Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

"
westbryan wrote:
Hello,

sorry if the question has already been answered :

I plan on playing EA marauder with a Freezing Pulse friend.

Not sure about how Elemental Equilibrium would work :o

1) FP = weak to fire
2) explosive arrow, boom = weak to cold

and from now on, what about the burning ? considering my friend spams FP after the explosion

Does the burning continually proc EE, even if it's overwritten by spammed Freezing Pulse ?

Thanks

You should reconsider that idea. If your friend freezes enemies, they'll shatter and not spread Burning with EP.
Last edited by HiddenoO on Jun 7, 2013, 1:37:02 PM
I am thinking of doing some major passive tree renovations. Acrobatics and the following passives give 30% chance to dodge attacks, and then ondar's guile gives double the chance to dodge projectile attacks. EA is a projectile attack. Reflect damage can be dodged. So 60% less reflect damage.

I would drop all optional 6% nodes and iron reflexes to make this happen, if it works.

Sounds too good to be true. I am going to do further investigations.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Last edited by DeltruS on Jun 7, 2013, 2:29:31 PM
"
EA is a projectile attack. Reflect damage can be dodged. So 60% less reflect damage.

The explosion itself is projectile damage but not attack damage, so...

"
HiddenoO wrote:
You should reconsider that idea. If your friend freezes enemies, they'll shatter and not spread Burning with EP.

Aren't status ailments stackable by chance?

So that a monster could be frozen and ignited at the same time ? (sounds wrong I know ._.)

"
Status Ailments encompass a variety of detrimental effects. Those associated with an element are collectively referred to as Elemental Status Ailments. Status Ailments are similar to Curses, but there is no inherent limit on the number of different Status Ailments a target can have at any given time.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Status_Ailment
Last edited by westbryan on Jun 7, 2013, 2:48:15 PM
Gonna try switching my build to this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7cT2892sqjwtcqlZ88auTP982cAatz7-Cq9sZp6QVXq48kXFivrSrpPnY_AfNukdFLXyplcEs6IAJKrjapitj0apbjrhFE0CcRmF0NB4DU3jiPGDOBpsz2VYr6xZnYDvfJ2uVcY26P6PEmk6UmSjFxzfvxpVcXlhIYTvdO1672BLBS1AoO9OIWAyCXTxGNtDnA6tFHUppXRBd9d_KzB81opRR02SqrifJ42_qn8FtYcZ1CPdqMaiMHFLeDpC

If I can't dodge the reflect from EA explosion, I should still have more EHP against everything but reflect and shield charge. Should be fun!

I might drop conc effect for faster attacks, because I don't currently have room for the berserking node, and it would also help me VS reflect. I am definetely experimenting with stacking attack speed. It is so good combined with life on hit now that life pools are smaller. Acrobatics also makes your EHP larger compared to your life pool. I'm going to get a 20% split arrow, gloves with attack speed, and the 8% attack speed bandit in the future.

The alchemist node is insanely good. It brings my HP regen from ~330 to ~660 when I use my sapping potion.

EDIT: Decided to not get faster attacks on EA, and instead get attack speed on passives/gear so that it benifets life on hit too. I've also ditched ranged attack totem for decoy totem so I can have life on hit always available. Before it wasn't needed because I regened so much HP. Now it is much better because my life is much lower.

EDIT2: You can dodge rhoa hits with acrobatics. Strong.
Last edited by DeltruS on Jun 7, 2013, 4:55:06 PM
"
DeltruS wrote:
Gonna try switching my build to this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7cT2892sqjwtcqlZ88auTP982cAatz7-Cq9sZp6QVXq48kXFivrSrpPnY_AfNukdFLXyplcEs6IAJKrjapitj0apbjrhFE0CcRmF0NB4DU3jiPGDOBpsz2VYr6xZnYDvfJ2uVcY26P6PEmk6UmSjFxzfvxpVcXlhIYTvdO1672BLBS1AoO9OIWAyCXTxGNtDnA6tFHUppXRBd9d_KzB81opRR02SqrifJ42_qn8FtYcZ1CPdqMaiMHFLeDpC

If I can't dodge the reflect from EA explosion, I should still have more EHP against everything but reflect and shield charge. Should be fun!

