[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Icestorm Trap Goddess ✮ [HC]

Does the duration of icestorm change based on intelligence as well as the damage , or is it just one
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
"
Jentry wrote:
Does the duration of icestorm change based on intelligence as well as the damage , or is it just one

it does
Icestorm
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Updated Build is Cheaper
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Hey all,

I followed this build until lvl 37 for now and i am struggling actualy.

Piety in act4 is destroying me. I don't have the nice staff and i am leveling with cold snap + trap + multiple trap + conc. effect and ice nova + trap + multiple trap in top of dual curse (frostbite and elemental weakness).

Everything is melting...normal/blue/rare/elite/warbands...except for boss. My dps against them is terrible. Fight is way too long and i am dying again and again... That's make me crazy. All is good except when i face boss.

Can you plz give me some advices ?

Second point: this staff is too expensive actualy. You told than it can be farmed at western forest in cruel. Do you have an idea of the time it will take to have enough cards to make the staff ? Some hours ? Some days ? Some weeks ?

Thx in advance for your help and sorry for my awfull english

Take care
"
Garvil wrote:
Hey all,

I followed this build until lvl 37 for now and i am struggling actualy.

Piety in act4 is destroying me. I don't have the nice staff and i am leveling with cold snap + trap + multiple trap + conc. effect and ice nova + trap + multiple trap in top of dual curse (frostbite and elemental weakness).

Everything is melting...normal/blue/rare/elite/warbands...except for boss. My dps against them is terrible. Fight is way too long and i am dying again and again... That's make me crazy. All is good except when i face boss.

Can you plz give me some advices ?

Second point: this staff is too expensive actualy. You told than it can be farmed at western forest in cruel. Do you have an idea of the time it will take to have enough cards to make the staff ? Some hours ? Some days ? Some weeks ?

Thx in advance for your help and sorry for my awfull english

Take care

First off Thank you for your feedback as It helps the build progress.

Enfeeble is the most key Curse so swap frostbite for enfeeble during boss fights. Use it and you will survive much longer.

Yeah Cold Snap/Ice Nova are basically the same Skill except Cold Snap is better. Icestorm is the single target boss melter. So do this swap Ice Nova for Firestorm for bosses.
Firestorm + Fire Pen + Trap + Multi-Trap
Cold Snap + Cold Pen + Trap + Multi-Trap
Curses: Enfeeble & Elemental Weakness
Having at least 2 four link traps is standard to beat normal.
Use Firestorm & Fire Pen until Icestorm & Cold Pen then swap back in Frostbite.

Act Bosses have 70% reduced curse effect. So make sure you have the Skittering Runes Cluster & Whispers of Doom Cluster. Will bring it to 40% which makes your curses much better. Also this is where Fire/Cold Pen Gems come into play as they aren't reduced by act bosses and are very efficient ways of increasing elemental damage vs bosses.

Its expensive now because the leagues just started but its a level 33 Unique so its not rare. It only requires 4 Cards so when you get to the Western Forest in Cruel farm it for levels until you have the staff. Will take hours not days but you'll get the staff.
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 13, 2015, 2:29:12 AM
Hey, the build looks interesting. However the staff is pretty expensive right now. I was wondering if the drop rate would be the same if I farmed the staff on my lvl 82 instead of my lower level, or is there some item/level cap where they drop rate decreases for being too high level. Thanks.
"
EternalDoge wrote:
Hey, the build looks interesting. However the staff is pretty expensive right now. I was wondering if the drop rate would be the same if I farmed the staff on my lvl 82 instead of my lower level, or is there some item/level cap where they drop rate decreases for being too high level. Thanks.

Isn't a drop rate penalty but the exp one is there.
I only mention doing it while leveling because you need to level anyways so might as well get something out of it.

EDIT: I was wrong there is a penalty but it also drops in the Dark Forest Map without penalty.
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 15, 2015, 5:11:45 PM
Currently level 56 and still don't have the staff. The cold snap trap does decent damage but is way too unreliable since it never freezes boss. I'm using flameblast as my main source of damage and it made the game so much easier. I'll try out the firestorm trap, and maybe get a glimpse of what the icestorm will bring.

This is not a build one should start a new league with because it's pretty expensive, and I should have checked it throughly which is my mistake.

When I get my staff I hope it's worth it. I wanna see it destroy Malachai like a bitch it is for all the death it brought to me.
"
Akuq wrote:
Currently level 56 and still don't have the staff. The cold snap trap does decent damage but is way too unreliable since it never freezes boss. I'm using flameblast as my main source of damage and it made the game so much easier. I'll try out the firestorm trap, and maybe get a glimpse of what the icestorm will bring.

This is not a build one should start a new league with because it's pretty expensive, and I should have checked it throughly which is my mistake.

When I get my staff I hope it's worth it. I wanna see it destroy Malachai like a bitch it is for all the death it brought to me.

Did you farm cruel western forest for the cards? It only takes four to get the staff.
The damage difference between Cold Snap Traps and Icestorm is like 4x the damage. Firestorm is okay but its not as easy to overpump the damage as Icestorm.
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 13, 2015, 4:35:59 AM
"
MrKasor wrote:
Updated Build is Cheaper

Hi, I'm starting following your thread since it sounds interesting and nice.

Just a suggestion when you update the build keep a change log at the bottom telling what you updated and when... this will help greatly ppl to stay updated!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info