[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Icestorm Trap Goddess ✮ [HC]

Updated Build more Inline with the Self-Cast
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Alright, been using this build for a while now and have just hit 83. Thought I would take the time to share some of my findings thus far. First even at 83 I am still experimenting and trying new things so what you see below may not be my final build, none the less I have been having great success with it so far.

Between levels 65 and mid 70s were a bit rough due to lack of defenses. I would recommend you sort out your gem setups and links sooner rather than later. I've linked my items below but the biggest two changes to survivability in my experience were both the obvious 7k energy shield and knockback.

Adding knockback to Ball Lightning alongside a CoC setup has been a godsend. For one it gives you something to cast while waiting for your traps to come back up. Second some crafty positioning and timing allows one to knock mobs back the other two traps in your line or keep mobs centered under the hailstorm of death above. This is probably the biggest difference between how I am running this vs MrKasor's proposed build.

Further to this have also been running cold to fire in my staff as I found it gave one of the largest DPS boosts of support gems when one only has 3 greens. At some point I am going to try to get 4 greens but for the time being Cold to Fire seems a good option for some to consider.

No Ele Weakness in Gem set-up. Do you still use it?
"
Violander wrote:
No Ele Weakness in Gem set-up. Do you still use it?

Me? No I run temp chains as it's safer.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
"
Alright, been using this build for a while now and have just hit 83. Thought I would take the time to share some of my findings thus far. First even at 83 I am still experimenting and trying new things so what you see below may not be my final build, none the less I have been having great success with it so far.

Between levels 65 and mid 70s were a bit rough due to lack of defenses. I would recommend you sort out your gem setups and links sooner rather than later. I've linked my items below but the biggest two changes to survivability in my experience were both the obvious 7k energy shield and knockback.

Adding knockback to Ball Lightning alongside a CoC setup has been a godsend. For one it gives you something to cast while waiting for your traps to come back up. Second some crafty positioning and timing allows one to knock mobs back the other two traps in your line or keep mobs centered under the hailstorm of death above. This is probably the biggest difference between how I am running this vs MrKasor's proposed build.

Further to this have also been running cold to fire in my staff as I found it gave one of the largest DPS boosts of support gems when one only has 3 greens. At some point I am going to try to get 4 greens but for the time being Cold to Fire seems a good option for some to consider.

I like that you made it your own!
Personally when I go trap I go full trap so I wouldn't use ball lightning just as a personal preference. But I like the setup. Also Sunblast with trap only on Icestorm is useless as the duration on icestorm traps is like 20-30+ seconds.
Last edited by MrKasor on Aug 1, 2015, 4:43:24 PM
I have come back with great news, it took a while but it seems like the trap duration wasn't intentional afterall! Hope I can try this build again when I go back to Warbands!

"
Re: Weird interaction with Trap gem and Whispering Ice
from Rory
on August 4, 2015 12:33 AM

Hey,

This is because of a bug with the duration per int stat! We'll be deploying a fix to this in 2.0.2. Thanks for the info!

"
I have come back with great news, it took a while but it seems like the trap duration wasn't intentional afterall! Hope I can try this build again when I go back to Warbands!

"
Re: Weird interaction with Trap gem and Whispering Ice
from Rory
on August 4, 2015 12:33 AM

Hey,

This is because of a bug with the duration per int stat! We'll be deploying a fix to this in 2.0.2. Thanks for the info!

Lol no wayyyyyy.... Sunblast LIVES, THE BUILD LIVVEESS!!!
Last edited by MrKasor on Aug 3, 2015, 8:07:33 PM
Should be way more viable as traps now :) Shame that I sold my staff in Warbands.. I really thought the duration scaling was intentional. I'll just have to buy it again after I finish up the Tempest challenge.
I'm curious how many ES I should xpect around lvl 70. Seems like there's so many unique(rings/2h/helmet/belt/amu) which leave us little room for es.

Also I coulnt get GGGGBB so I settle for GGGGBR after hitting GGGG 4 times but never BB. I removed Added Lightning since it was the most useless but I guess once I start using the unqiue ring to shock I should put it back?
Are we ever gonna see the "coming soon" video of the build in action?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info