Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

"
Olastyr wrote:
You really often kill trash mobs with the explosion. For rare/boss just try to always have some fuse ready to explode before they die. That won't always work but it's still effective.

it will be a waste if the boss burns off and doesn't proc the IIR/IIQ gem. lol.

just for sharing. i am using Explosion Arrow + fire penetration + concentrated effect + GMP + life leech + elemental proliferation.

i used to use Explosion Arrow + fire penetration + concentrated effect + ignite + elemental proliferation. but i find it quite slow. and especially irritating when u faces running mobs or mobs who are far apart. thus i use GMP. for me...its better control. the explosion kills pretty fast with conc effect. my video below. i found like 4 good maps in it. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDwolfnbsIk

some advantages of using GMP.
- easy kill for pack mobs. they kind of "reflect themselves to death"
- good use of walls. reflect.
- better group support. everyone are AOE like crazy..but you are just burning 1 mob down. it will be awkward if the mob is not near to others. and...even if the burning spreads..no one really waits for the mobs to be burn to death. it kind of slows down the motion. explosions kills faster imo.
- no need for LA/spilt arrow + LOH. life leech is very reliable
- because i dont use LA arrow + LOH, i have space for flame totem + gmp + knockback. quite useful against pesky resistance boss. just blow it to a wall..and reflect it to death. lol.

the best thing is. i can put IIR + IIQ in the slots with Explosion Arrow + concentrated effect + GMP + life leech. with gems, i have IIR264 IIQ89. :)

out of curiousity..i respec back to burning build and tested the new burning gem with Explosion Arrow + fire penetration + concentrated effect + elemental proliferation + ignite. i got real lucky at GRRBBB after like 10 chrom tries. i used some regrets..took EE..burning nodes...sacrifice some life nodes (lessen my hp by 1k!!!). i thought..i was a perfect war machine..with burning. after some map runs..i respec back to my GMP build. lol. i find it better for me..maybe its just me. lol.
ign: ashcrow_
Last edited by ashbird82 on Apr 24, 2013, 11:53:50 AM
@ashbird82

If you think that burning kills slow or 1 arrow is not enough to kill a pack as huge as a full screen then you are doing it wrong. You really need to see it in action with a maxed out EP gem, everything that runs into the burn just dies instantly.
Last edited by R4yn0r on Apr 24, 2013, 1:17:18 PM
"
ashbird82 wrote:
"
Olastyr wrote:
You really often kill trash mobs with the explosion. For rare/boss just try to always have some fuse ready to explode before they die. That won't always work but it's still effective.

I do it again: For rare/boss just try to always have some fuse ready to explode before they die and let them explode before the mob dies from burn.

I thought it was obvious enough...for most of us. rofl.
"
R4yn0r wrote:
@ashbird82

If you think that burning kills slow or 1 arrow is not enough to kill a pack as huge as a full screen then you are doing it wrong. You really need to see it in action with a maxed out EP gem, everything that runs into the burn just dies instantly.

nothing right or wrong. i am just sharing an alternate playstyle with a slight tweak..for those who wanna try. no harm on using some respecs. burning does kill fast if you meet the right pack. i have problems with those monkeys or those mobs who throw stones and ran away. i wanted to stack 5 on 1 mob. but they just ran around..and its difficult to just lock them down.

fyi..all my gems are like lvl 18-19..most with good quality. tried and respecced. i felt gmp + conc effect is already overkill. moreover...i now have EP on my 6L. i felt GMP + EP works very well. the burning spreads like crazy as i just spray my arrows everywhere. though single arrow + EP has the benefit of EE damage.

"
Olastyr wrote:
"
ashbird82 wrote:
"
Olastyr wrote:

I do it again: For rare/boss just try to always have some fuse ready to explode before they die and let them explode before the mob dies from burn.

