Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

"
rsalty wrote:
"
Rufnet wrote:

hey to be honest not rly, did u read the guide? :/
u dont get any bonus out of alot nodes that u pickd
elemental dmg does nothing for ur burning dmg
and only a very little/next to nothing if u dont have elemental dmg on gear
iam talking bout the elemental dmg nodes, just stick with the fire dmg u pickd/inc burning
and stick to pure life/res when needed/attackspeed nodes

id also not recommend getting the attackspeed/movementspeed/cast speed node above scion,
cuz u have alot of attackspeed option on ur path to either the armor nodes / life nodes
just stick to op build and grab armor/res/hp how u prefer it based on ur equipment.

Thanks! I had posted that as an example, and the feedback you gave me was hugely valuable. I redid the tree and here is what it looks like now. Almost an exact replica of the tree the OP created. I will be able to take out 3 nodes when I make a full circle through the templar area and use those as needed.

Here is the updated tree:

yep looks fine, u can depending on ur needs / gear maybe take the marauder armor nodes aswell instead of the proj/atackspeed nodes below scion
thats what i did and i play on regret useage when my gear is at a stage where i think its not rly needed anymore.
I have some questions, OP. You wrote that you pick up Iron Reflexes, but where is that in the build you posted? With 3 more skill points you could get it, did you respec Iron Reflexes later?
Also, wouldn't it be good to grab the 2 burning damage and lifereg nodes for 20% burning damage and 0,4% lifereg next to Purity of Flesh at the top left? And what about the Bandits quests?

Thanks!
Last edited by bottlehead93 on Nov 16, 2013, 8:30:13 AM
"
bottlehead93 wrote:
I have some questions, OP. You wrote that you pick up Iron Reflexes, but where is that in the build you posted? With 3 more skill points you could get it, did you respec Iron Reflexes later?
Also, wouldn't it be good to grab the 2 burning damage and lifereg nodes for 20% burning damage and 0,4% lifereg next to Purity of Flesh at the top left? And what about the Bandits quests?

Thanks!

hey i guess i answer for him,
he speccd out of ir due the amount of good armor items he found/bought
ir isnt needed anymore + ur in need of alot of red sockets in gear
so evasion might not be the wisest choice
in the end its up to you
also the build doesnt rly need any extra dps stats beside the one that op skilld
sure u could go ahead and grab em if u feel like
but the dps will be more than fine even w/o it

bandits
i did 40 hp oak norm
1 skill point cruel
endurance charge merc

gl hf
How are you guys dealing with unique bosses that are just ON you? I.e. Blacksmith's leap slam phase, Oak, Hybrid spider, rogue exiles like Armios Bell and Ion Darkshroud? Very hard to kite them, takes some time to down them, and LGoH isn't effective 1on1. I was thinking blind but not sure if that will do much against the faster hitting bosses.

Other than that I haven't had any complications - very fun build.
Last edited by Hojirozame on Nov 17, 2013, 1:23:06 AM
Got another question. Should i use quality fire penetration gem? Cause it increase my fire dmg, would it be in a way with elemental equilibrium? I already have "added x - x ice damage" to proc it.
Quality fire pen is good. It gives %fire damage, which is actually something you want to get.
Where does the survivability of this build come from?

I really want to make one of these characters as my first MF char but it seems kind of squishy to me :v.

I.e, how do you deal with chaos damage?
Last edited by eirstryder on Nov 18, 2013, 3:52:49 PM
If I went up to the Templar tree and the burning/fire damage up there, is it worth taking Iron Grip since I have many +strength passives? I have over 325 strength at level 53 with terrible gear, and it's only 2 points away from Unwavering stance. Is there a way to calculate the damage I could gain with it (ie. 100 str is 10% boost, 150 str is 15% or something similar).

Edit: never mind, just realized the increase applies to physical damage only and not general + projectile damage like I was hoping for.
Last edited by Namcap on Nov 18, 2013, 5:51:38 PM
"
eirstryder wrote:
Where does the survivability of this build come from?

I really want to make one of these characters as my first MF char but it seems kind of squishy to me :v.

I.e, how do you deal with chaos damage?

The survivability comes from having a very large life pool coupled with high regen from both passives as well as lgoh with your split arrow setup. I personally ran high level maps at -60% chaos resist, but if you feel uncomfortable, just get a bit on gear. Also, Blind is extremely strong vs attacks (gives you at least 75% chance to evade attacks).

The build did take a bit of a hit when grace became a percent aura, but with good armor gear and proper use of enduring cry, you should be fine.
I'm still loving this build, and starting new in Domination league has it's own challenges, but I'm coping as well as possible starting with a fresh Scion.

Gearing is the biggest challenge so far as I just hit 52.

I am hoping the people in the 70s and 80s can post their gear here, (I know someone else did earlier in the post) so that those of us moving upwards have something to shoot for.

Thanks!
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info