage but I think maybe the gem setup you linked me does not apply to CI ES?

"
melee physical + phys to light + wed + reave + conc + aoe; you may swap conc with pcoc in maps. conc - aoe - pcoc may differ according to your taste and gameplay.

Only have 1 life so wouldn't melee damage on full life still be better than WED? and wouldn't multistrike be better than phys to light? Maybe I'm missing something and as soon as I have these gems my DPS will be back to normal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info