[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Icestorm Trap Goddess ✮ [HC]

I'm up to level 41 and very tempted to switch to self-cast until CI. It's a pain managing the trap cooldowns while my gear isn't great, and the trap duration (bug?) completely devalues the belt.
"
wyvernfist wrote:
I'm up to level 41 and very tempted to switch to self-cast until CI. It's a pain managing the trap cooldowns while my gear isn't great, and the trap duration (bug?) completely devalues the belt.

yeah I know it kinda blows. The other one does way better till later due to that bug.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 20, 2015, 11:12:11 AM
Misclick
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 20, 2015, 11:11:45 AM
"
MrKasor wrote:
yeah I know it kinda blows. The other one does way better till later due to that bug.

Have the devs commented whether the trap duration on Icestorm is a bug and will be fixed?
"
wyvernfist wrote:
"
MrKasor wrote:

Have the devs commented whether the trap duration on Icestorm is a bug and will be fixed?

It's a bug as it shouldn't affect trap duration that would be like curse duration affecting the traps duration. But no comment yet So I'm trying to make a stink.
Sorry for whining there about the build, leveling process have been rough!Though 6 support gems alone gonna carry early but it barely did.

Planned changes:
1)Replace deodre's ring with rare 40+ int ring and . Any extra int is huge boost for dps with the staff. Perandus Signet ring is hard to get right now in Tempest league so focusing o rare gear(with +int) is better without it i think.

2)Using rare rings open's up jewel opportunities. Can focus on getting more int, increased trap dmg, increased es, don't need resist rolls there.

3)Some tree changes:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABAcIZw0fDXwOSA5cES0RLxFQEZYV1xg8GFYYahslHNwd2R8CIvQo-isKLJwspiy_Mhg1uTeBN4M8KD1fQYdDVEV-RwZJUUuuTLNQQlJTUzFWY1fJWAdca13yXypq-mwIbAttGXBRdm94L3yDfOV-sH_GgseD94RIhTKGrohCjDaPGo9Gj_qQ1pMnkzqXlZf0m6GcvqEvoi6m66cIpyuzA7b3uJO9J76KwcXDbdAf0NDYVNlb2t3b5-NW5OvpAuvk6-7sGO_r8NXxivRx99f56A==

I think practical application isn't very useful since it wont reduce chance of getting stunned while laying traps. ALso picking up Alchemist for improved flasks.

4)I prefer flame dash over LW, which is good without links. Might use cwdt setup with gmp+arctic breath+temp chains.

5)Might be interesting idea of using animate guardian with dying breath staff which provide increased dmg aura and increases curse effect on enemies. Will try to link its gem with fortify and minion life and hope for the best.

Just getting some more INT on gear helped alot, hope it'll all snowball from now on.
<accidental duplicate post>
Last edited by Taddis5 on Jul 20, 2015, 12:17:53 PM
"
Taddis5 wrote:
Sorry for whining there about the build, leveling process have been rough!Though 6 support gems alone gonna carry early but it barely did.

Planned changes:
1)Replace deodre's ring with rare 40+ int ring and . Any extra int is huge boost for dps with the staff. Perandus Signet ring is hard to get right now in Tempest league so focusing o rare gear(with +int) is better without it i think.

2)Using rare rings open's up jewel opportunities. Can focus on getting more int, increased trap dmg, increased es, don't need resist rolls there.

3)Some tree changes:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABAcIZw0fDXwOSA5cES0RLxFQEZYV1xg8GFYYahslHNwd2R8CIvQo-isKLJwspiy_Mhg1uTeBN4M8KD1fQYdDVEV-RwZJUUuuTLNQQlJTUzFWY1fJWAdca13yXypq-mwIbAttGXBRdm94L3yDfOV-sH_GgseD94RIhTKGrohCjDaPGo9Gj_qQ1pMnkzqXlZf0m6GcvqEvoi6m66cIpyuzA7b3uJO9J76KwcXDbdAf0NDYVNlb2t3b5-NW5OvpAuvk6-7sGO_r8NXxivRx99f56A==

I think practical application isn't very useful since it wont reduce chance of getting stunned while laying traps. ALso picking up Alchemist for improved flasks.

4)I prefer flame dash over LW, which is good without links. Might use cwdt setup with gmp+arctic breath+temp chains.

5)Might be interesting idea of using animate guardian with dying breath staff which provide increased dmg aura and increases curse effect on enemies. Will try to link its gem with fortify and minion life and hope for the best.

Just getting some more INT on gear helped alot, hope it'll all snowball from now on.

Boom I hear ya that's why I made the other self-cast for leveling easier.

You're right about the dex/str cluster it just gives a good amount of Dex and Str and was left over after self-casting. good fix getting more int in the tree and an extra point.

You end up with the same int and lose a curse which lowers damage and survivability.

Flame dash saves you 3 slots. Has Charges cant be spammed isn't good with Curse on Hit. With 3 Slots you could maybe run a 3 link CWDT which sucks as you cant curse on hit anything in there. Maybe Animated Guardian but he wont last as you can maybe get him 50% increased health and when he goes down the gear is lost. Improved Flasks is good or you can 100% increased Curse duration and 10% Increased Curse Effect for the same points.

"
Taddis5 wrote:
<accidental duplicate post>

Happens a lot I feel ya.
I don't want to manual tri curse regularly, so rare ring works better for me. There is simply no way to efficiently apply all the curses while placing traps at the same time, especially if getting attacked from multiple directions. Its good for single boss battles only. I just lay trap and put curse (enfeeble if projectile mobs, frostbite for others) and put both on blue packs/rare mobs.

Curses aren't reliable form of defense here as you get hit often before being able to react and cast curse. It works for summoners who have minions obstructing path for mobs to reach you so you have some buffer time to cast curses.

Projectile shooting mobs and narrow pathways is real pain. Like lunaris temple, where i came very close rip from tentacle miscreations, even as i cast enfeeble very quickly whole group can unleash barrage of projectiles before curse applies and that can be enough to get shredded.

I don't want to use light warp because i don't like spamming movement skills. I prefer it to use just occasionally for dodging.

I'll try to get 71lvl in docks before progressing to equip better chestpiece and spec into CI, gotta figure something for better damage mitigation as well.
"
Taddis5 wrote:
I don't want to manual tri curse regularly, so rare ring works better for me. There is simply no way to efficiently apply all the curses while placing traps at the same time, especially if getting attacked from multiple directions. Its good for single boss battles only. I just lay trap and put curse (enfeeble if projectile mobs, frostbite for others) and put both on blue packs/rare mobs.

Curses aren't reliable form of defense here as you get hit often before being able to react and cast curse. It works for summoners who have minions obstructing path for mobs to reach you so you have some buffer time to cast curses.

Projectile shooting mobs and narrow pathways is real pain. Like lunaris temple, where i came very close rip from tentacle miscreations, even as i cast enfeeble very quickly whole group can unleash barrage of projectiles before curse applies and that can be enough to get shredded.

I don't want to use light warp because i don't like spamming movement skills. I prefer it to use just occasionally for dodging.

I'll try to get 71lvl in docks before progressing to equip better chestpiece and spec into CI, gotta figure something for better damage mitigation as well.

yeah man manual casting everything blows I only really use it on bosses or strong rares. use whatever you'd like as a movement skill. For Safety vs normal packs just throw a cold snaps and freeze them. Put it on 123 and swipe across. Having 5 max traps is nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info