Challenges for Warbands and Tempest

"
Hodari wrote:
If by "the truth" you mean "In your own highly biased opinion", then maybe. There's at least 1 challenge that even the most casual player should be able to complete

its not a single-user view, its a objectice assumption: it will need a lot of endgame engagement for (IMHO) all challenges: lots of xp, lots of high valuable currency, lots of high level items... and if I expect the 'confrontations' with the warbands based on the previous torment spirits, then even this one is out of casual expects.

Maybe the Tempest challenge would be (from what I heared about Bloodlines) - but HC disqualified itself (by 'balancing') :D

Most of this newer challenges dont need just patience and some time effort, but demand (increasing) efficiency on playthrough to be 'successful' - and 'casual' is not only 'time limited' but also "limited"/less efficient.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
edgewood wrote:
For the complete 3 chars to 82 challenge, as others have mentioned not everyone likes to change and do different characters, why not have it as a tiered amount ie 3 lvl 82 chars, or 2 lvl 88 chars or 1 lvl 90 or some such breakup with a similar amount of xp needed.

it avoids from allowing to do just one single faceroll/op build ^^
--
"
CocoonMaN wrote:
They make this so impossible for anyone who doesn't have a lot of time. :(

I know! and I love it!
challenges looking like a good mix of tedious and doable tasks. well done.

two questions:

patch notes do take longer as expected, chris?

and how long are the challenge leagues intended to be run?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Perspective from a experienced player:
Most of the achievements doable.
Recipes, bosses, identify (and check it, ONE OF THE SHAVS, VOLLS, ETC)
Kill warbands masters - fine

But then the divination cards. That'll require trading, and im not sure if im willing to spend currnecy for that.

And then the tempest areas. God, i hate hardcore. Playing at 200 ping with crashes killed 3 chars to get me the red armor set.

Might get fairly easy to 6/8, the rest would take a lot of work.

But then, for a totem pole?
Look ma, GGG gave me my own uniques!
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
I am even more psyched for tempest league now seeing how many there are!
My goal is 5 this time, seems doable no trade hc if it is a 4 month.

Edit oof just realized how many of those identifies are likely to be warband only drops. 4 for me it looks like.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Last edited by mucker on Jul 7, 2015, 11:01:05 AM
Tempest looks like its gonna be boring.
Cool! Last 2 challenges will be the most... well challenging.
IGN: MegaSplasz
"
arherter wrote:
Perspective from a experienced player:
Most of the achievements doable.

doable? most?
recipes: yeah okay, the most significant sacrifice is the 40% quality of gems for the GCP, no Divine/Scouring recipe included.

bosses: seem to include a lot (all?) of new map bosses - even from the higher tiers (avatars, prodigies) - seems very 'risky' to expect that as casual doable (or even to sustain)

corruption: needs 36 partial very rare unique jewels, and 36 vaal orbs... hardly plannable

knowledge: full clear of all three new 82 maps - casual?

identify: needs to find a lot (all?) of the league specific uniques (or trade for unid' ones)

warbands: if as rare as torments, I'd call it impossible. But maybe they are - at least - easier to share...?

cards: depending on their specific rarity, maybe it only needs some grinding. (its only 25 needed, and we will know quickly where they spot - and we even can trade for redunant fragments)

tempests: from the experiences with bloodline, it could be a fast task (if one's in HC).

level grind: grind-effort as usual ^^
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info