Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

Deltrus will you play Onslaught? If you do, will you play an EA again?

I wanna play Anarchy as HC is a bad idea with my current internet connection, and I wonder what build would be best in a new league. I really tend to do an EA character, because it is relatively cheap in terms of item cost, pretty viable and loots a lot, which helps bigtime in a plain and new economy.

What do you think?
For league, the start for an EA mara looks pretty simple, just like a RoA or LA build. But, you could also just use a 2 hander and level the arrow gems on your switch. What is prefered for a race/fresh league?
Best way to level an EA marauder imo is to use frost nova 1-25 with mana potions and then swap to ele cleave. You would rush straight from marauder and go to the templar area nodes.

I personally like to level as ele cleave from 25 ish to level 70ish. EA just isn't that fast for levelling, especially if you don't have a 5L. Just make sure to get your qual EA gems asap to level them up.

@DJSRP I am going to farm a lot with EA. I've got 137% quantity and 175% rarity. I wanna become something like Ghudda but with HC builds that are really effective. Maybe Invalesco would be a better example.

I don't want to do the new leagues. HC is hard enough for me and anarchy isn't HC.

As for EA in a new league... hmmm. You still want to level without EA for a looong time and then you need to have enough currency to 5L a quill rain. If you have very long term goals then go for it, but I don't think it is worth it if you aren't planning on going deep into maps.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Last edited by DeltruS on Jun 6, 2013, 5:45:27 PM
rerolling EA atm.. its really tough. I got a 5L but by no means the hp to use 4 support gems savely :S Maybe its better to get Golems Blood first after all :D (esp with the hp reduce)

Do you think its worth taking the 8% attack speed now instead of the skill point in cruel?
Around level 30 or so I was able to easily support EA with 4 links and I am pretty sure I could do 5 links also. There are some reduced mana nodes you can pick up on the templar tree 2 7% nodes, on the left side of the duelist going up to the life node rings 2 5% nodes, and on the way to golems blood from BM just above Unwavering Stance. I would pick up the 3 next to unwavering stance for 3 nodes with 20% total reduced mana and then one point away is a 30% armor node also.
Last edited by ArtyMiss on Jun 7, 2013, 1:31:16 AM
I get the 15% berserking node which is 7.5% attack speed per point, so I imagine I would want the 8% speed bandit.
"
I get the 15% berserking node which is 7.5% attack speed per point, so I imagine I would want the 8% speed bandit.

I don't think so. One more point makes a big difference in map flexibility when it comes to get a very high level, to be able to get key pasives or life/res via refunds to maintain the build optimized all the way up to the level you want.

And the devs have stated that with a future patch (dont know when) It will be possible to change the bandits reward, so even if you're really really commited to get to lvl 100, It's probably better to get the one point skill. By the time you get up there It's almost sure you'll have this possibility.

By the way, instead of getting some extra armor, I got berserking too XDD. I love the fast attacks. Even can do the combo in chilled terrain inside tempchains mod maps, and in normal maps you can move much more freely, with less downtime, for faster clearing o for better survivability, way better response to very fast champs and makes posible to multitarget shooter/style XD.

Saludos.
Last edited by DoctorMachete on Jun 7, 2013, 8:57:09 AM
Hello,

sorry if the question has already been answered :

I plan on playing EA marauder with a Freezing Pulse friend.

Not sure about how Elemental Equilibrium would work :o

1) FP = weak to fire
2) explosive arrow, boom = weak to cold

and from now on, what about the burning ? considering my friend spams FP after the explosion

Does the burning continually proc EE, even if it's overwritten by spammed Freezing Pulse ?

Thanks
Last edited by westbryan on Jun 7, 2013, 11:07:26 AM
"
westbryan wrote:
Hello,

sorry if the question has already been answered :

I plan on playing EA marauder with a Freezing Pulse friend.

Not sure about how Elemental Equilibrium would work :o

1) FP = weak to fire
2) explosive arrow, boom = weak to cold

and from now on, what about the burning ? considering my friend spams FP after the explosion

Does the burning continually proc EE, even if it's overwritten by spammed Freezing Pulse ?

Thanks

EE only triggers on your attacks. Now if you have added cold damage on your gear and ommit light/fire dmg, you will boost both your damage output :)
No, Burning damage does not trigger EE, thats what makes this build so strong.
Last edited by LuckYEiner on Jun 7, 2013, 11:25:07 AM
Last edited by DeltruS on Jun 7, 2013, 1:27:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info