I might drop conc effect for faster attacks, because I don't currently have room for the berserking node, and it would also help me VS reflect. I am definetely experimenting with stacking attack speed. It is so good combined with life on hit now that life pools are smaller. Acrobatics also makes your EHP larger compared to your life pool. I'm going to get a 20% split arrow, gloves with attack speed, and the 8% attack speed bandit in the future.

The alchemist node is insanely good. It brings my HP regen from ~330 to ~660 when I use my sapping potion.

EDIT: Decided to not get faster attacks on EA, and instead get attack speed on passives/gear so that it benifets life on hit too. I've also ditched ranged attack totem for decoy totem so I can have life on hit always available. Before it wasn't needed because I regened so much HP. Now it is much better because my life is much lower.

EDIT2: You can dodge rhoa hits with acrobatics. Strong.

Here is what I think is a more optimized version with more health. 240% compared to 220%
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBogAyCd0N7w4dFO4OhxnAGhcc8B8UIGEh1COfJ38rBS0ZLvIvpzD3Mho4njxfP4M4dEE6Qo9GUEf2SFRJYEsUTe9OUUdQUDpS7DiQVVpI51IaVSFgWGPPZRJp42oabBZvAnGMdoFvS3hxee98Sn2Hdqp_FHGnhBmFMHEwfNSPTZJmnkCgxqJko92ocqkkqpitna5br2egrKoEswW1qrieuUGq37_8xVXGjb-Mz9DQ-tJ3103YfNkY27ndOtgB5zboNun46yfthO_v8HTxxtgj9nrvVvpZ83Tt1oo=
Last edited by ArtyMiss on Jun 7, 2013, 7:49:09 PM
You didn't take iron reflexes, the 7% reduced mana cost node, or elemental adaptation. If I took the remaining few HP nodes + the diamond skin node at the bottom, I would have 240% life and 112 points spent. I still think mine is slightly more optimized.

EDIT: I'd like to add that my acrobatics version is very experimental. Don't attempt it if you don't want to risk your char or if you are too poor to respec it back. So far I'm finding reflect more deadly.
Last edited by DeltruS on Jun 7, 2013, 8:51:57 PM
"
DeltruS wrote:
Best way to level an EA marauder imo is to use frost nova 1-25 with mana potions and then swap to ele cleave. You would rush straight from marauder and go to the templar area nodes.

I personally like to level as ele cleave from 25 ish to level 70ish. EA just isn't that fast for levelling, especially if you don't have a 5L. Just make sure to get your qual EA gems asap to level them up.

@DJSRP I am going to farm a lot with EA. I've got 137% quantity and 175% rarity. I wanna become something like Ghudda but with HC builds that are really effective. Maybe Invalesco would be a better example.

I don't want to do the new leagues. HC is hard enough for me and anarchy isn't HC.

As for EA in a new league... hmmm. You still want to level without EA for a looong time and then you need to have enough currency to 5L a quill rain. If you have very long term goals then go for it, but I don't think it is worth it if you aren't planning on going deep into maps.

Okay the league starts today. Deltrus, do you have any guide for this ele cleave leveling? Not sure how to do it. EDIT: well I guess its just this normal one over here.

Wish ya'll good fun with the new leagues :) I was surprised yesterday how many fancy supporter packs u already see around. GGG deserve it well!
Last edited by DJSRP on Jun 8, 2013, 5:20:18 AM
Okay I just wanted to ask if you guys use GMP on your EA?

I've been looking around a few posts back and at the exilepro build and it seems none of them mentions GMP in their weapon setup? Isnt gmt required for stacking a lot of fuses onto big packs of monsters or am i just being slow here :D
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
You just stack a single mob with 5 charges. With increased aoe and burn damage (plus Elemental Proliferation), you kill packs very easily without lmp/gmp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info