Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

"
Rufnet wrote:
u think its possible to go w/o chance to ignite?
i feel its especially good vs single target
thats what iam lacking a bit

Honestly, with a level 26 EA, I really don't think damage will be a problem at all....

Ignite chance:
EA -> 20%
Increased burn -> 10%
Flammability -> 14%

(if you use curse on hit with 20% quality you gain an additional 1.4% ignite chance)

So 44-45% chance to ignite, still pretty powerful. If damage at that point is still lacking, throw on a 1.0.0 Kaoms and grab the pyromaniac/arsonist nodes. Was chatting with pastromy the other day in game, pretty sure this combo would destroy ANYTHING.

Don't get me started on dual/tri curse.
"
Gryphyn wrote:
"
Rufnet wrote:

Honestly, with a level 26 EA, I really don't think damage will be a problem at all....

Ignite chance:
EA -> 20%
Increased burn -> 10%
Flammability -> 14%

(if you use curse on hit with 20% quality you gain an additional 1.4% ignite chance)

So 44-45% chance to ignite, still pretty powerful. If damage at that point is still lacking, throw on a 1.0.0 Kaoms and grab the pyromaniac/arsonist nodes. Was chatting with pastromy the other day in game, pretty sure this combo would destroy ANYTHING.

I feel like you would use Chance to Igniite over increased burn though. You really need the burn proc against single target.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
"
Varanice wrote:
Spoiler
"
Gryphyn wrote:
"
Rufnet wrote:

Ignite chance:
EA -> 20%
Increased burn -> 10%
Flammability -> 14%

I feel like you would use Chance to Igniite over increased burn though. You really need the burn proc against single target.

Losing increased burn damage also loses its 20% quality, which is 10% ignite chance.

You are trading out 60% increased burn damage for an additional 34% chance to ignite, still leaving you at 78% burn chance :(

Inc. burning: 60% extra burn damage and 44% ignite chance
Chance to ignite: 30% burn duration and 78% chance to ignite

(I have not added in the benefits of +1 gems on the bow)
hmm conc effect seems to be rly good but kinda seems suicide to me
i guess i try out w/o chance to ignite and increased area of effect

if it would be easy to chrome id try enhance but doubt thats gonna happen

and iam playing nemesis, so only new kaoms availble with fire dmg :D
to expensive tho 33 exalteds :X

e/ tesded inc area effect w/o chance to ignite on my 6l setup
and workd quite nice for groups
but u def notice the 40% extra multiplier
150 life per arrow is quite consuming
especially in -50% life regen maps i noticd
but might stick with it for a while
i will just swap vs bosses i guess

+ with conc effect i would just flat out die
tested 1 pack with inc area of effect
took me from 6.5k to 2.8k around
Last edited by Rufnet on Nov 14, 2013, 2:38:45 AM
I've been reading along on this post as I wanted to try something new in Domination league.

Has anyone tried this build with a Scion? I've done a lot of searches for a EA Scion build and got one to 30 today, but am wondering if I should just start over with a marauder. What are people's thoughts?

Or - does anyone have a link to this same build, starting from the Scion tree?

Thanks in advance! I love that the OP has kept up with this thread!
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
sure u can use it just fine as scion
check the build it even goes along scion
playing scion like the opp buile just fine
"
Rufnet wrote:

Do you think something like this is viable? What changes would you make?

Link to build:

Granted there are a couple things I had to take to get enough Dexterity and plan to get rid of those later on to go for Elemental Equilibrium.

Well just hit 37 at Docks and it's starting to really come into it's own. I'm using the build I have posted above however made a couple adjustments. Going back now and getting life and regeneration nodes I had skipped to hurry to Blood Magic.
Last edited by rsalty on Nov 15, 2013, 2:37:28 PM
"
rsalty wrote:
"
Rufnet wrote:

Do you think something like this is viable? What changes would you make?

Link to build:

Granted there are a couple things I had to take to get enough Dexterity and plan to get rid of those later on to go for Elemental Equilibrium.

Well just hit 37 at Docks and it's starting to really come into it's own. I'm using the build I have posted above however made a couple adjustments. Going back now and getting life and regeneration nodes I had skipped to hurry to Blood Magic.

hey to be honest not rly, did u read the guide? :/
u dont get any bonus out of alot nodes that u pickd
elemental dmg does nothing for ur burning dmg
and only a very little/next to nothing if u dont have elemental dmg on gear
iam talking bout the elemental dmg nodes, just stick with the fire dmg u pickd/inc burning
and stick to pure life/res when needed/attackspeed nodes

id also not recommend getting the attackspeed/movementspeed/cast speed node above scion,
cuz u have alot of attackspeed option on ur path to either the armor nodes / life nodes
just stick to op build and grab armor/res/hp how u prefer it based on ur equipment.
"
Rufnet wrote:

iam talking bout the elemental dmg nodes, just stick with the fire dmg u pickd/inc burning

id also not recommend getting the attackspeed/movementspeed/cast speed node above scion,
cuz u have alot of attackspeed option on ur path to either the armor nodes / life nodes
just stick to op build and grab armor/res/hp how u prefer it based on ur equipment.

Thanks! I had posted that as an example, and the feedback you gave me was hugely valuable. I redid the tree and here is what it looks like now. Almost an exact replica of the tree the OP created. I will be able to take out 3 nodes when I make a full circle through the templar area and use those as needed.

Here is the updated tree:
Last edited by rsalty on Nov 16, 2013, 1:07:43 AM
"
rsalty wrote:
"
Rufnet wrote:

Thanks! I had posted that as an example, and the feedback you gave me was hugely valuable. I redid the tree and here is what it looks like now. Almost an exact replica of the tree the OP created. I will be able to take out 3 nodes when I make a full circle through the templar area and use those as needed.

Here is the updated tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecCcQPGBLMFLQYOCfYSaRLhFCAUTRRxFm8XHBmFGjgaVRpsG8gkqiWtJ-0o-ilPKaUt0jWSNug26TrYOuFAoEGHQapDMUrITdhN404qUEdVxlnzWlJeE2BLYSFj_WSjbqpxeXKpdO1673zZgW-Cm4LHgziE74jxjHaPRpBVmK2bXZ2unjyeuZ_LogCmV6cIpzCnhKiarFmsqrXytkG3PriTwBrPZdDQ37_jauQi52Pr7uw473zwH_JF8pfz3fcy-Ov56P0L_gr-jw==
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info