[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Icestorm Trap Goddess ✮ [HC]

"
MrKasor wrote:
yeah man manual casting everything blows I only really use it on bosses or strong rares. use whatever you'd like as a movement skill. For Safety vs normal packs just throw a cold snaps and freeze them. Put it on 123 and swipe across. Having 5 max traps is nice.

Which league are you playing this on? I don't see this staff on any of your characters.
"
Skreeves wrote:
Can you please remove MoM from this build?

MrKasor, you should do this for the CI tree. MoM doesn't work with CI.

I also reported the Trap duration bug, the answer I got from someone is "Icestorm grants itself generic Increased Duration based on your Int. Trap Duration benefits from Increased Duration, and this Trap Duration is part of the Icestorm Skill (that is how Supports work)." I did try to confirm if this is true by putting on Spell Totem and it did increase the duration. I guess this was intentional afterall.

As for removing Multi-trap, I still think it's nice despite the long duration on Icestorm trap. I tried removing it but it just made my clear slower. Throwing Icestorm trap with Multi-trap in a pack is faster than without it. As for bosses, I still prefer having Multi-trap. The Icestorm trap stacking is quite nice in my opinion and it's not hard to throw an Icestorm trap and lure them into the other traps on the ground. If other people don't like Multi-trap on bosses, they can just replace it with whatever gem during bosses and put it back in after for pack clearing.
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Jul 21, 2015, 12:41:42 PM
Have you considered Heart of Ice - 3% cold penetration?
GMT -7:00 PST
And what about eldrich battery for survivability?
"
wyvernfist wrote:
"
MrKasor wrote:
yeah man manual casting everything blows I only really use it on bosses or strong rares. use whatever you'd like as a movement skill. For Safety vs normal packs just throw a cold snaps and freeze them. Put it on 123 and swipe across. Having 5 max traps is nice.

Which league are you playing this on? I don't see this staff on any of your characters.

Played on Beta. Character got wiped and I'm in the country with bad ping until Sept. So that is why you can't find the Characters.

"
mamtaz wrote:
And what about eldrich battery for survivability?

Later we go CI as with all our uniques we don't have as much health on gear as ES on Gear.

"
nosl1w wrote:
Have you considered Heart of Ice - 3% cold penetration?

Say this on the other build we do have 10% from the trap one but I'm redoing the tree removing the AOE Nodes so I'll check to see if I'll Grab those. I'm Also making a decision on the Icestorm trap duration as it's not a bug it's intended and I'm gonna see how I can work out sunblast and maximize the new damage. Not much should change but I'll put some thought into it tonight.

"
MrKasor, you should do this for the CI tree. MoM doesn't work with CI.

I also reported the Trap duration bug, the answer I got from someone is "Icestorm grants itself generic Increased Duration based on your Int. Trap Duration benefits from Increased Duration, and this Trap Duration is part of the Icestorm Skill (that is how Supports work)." I did try to confirm if this is true by putting on Spell Totem and it did increase the duration. I guess this was intentional afterall.

As for removing Multi-trap, I still think it's nice despite the long duration on Icestorm trap. I tried removing it but it just made my clear slower. Throwing Icestorm trap with Multi-trap in a pack is faster than without it. As for bosses, I still prefer having Multi-trap. The Icestorm trap stacking is quite nice in my opinion and it's not hard to throw an Icestorm trap and lure them into the other traps on the ground. If other people don't like Multi-trap on bosses, they can just replace it with whatever gem during bosses and put it back in after for pack clearing.

Ah then until Sunblast gets 80% Less Duration on Traps It's off the team and I shall Reinvest into Duration for Icestorm Damage thank you.

Correct again on the CI part another oversight it's hard to keep up but the builds rough edges are getting smoothed out.

I'll Unlock Multi-Trap back on the build. I'm going to update the tree's tonight and skills bump the damage efficiency up and Make leveling with firestorm easier. On both build versions trap and self-cast.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
It's been a nice ride trying this build out but my altoholic side is kicking in, my need for an alternate character is getting stronger everyday :P I'm gonna leave some feedback here before going.

The journey from Cruel Act1 to half of Merciless Act 3 was smooth except for Cruel Piety.. It's impossible to keep her in one place, she just keeps teleporting around avoiding all the traps and even if she activates them, she doesn't stay in them for long. But I guess this is inevitable, builds will always have a weakness. Merciless Piety was somewhat easier because the Icestorm trap damage is much much higher. Anyway, nothing major on this one. Just thought I'd let you know.

