Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

"
rsalty wrote:
I'm still loving this build, and starting new in Domination league has it's own challenges, but I'm coping as well as possible starting with a fresh Scion.

Gearing is the biggest challenge so far as I just hit 52.

I am hoping the people in the 70s and 80s can post their gear here, (I know someone else did earlier in the post) so that those of us moving upwards have something to shoot for.

Thanks!

sure 82 atm doing up to 72 maps w/o a problem
"diddnt found higher lvl maps yet sadface"
90% i solo
i went a lil diffrent, i diddnt felt like i need the attackspeed/dps yet so i decided to go for all hp nodes around scion
7.2k hp
5k armor unbuffd
thinking bout respeccing some of the hp nodes and going for the armor nodes/ar&eva nodes

Spoiler
Fun build, wish i ran into this build earlier.

Is there any major difference in using lightning arrow or split arrow for leeching? Also how crucial is the amplify node for this build?
"
Swisp wrote:
Fun build, wish i ran into this build earlier.

Is there any major difference in using lightning arrow or split arrow for leeching? Also how crucial is the amplify node for this build?

yes split arrow doesnt require lmp/gmp
also 20 % quality on split arrow is 10% attackspeed, wich results in more life on hit gain
and id say amplify is required if u dont use increased area of effect
or carcass jack
if u got either of these ur fine
Amplify is nice because it is an extremely efficient (and easy to get) node for this build. To be honest, I'm not actually sure which of LA/SA gives more LoH. In big packs, the (pseudo)area damage from LA is very good. Rufnet mentioned the biggest reason I prefer SA: no need for GMP. Since you have an extra socket, you can use Blind with SA. Blind is phenomenal with this build. You will automatically have a 75%+ chance to evade attacks from blinded enemies.

One of the other reasons I switched to SA was because, at the time, LA was really laggy. The animation has subsequently been optimized, but I still prefer SA because of the Blind proc.
"
Rufnet wrote:
sure 82 atm doing up to 72 maps w/o a problem
"diddnt found higher lvl maps yet sadface"
90% i solo
i went a lil diffrent, i diddnt felt like i need the attackspeed/dps yet so i decided to go for all hp nodes around scion
7.2k hp
5k armor unbuffd
thinking bout respeccing some of the hp nodes and going for the armor nodes/ar&eva nodes

Thanks, that's what I was looking at as well. How long did it take you to get the 6L Quill Rain? Mine is just 4 right now. I am heading toward the same type of gear. Looks like you have 25% chaos resist + whatever nodes you picked up.
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
"
Pastromy wrote:
Amplify is nice because it is an extremely efficient (and easy to get) node for this build. To be honest, I'm not actually sure which of LA/SA gives more LoH. In big packs, the (pseudo)area damage from LA is very good. Rufnet mentioned the biggest reason I prefer SA: no need for GMP. Since you have an extra socket, you can use Blind with SA. Blind is phenomenal with this build. You will automatically have a 75%+ chance to evade attacks from blinded enemies.

One of the other reasons I switched to SA was because, at the time, LA was really laggy. The animation has subsequently been optimized, but I still prefer SA because of the Blind proc.

I'm starting to see why blind is amazing with Split arrow so I'll probably sit with SA and lightning arrow gives some me slight lag now when there are plenty of mobs around. LA is more satisfying to use though.

I switched to EA from melee around level 50 and its fantastic but I have issues leeching health back when i fight against single target mobs like rares and bosses. After some rares I often find myself out of potions dealing with the health loss. I'm not confident enough to chain pull mobs with this build yet. I progress on nemesis with a friend or 2 most of the time with this build, should I stick with melee a while longer?
It's really up to you. It sounds like your health regen is too low. Maybe try getting some more.
Hi there.

I am just starting to roll a character with this build and was looking through all the skill points.

I see you no longer run Iron Reflexes and do run BM. We have no auras then?

Also, is there a reason Lava Lash is not taken if the damage scales off fire damage?

Thanks!
Apologies if this is a repeat.

I have a 2nd 5L now for this build -- should I be using my split arrow with it, or something else?

If SA, any suggestions? I am currently SA + Blind + LGoH + Chain. Something like LMP or GMP comes to mind, for spreading Blind and LGoH.

Thanks all.

Last edited by fletch101 on Nov 21, 2013, 11:07:08 PM
"
fletch101 wrote:
Apologies if this is a repeat.

I have a 2nd 5L now for this build -- should I be using my split arrow with it, or something else?

If SA, any suggestions? I am currently SA + Blind + LGoH + Chain. Something like LMP or GMP comes to mind, for spreading Blind and LGoH.

Imho LMP/GMP really aren't necessary.

Spoiler

That's what I use my 2nd 5L for:
Faster casting + Increased area of effect + 2 curses + Lightning warp.

Solo-play curses = Ele weakness + Flammability OR Enfeeble + Flammability
Grp-play curses = Ele weakness + Enfeeble

Played around with enfeeble & Temp Chains after the CwDT nerf, felt a bit squishy afterwards.
Last edited by Gorgorel2 on Nov 22, 2013, 12:09:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info