(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lighty wrote:
"
zeezaxean wrote:
Champion looks so good for cyclone damn.

I am thinking about doing perma fortify Duelist cycloner on mana, running hatred+poachers mark on blasphemy so both the ascendancy fortify and this open up 2 gem slots in cyclone links. This should be nice.

This way i don't even have to run blood rage for frenzy charges, so i keep that 6%+ life regeneration on top of lgoh from gem+poacher and life leech from the tree.

Do you think poacher's mana on hit will be enough to maintain cyclone without having to invest in mana nodes under Duelist?

This way i'd run something like Cyclone+Melee phys+Added fire+Faster attacks(i dont know if WED is worth it without herald of ash)+Blue socket for inc aoe or conc as you suggest.

"
statx805 wrote:
@zeezaxean that's an awesome idea man. If we can free up LGoH and Fortify and BM, I am 100% all in on this. I'd love to hear Lighty's feedback whether he thinks hatred+poachers on blasphemy is viable enough to remove lgoh and bloodrage and BM.

I was 84 on HC tali and used cyclone + melee phys + LGoH + BM + fortify. Would be incredible to free up 3 gems for moar damage lol.

Its probably enough to drop bm if you had some mana leech on jewels but lgoh falls off hard when you get to higher tier content and leech is almost mandatory. Poachers would be enough to sustain our frenzy charges id imagine and we dont gain anything from the less evasion aspect since we cannot miss. If you were lv84 you should probably be dropping lgoh at that point in favor for added fire and the additional damage would carry you through leech. Remember that leech is scaling of our pdps so the higher pdps we have the more we leech back making it that much stronger.

Thats why i would go with axes for the Hematophagy + Splitting strikes life leech which i think might be enough along with some lgoh that is still provided from Poachers Mark. Moreover you have to remember not running Blood Rage saves us around 4% of life regen that will be always ticking as well, with other passives its around 7,5% life regen per second, not too shabby for such high life pool. I hope that tradeoff for BloodRage's leech would be fine. I will try it out tomorrow and provide some feedback in the future. NiceBuild :)

There is another 2x 0.6% leech i could grab at Hematophagy if needed.

I know we don't fully utilize the bonuses of Poacher's Mark, but i personally put high value on life regen and i can't force myself to run blood rage for such huge tradeoff.
Last edited by zeezaxean on Mar 3, 2016, 3:49:00 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
I_nis_josh wrote:
Do you think the 10% fortify on hit from champion scion will be enough to keep up fortify at all times?

Fortify lasts 4 seconds so if you assume you get it once every 10 hits (which isn't how rng works) you need to hit 2.5 times a second to make it proc and never drop it? Which sounds very possible assuming its on hit and counter multiple targets as different hits, which it should. basically your probably going to drop it in single target over a longer period of time.

Yeah I figured it would drop for bosses but thats ok, just hoping to sustain it during map clearing for the most part.
Ok so for early levels, I should be running in a 4L:

Cyclone
BM
LGoH
Melee Phys

later levels, maybe 75+? I should be running:

Cyclone
Bloodmagic
Melee Physical Damage
Added Fire Damage
Weapon Ele Dmg

(I will most likely have a 5L for a very long time)

and for auras:
Poachers+Blasphemy
Hatred

Does this sound about right?

Could I possibly get rid of my lategame BM gem with poachers mark and with maybe 1-2 passive points spent in mana nodes? If so what gem would I run, faster atks or inc aoe?
Last edited by statx805 on Mar 3, 2016, 4:54:24 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:

I'm still interested in working in some single target enhancements for those high health bosses in lieu of a Vaal setup. Not sure how effective it would be, but Ancestoral Protector totem with it's own damage support gems, granting us the attack speed buff could be pretty neat, though I have doubts as to how effective it would be for the investment. There's also the tanky stone golem, which might be worth having around for HC.

The "wack a' mole" totems seems funky for single target so lmk how it goes. In regards to stone golem to my knowledge its flat life regen not % so it falls off pretty hard in comparison to 3% added physical reduction, maybe it will change though.

Funky is probably what it will be, and depending on the range of the thing, it might not be useful at all if it can't reach the target when you move out of fire or whatever.

Probably won't be competitive either way, but I'm still interested in atleast trying to work in some of the new stuff, since we have free sockets.
"
I_nis_josh wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
I_nis_josh wrote:
Do you think the 10% fortify on hit from champion scion will be enough to keep up fortify at all times?

Fortify lasts 4 seconds so if you assume you get it once every 10 hits (which isn't how rng works) you need to hit 2.5 times a second to make it proc and never drop it? Which sounds very possible assuming its on hit and counter multiple targets as different hits, which it should. basically your probably going to drop it in single target over a longer period of time.

Yeah I figured it would drop for bosses but thats ok, just hoping to sustain it during map clearing for the most part.

Unfortunately bosses are probably when you want it up the most, and the real issue is that it will often fall off when moving around the map, unless you have really good density, even 1s travel time is time not rolling to refresh the buff. Even then, you might have good uptime, but the inability to control when it's up means there's a good chance it wont be when you need it.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 3, 2016, 6:34:32 PM
It might even be worth it to drop one of the supports and add in fortify for bosses, at least for Izaro
"
I_nis_josh wrote:
It might even be worth it to drop one of the supports and add in fortify for bosses, at least for Izaro

If you're going to do that, I don't see much reason to be Scion in the first place.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 3, 2016, 9:41:49 PM
Don't know if already answer, but about bloodlust gem? seems great damage boost, and you even can put in ancestral protector, leap slam

maybe is better for bosses
"
Bash wrote:
Don't know if already answer, but about bloodlust gem? seems great damage boost, and you even can put in ancestral protector, leap slam

maybe is better for bosses

It's been brought up, but it really only works effectively if you use Atziri's Disfavour, which most players won't have access to.
Are you going to go Duelist or Marauder for this new Ascendancy league? I noticed what you said about Duelist, and it seems really good with Champion, no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info