The main issues I faced getting into late game were pretty much on the defensive side. It could be my fault that I transitioned into CI earlier (around early level 60's) but I can see these issues becoming a problem later on anyway. First of all, stun. Stun is very annoying and ruins the pace that you are going at. You are bound to encounter enemies that aren't zombie or skeleton slow and you'll find yourself getting surrounded often. Even if you manage to Lighting Warp away, they will eventually catch up, sometimes you can't even cast anything at all. Getting stun-locked got me killed numerous times (made the character in Warbands) I really disliked stun so I ended up using Eye of Chayula.

Great.. stun problem is solved however, one of the main problems came from physical damage. It hurts A LOT since we don't have any other layer of defense besides manual dodging, a tiny bit of evasion, small block chance on the staff and energy shield. Sure, there are Jade Flasks but you won't always be able to react on time to use it 100% of the time and it's not that reliable. Mobs like the Titty Bitches (forgot their name, basically the tentacle ladies in Lunaris 2 that sprays projectiles) wreck me so hard. I can't even use Vaal Discipline, they would melt you the same way you can melt them. They tore through 4k ES in like half a second.

So yeah, they were the issues I faced moving onto late game. Anyway, goodluck with the build! It was a lot of fun, I'll probably keep an eye on it and maybe try it again some other time when it's more fleshed out, thanks for the build :)

To those who might read this other than OP, this is feedback before the big changes on gems. I noticed OP added a CWDT setup, I didn't get the chance to test that out, so I don't know if that would make a big difference defensive wise.
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Jul 21, 2015, 8:52:26 PM
"
It's been a nice ride trying this build out but my altoholic side is kicking in, my need for an alternate character is getting stronger everyday :P I'm gonna leave some feedback here before going.

The journey from Cruel Act1 to half of Merciless Act 3 was smooth except for Cruel Piety.. It's impossible to keep her in one place, she just keeps teleporting around avoiding all the traps and even if she activates them, she doesn't stay in them for long. But I guess this is inevitable, builds will always have a weakness. Merciless Piety was somewhat easier because the Icestorm trap damage is much much higher. Anyway, nothing major on this one. Just thought I'd let you know.

The main issues I faced getting into late game were pretty much on the defensive side. It could be my fault that I transitioned into CI earlier (around early level 60's) but I can see these issues becoming a problem later on anyway. First of all, stun. Stun is very annoying and ruins the pace that you are going at. You are bound to encounter enemies that aren't zombie or skeleton slow and you'll find yourself getting surrounded often. Even if you manage to Lighting Warp away, they will eventually catch up, sometimes you can't even cast anything at all. Getting stun-locked got me killed numerous times (made the character in Warbands) I really disliked stun so I ended up using Eye of Chayula.

Great.. stun problem is solved however, one of the main problems came from physical damage. It hurts A LOT since we don't have any other layer of defense besides manual dodging, a tiny bit of evasion, small block chance on the staff and energy shield. Sure, there are Jade Flasks but you won't always be able to react on time to use it 100% of the time and it's not that reliable. Mobs like the Titty Bitches (forgot their name, basically the tentacle ladies in Lunaris 2 that sprays projectiles) wreck me so hard. I can't even use Vaal Discipline, they would melt you the same way you can melt them. They tore through 4k ES in like half a second.

So yeah, they were the issues I faced moving onto late game. Anyway, goodluck with the build! It was a lot of fun, I'll probably keep an eye on it and maybe try it again some other time when it's more fleshed out, thanks for the build :)

To those who might read this other than OP, this is feedback before the big changes on gems. I noticed OP added a CWDT setup, I didn't get the chance to test that out, so I don't know if that would make a big difference defensive wise.

Well thanks for giving it a go mate! About everything yeah I noticed a few issues and worked on solving them. Defense wise we now run chaos golem, AA and CWDT set ups. Tri-Curse Lightning Traps make Cursing enemies much easier. I'm still working on it aa I changed the icestorm trap AOE size and dont know if it's very good at pack clearing. Thanks for everything though enjoy your time on POE. as for Eye of Chayula i'll look into adding it for this build as the other has build in stun avoidance where this one falls short.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 22, 2015, 12:16:49 AM
Finished Updated Build Let me know about the new Changes.
For some reason my light trap is not applying any of the curses. If I switch the gem to Ball light then it works.

Also Rejuv totem is not working with CWTD
Not getting curses to apply with lit trap either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info