[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Icestorm Trap Goddess ✮ [HC]

"
IceIight wrote:
I've tried the trap build then respeced into self cast with a separate tree. Honestly, the concept of traps is nice but in practicality will never happen. First off, you need at least 4 greens on your staff which is already tough initself to get reasonable trap damage. It is also clunky to use traps, unfortunately. You use 2 traps on average to clear a pack, because mobs always move around even with the cold snap. Waiting for ES to r even is also clunky as you want to always be in combat to maximize efficiency. Self cast with echo and life leech solves all of these problems.

You cap on damage with self-cast. It's deffinately easier to go self-cast for leveling but in the end the trap version puts out much more damage. Pretty cheap to switch from one to another though. Do as you wish this is why I made both.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 19, 2015, 1:54:39 PM
Misclick
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 19, 2015, 1:54:23 PM
Hey,

Currently level 66 but without a staff and looking for some advice. Here is my current gear:

Spoiler

I'm not too sure what to go after next. I estimate that I have around 2-3ex worth of various currency, but having trouble purchasing a staff. Can I effectively start mapping with firestorm/coldsnap traps? Or do I need the staff to really start progressing into maps?
Hey I just noticed that you have reduced duration on lightning warp but then it's linked to curse on hit. That would mean temporal chain's duration is lowered but it wouldn't matter since it's just used to get away from danger.

Also is the bug only occurring with multiple trap and not trap?
"
Akuq wrote:

If you mean the duration bug, it applies to trap.
"
Akuq wrote:
Hey I just noticed that you have reduced duration on lightning warp but then it's linked to curse on hit. That would mean temporal chain's duration is lowered but it wouldn't matter since it's just used to get away from danger.

Your curses have increased duration already you can easily get it to 20 Seconds.

No but multiple traps go off with sunblast with cold snap but icestorm last forever so they don't go off its better just to have one toss it on directly so it goes off instantly and duration doesn't matter than not have the extra 2 traps that may get destroyed or never go off.

"
ValorForLife wrote:
I'm not too sure what to go after next. I estimate that I have around 2-3ex worth of various currency, but having trouble purchasing a staff. Can I effectively start mapping with firestorm/coldsnap traps? Or do I need the staff to really start progressing into maps?

Looking at your Gear get a Doedre's Scorn as it's cheap and increases damage by a lot. Corrupt a sunblast to get an extra trap. Get a wand with +2-3 to levels of fire gems. You can make a blue one for cheap if currency is a problem and farm until you can get the staff. Firestorm is fine for now. Frostbite doesn't really do anything for it so. Until you have the staff you don't need the rings or a ton of int until you have icestorm.

Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 19, 2015, 8:08:32 PM
Can you please remove MoM from this build?
Lvl 63, got 6socket staff and I don't see the build working a half decently. Could take lower damage for now while not spec'd into CI and not that much INT (570 int atm) but surviveability is huge issue. Having to wait for trap cooldown while mobs chasing and hitting you feels really bad and curse immunity on rare mobs is very common. I can see myself getting rekt by something like tormented, rare, curse immunity knitted horror mob .

gear atm:
need lvl71 to equip 500ES rare armor and then i'd spec to CI.
Spoiler

I feel like i must use 4L flame totem still in merciless a3 to finish mobs and lure them away from me.
Manual triple cursing is not something i fancy to do while clearing packs, really tiresome and inefficient. Even with 3 curses it takes too long to kill bosses/rares.

Played incinerate caster previously and it was much safer and faster with just cybil's pawn + self found rares at this point. I wanna see this build working, but at this moment it feels like chore to play really.
Hello and good time of day.
This staff only obtainable from divination cards, as i know. Where to farm this cards?
Last edited by Eliont on Jul 20, 2015, 7:07:42 AM
Well, my 2nd Incantation card dropped. Took a little bit longer this time - and dropped off-screen (make sure you have a loot filter using sound effects!!). Also updated my post on page 7 with this info.

For science, this time around I kept a separate tab for all the currency drops while farming for the 2nd card. Image is below, this does not include any vendor recipes except vendoring 6sockets and chromatic items. Also I stopped picking up "The Carrion Crow" cards as they drop way too frequently (I would probably have 30-40+ easily by now) and they kept giving me a false sense of excitement when I saw a card drop, so I have none of those in the currency tab. Transcribed below in case the image dies :)

Currency drops from farming a 'The Incantation' divination card:

2 Blessed Orb
4 Vaal Orb
16 Cartographer's Chisel
2 Gemcutter's Prism
16 Chaos Orb
7 Maps (level 68)
7 "The Hermit" Divination Cards
1 "The Incantation" Divination Card
66 Blacksmith Whetstone
133 Armourer's Scrap
26 Orb of Alchemy