(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Archimtiros wrote:

They do look decent, I just mean we haven't seen them all, so it's possible there are some other interesting options waiting to be found.

Though if there really are ~300 options, and no handicaps in place help the player roll the ones they want, the devs really aren't kidding about "living in the labyrinth"!

Any thoughts as to what you want to fill those free gem slots with, if we end up with AA?

If I had a free gem slot for bloodrage Id probably toss in enhance(lv4) for 6% attack speed which wouldn't be accessible to the average player and isn't amazing regardless. Potentially could swap an aura around and run something linked to vengeance aswell; life leech or melee phys
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 3, 2016, 1:21:46 AM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:

They do look decent, I just mean we haven't seen them all, so it's possible there are some other interesting options waiting to be found.

Though if there really are ~300 options, and no handicaps in place help the player roll the ones they want, the devs really aren't kidding about "living in the labyrinth"!

Any thoughts as to what you want to fill those free gem slots with, if we end up with AA?

If I had a free gem slot for bloodrage Id probably toss in enhance(lv4) for 6% attack speed which wouldn't be accessible to the average player and isn't amazing regardless. Potentially could swap an aura around and run something linked to vengeance aswell; life leech or melee phys

I'm still interested in working in some single target enhancements for those high health bosses in lieu of a Vaal setup. Not sure how effective it would be, but Ancestoral Protector totem with it's own damage support gems, granting us the attack speed buff could be pretty neat, though I have doubts as to how effective it would be for the investment. There's also the tanky stone golem, which might be worth having around for HC.
Champion looks so good for cyclone damn.

I am thinking about doing perma fortify Duelist cycloner on mana, running hatred+poachers mark on blasphemy so both the ascendancy fortify and this open up 2 gem slots in cyclone links. This should be nice.

This way i don't even have to run blood rage for frenzy charges, so i keep that 6%+ life regeneration on top of lgoh from gem+poacher and life leech from the tree.

Do you think poacher's mana on hit will be enough to maintain cyclone without having to invest in mana nodes under Duelist?

This way i'd run something like Cyclone+Melee phys+Added fire+Faster attacks(i dont know if WED is worth it without herald of ash)+Blue socket for inc aoe or conc as you suggest.
Last edited by zeezaxean on Mar 3, 2016, 9:47:58 AM
@zeezaxean that's an awesome idea man. If we can free up LGoH and Fortify and BM, I am 100% all in on this. I'd love to hear Lighty's feedback whether he thinks hatred+poachers on blasphemy is viable enough to remove lgoh and bloodrage and BM.

I was 84 on HC tali and used cyclone + melee phys + LGoH + BM + fortify. Would be incredible to free up 3 gems for moar damage lol.
Last edited by statx805 on Mar 3, 2016, 12:12:57 PM
Do you think the 10% fortify on hit from champion scion will be enough to keep up fortify at all times?
As many others I have been thinking about the Champion Duelist Class, as it provides amazing benefits.

I put up a very defensive Axe Tree - designed for HC:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAYZi5HexcYhcV7ISULJSZK4lxvYF71MqQhNlHfqmUvTaHamVNkGy-p6knhO_awaLqdO0uUxLhBS3Tb5LQeu9eEyFV707cPWFSB3XFU4ZgwKbcMjpSSHi8nw48BTwYkfxLFHEUTfjr2Xy77fPd6hiCB5HOaGX3Mnascql82c9-xPasqq2Nr6fGrlnz2WEczjwtC2GfPho4hVIrUINfg8yvbC3SkFXrCQ3Ntz5o8icvOQ7-VP4K8B8JlvJF2L2iAJd5OuE1kgSz5FGmV_6PwGZQR03jPAXvDu98FCBfP_ZIjM89_Fhjxtg=

Would you change something?
"
zeezaxean wrote:
Champion looks so good for cyclone damn.

I am thinking about doing perma fortify Duelist cycloner on mana, running hatred+poachers mark on blasphemy so both the ascendancy fortify and this open up 2 gem slots in cyclone links. This should be nice.

This way i don't even have to run blood rage for frenzy charges, so i keep that 6%+ life regeneration on top of lgoh from gem+poacher and life leech from the tree.

Do you think poacher's mana on hit will be enough to maintain cyclone without having to invest in mana nodes under Duelist?

This way i'd run something like Cyclone+Melee phys+Added fire+Faster attacks(i dont know if WED is worth it without herald of ash)+Blue socket for inc aoe or conc as you suggest.

"
statx805 wrote:
@zeezaxean that's an awesome idea man. If we can free up LGoH and Fortify and BM, I am 100% all in on this. I'd love to hear Lighty's feedback whether he thinks hatred+poachers on blasphemy is viable enough to remove lgoh and bloodrage and BM.

I was 84 on HC tali and used cyclone + melee phys + LGoH + BM + fortify. Would be incredible to free up 3 gems for moar damage lol.

Its probably enough to drop bm if you had some mana leech on jewels but lgoh falls off hard when you get to higher tier content and leech is almost mandatory. Poachers would be enough to sustain our frenzy charges id imagine and we dont gain anything from the less evasion aspect since we cannot miss. If you were lv84 you should probably be dropping lgoh at that point in favor for added fire and the additional damage would carry you through leech. Remember that leech is scaling of our pdps so the higher pdps we have the more we leech back making it that much stronger.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 3, 2016, 3:16:19 PM
"
Fabius_Gallus wrote:
As many others I have been thinking about the Champion Duelist Class, as it provides amazing benefits.

I put up a very defensive Axe Tree - designed for HC:

passive tree

Would you change something?

only thing id change is grabbing the %physical dmg nodes in the duelist wheel over the attack speed one and the 10dex node over the end charge duration. It seems like the standard 2h cyclone tree with more life and endurance charges so you should be fine.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 3, 2016, 3:13:35 PM
"
I_nis_josh wrote:
Do you think the 10% fortify on hit from champion scion will be enough to keep up fortify at all times?

Fortify lasts 4 seconds so if you assume you get it once every 10 hits (which isn't how rng works) you need to hit 2.5 times a second to make it proc and never drop it? Which sounds very possible assuming its on hit and counter multiple targets as different hits, which it should. basically your probably going to drop it in single target over a longer period of time.
LightyGaming.com
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:

I'm still interested in working in some single target enhancements for those high health bosses in lieu of a Vaal setup. Not sure how effective it would be, but Ancestoral Protector totem with it's own damage support gems, granting us the attack speed buff could be pretty neat, though I have doubts as to how effective it would be for the investment. There's also the tanky stone golem, which might be worth having around for HC.

The "wack a' mole" totems seems funky for single target so lmk how it goes. In regards to stone golem to my knowledge its flat life regen not % so it falls off pretty hard in comparison to 3% added physical reduction, maybe it will change though.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 3, 2016, 3:17:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info