Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

Went from 10.6k HP to 8.8k. It feels like I am taking a lot more damage. Life on hit is pretty required to support a 6L EA now, so I will have to get a lvl 20 decoy totem to tank hits.

I'm going to work on another character until I figure out the best way to build tanky with EA. EA will still be very good build, but it was nerfed with the adjustments.

EDIT: 2nd map I did a lot better... not sure why I was doing so bad in the first map. I'l need a lot more testing before I get my final verdict.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Last edited by DeltruS on Jun 6, 2013, 12:08:47 AM
"
Went from 10.6k HP to 8.8k. It feels like I am taking a lot more damage. Life on hit is pretty required to support a 6L EA now, so I will have to get a lvl 20 endurance totem to tank hits.

No problem here after getting Arcane Efficiency (-20% with three passives) from the damage nodes I was planning to drop anyway.

Don't tried yet in maps though, I want to do some testing, also with my other char

Saludos

How do you guys do damage with this build? im literally doing 0
IGN: Jarengax
"
Jarenga wrote:

Do you have fire damage on any of your gear? If you have any #-# fire damage you will trigger EE and give 25% fire resistance.

If that isn't the problem, then your gem setup is. Is your EA levelled up to your level? Do you have a minimum 4 link of EA, Increased Burning Damage, Chance to ignite and ele prolif?
"
DeltruS wrote:
"
Jarenga wrote:

Do you have fire damage on any of your gear? If you have any #-# fire damage you will trigger EE and give 25% fire resistance.

If that isn't the problem, then your gem setup is. Is your EA levelled up to your level? Do you have a minimum 4 link of EA, Increased Burning Damage, Chance to ignite and ele prolif?

ya my EA is way too low level for my level. I'll work on that then report back. i rerolled my 83 mara to this from LA since it looked like alot of fun.

EDIT: btw do i really need to use quill rain? Originally i was using this for my LA.

now I found this in my stash and trying to 5L or 6 L
Last edited by Jarenga on Jun 6, 2013, 2:55:41 AM
Yeah quill rain is the best by far. If you can 5L that it would be great. Are you using that bow? Because it would ruin elemental equilibrium.

5L quill rain links are: Increased burning damage, ele prolif, chance to ignite, EA, fire pen. With those links and a high level EA, you can 1 shot many bosses in maps. With my 6L quill I can 1 shot all of them except for Asphyxia. Damage should be no issue. Carcass jack is also great for the build.
Last edited by DeltruS on Jun 6, 2013, 3:15:42 AM
"
Jarenga wrote:
"
DeltruS wrote:
"
Jarenga wrote:

ya my EA is way too low level for my level. I'll work on that then report back. i rerolled my 83 mara to this from LA since it looked like alot of fun.

EDIT: btw do i really need to use quill rain? Originally i was using this for my LA.

now I found this in my stash and trying to 5L or 6 L

The thicket bow you were using would have raised all the resits by 25 if you were using EE so that would lower your dps by a bit, if you can 5L/6L that quill rain your dps should go up. Quality EA helps a lot so I would try to get that.
Not sure if the new quality thing actually helped or not but i got 6l today after 9 tries haha. Anyways now I have an open 5l 6s carcass jacket, any suggestions on what to throw in there?
"
defyevoke wrote:
Not sure if the new quality thing actually helped or not but i got 6l today after 9 tries haha. Anyways now I have an open 5l 6s carcass jacket, any suggestions on what to throw in there?

..What!? :D
wow.. will try that

Oh and regarding your question:

How about Split Arrow + Ranged Attack Totem + Chain + Blind + Knockback/Stun ?

EDIT:

well, it seems to work, even if this mightve been luck. used around 25 fusings on my ilvl 71 quill and got a 5L, not too bad.
Last edited by DJSRP on Jun 6, 2013, 12:07:25 PM
"
DeltruS wrote:
Yeah quill rain is the best by far. If you can 5L that it would be great. Are you using that bow? Because it would ruin elemental equilibrium.

5L quill rain links are: Increased burning damage, ele prolif, chance to ignite, EA, fire pen. With those links and a high level EA, you can 1 shot many bosses in maps. With my 6L quill I can 1 shot all of them except for Asphyxia. Damage should be no issue. Carcass jack is also great for the build.

I'm not using that bow. it seems that my EA gem was too low level to deal any significant damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info