I thought it was obvious enough...for most of us. rofl.

i got what u meant the 1st round. no offence..but what i meant earlier was, it will be a waste if the boss burns off (as burning can happen so fast before you stack another few more fuses) and doesn't proc the IIR/IIQ gem. also...when u meet blue mobs. i am pretty sure you cant predict whether explosion or burning kills them. where using gmp on a pack of blue is easy MF. :)

this is the build i am using for the guy who pmed me. :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtBg4J9g48Dq0UIBRNFHEVIBZvGNsZLhmFGjgaVR0UHwIhYCSqJa0n7SmlLOk1hjbFNtg26DbpOlI6szrYQKBBqkOcSn1N2FBHUFBUSVXGWGNZ81uvXz9gS2EhY_1ko2aeZ6BsFnKpdO108XrvfNmBb4M4g9uE74dlh3aMdozPj0aQVZwtnaqePJ65ogCnCKcwp4SsqrnNud3AGsbYznHPZdDQ1I_YJN0N37_jaudS7DjsVe8O73zwH_Fs8i_2SPcy-Ov60vxL_MU=
I've been toying with running the culling strike support on my split arrow to gain the benefits of iiq and iir on gear.
@ ashbird , how do you handle reflect mobs .. ?
"
NemoSushi wrote:
@ ashbird , how do you handle reflect mobs .. ?

just have to be careful. lol. if i am not paying attention..the 5 stack explosions can 1-shot me to death. whenever i see reflect pack or lightning thorn pack...i will just stack like 2 arrows and slowly kill them off.
Hello

I have just reached Merciless on hardcore following this build. Thank you to the OP for sharing and to everyone else who has added vital information. I have some questions which hopefully people can help me answer.

1) is a ruby flash a good choice to use when you see reflect mobs?

2) Is linking pierce to LA LMP LOH a good idea to help EE work properly?

3) Is added burning damage any good? I only have a 4 link Quill Rain with the standard setup

4) what flasks do you guys normally run with?

5) I have an awesome ring but it has added fire damage, am i right in thinking that if my LA gains extra fire damage that EE will not work as we want it to.

6) I sometimes run in a party with a Elemental Cleave templar, how does dealing 2/3 different elemental damages at once work with EE?

Thanks im really enjoying this build

Kieran
"
ktwilson wrote:
Hello

I have just reached Merciless on hardcore following this build. Thank you to the OP for sharing and to everyone else who has added vital information. I have some questions which hopefully people can help me answer.

1) is a ruby flash a good choice to use when you see reflect mobs?

2) Is linking pierce to LA LMP LOH a good idea to help EE work properly?

3) Is added burning damage any good? I only have a 4 link Quill Rain with the standard setup

4) what flasks do you guys normally run with?

5) I have an awesome ring but it has added fire damage, am i right in thinking that if my LA gains extra fire damage that EE will not work as we want it to.

6) I sometimes run in a party with a Elemental Cleave templar, how does dealing 2/3 different elemental damages at once work with EE?

Thanks im really enjoying this build

Kieran

1) Yes there literally must have once your gear hits a certain point imo ive on shot myself from 8.5k health countless times being lazy (Default)
2) use chain LA/Chain/Loh/xmp is insanely op
4) life/life/ruby/granite/quicksilver
5) if you have any + fire damage it ruins the item for our spec sadly (rules out alot of amazing quivers aswell) but yeh also means be carefull exalting
6) hope hes not wanting to use anger :P

Also Ashbird surely you dont skip ele adaptation?
gotta be one of the best talents on the tree man :P
Last edited by kilikai on Apr 25, 2013, 1:50:57 PM
"
kilikai wrote:
Also Ashbird surely you dont skip ele adaptation?
gotta be one of the best talents on the tree man :P

i am on MF gear most of the time. and my resistances are not max out when i am on it. thus..i dont really need the extra 5% max resist. :)

actually..EA is the best or one of the best build for MF. because..we have the flexibility of putting IIR IIQ gems on EA..though it decrease damage by a bit...but its well worth it. and..most of our passive are in life nodes. good survivability in map farming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info