(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lighty wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

I'll let you know how I find champion vs. slayer as i'll be testing both. I would run faster attacks - conc - inc aoe as my remaining 6th-7th-8th link depending on weather your using hezmana or champion or a combination of the two.

So you're saying with 8 you'll run Conc and Inc AoE together, leaving out WED. I suppose that means without Hezmana and only 7 you'd take WED and leave Conc/AoE out.

I didn't think about it earlier, but what about Hypothermia? I remember some discussion about it pages ago, but I'm not sure how reliable chill effects would be.

If i had a 6l hezmana and I was champion I would run..

• Cyclone
  • Melee phys
  • Added fire
  • Wed
  • Faster attacks
  • Conc effect
  • Inc aoe
  • Culling Strike

The 8th slot is very flexible and can be used with lgoh/leech/hypo ect.

You don't have 8 slots though, only 6. The 7th/8th being passive Blood Magic/Fortify.

Sorry, the way I worded my question was confusing. I'm asking if you would use Conc as your last link without Inc AoE (using the order you listed above), or if you would favor the two in combination over one of the higher priority gems.
"
Archimtiros wrote:

You don't have 8 slots though, only 6. The 7th/8th being passive Blood Magic/Fortify.

Sorry, the way I worded my question was confusing. I'm asking if you would use Conc as your last link without Inc AoE (using the order you listed above), or if you would favor the two in combination over one of the higher priority gems.

Ahh I understand now. In that case I would run the core 5 and keep a blue slot for swapping between the 2. Use inc aoe for mapping and swap in conc for atziri and boss's.
  • Cyclone
  • Melee phys
  • Added fire
  • Wed
  • Faster attacks
  • Conc effect/Inc aoe

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 1, 2016, 11:10:59 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:

Ahh I understand now. In that case I would run the core 5 and keep a blue slot for swapping between the 2. Use inc aoe for mapping and swap in conc for atziri and boss's.
  • Cyclone
  • Melee phys
  • Added fire
  • Wed
  • Faster attacks
  • Conc effect/Inc aoe

Sorry for confusing you. Trust me, I had to do (a couple) double takes myself counting gems/links.

The decision between Conc Effect and Inc AoE, or an outlier like Hypothermia, is exactly what I was looking for, thanks.
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:

• Cyclone
  • Melee phys
  • Added fire
  • Wed
  • Faster attacks
  • Conc effect/Inc aoe

Sorry for confusing you. Trust me, I had to do (a couple) double takes myself counting gems/links.

The decision between Conc Effect and Inc AoE, or an outlier like Hypothermia, is exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Theres an FAQ on the front page of the guide talking about Hypothermia some, its semi-viable.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:

Theres an FAQ on the front page of the guide talking about Hypothermia some, its semi-viable.

Got it, sounds like the information I was remembering earlier. Not a big fan of swapping gems around, though it sounds like Conc/AoE are still the best options.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 1, 2016, 11:52:14 PM
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

Got it, sounds like the information I was remembering earlier. Not a big fan of swapping gems around, though it sounds like Conc/AoE are still the best options.

Thats the general consensus aswell
LightyGaming.com
I am palnning to get back into POE for the new update, and I was wondering if this build was good fro ascendecy for me to follow?? thank you.
"
MP9 wrote:
I am palnning to get back into POE for the new update, and I was wondering if this build was good fro ascendecy for me to follow?? thank you.

2H Cyclone is perfectly fine to play for ascendancy (2.2) and is still one of the best melee builds around. There are more cheap starting uniques (Primacy,Hezmana,Doomsower,marohi) then ever that making transitioning to maps very easy.
LightyGaming.com
Hey lighty. First of all thanks for this great work.I really like it.
I'm thinking on going cyclone rt in softcore next league but I can't decide yet.What do you think should I do? I play solo and with 1-2 friends. Last league we managed t15 maps. I can't decide if I should play your build or this one:https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1510181/page/1
I think your build would be faster and more fluent but the rf totem isn't in the middle of danger, so it would be safer. What do you think about my choices?
Last edited by MalakAlhaq on Mar 2, 2016, 6:50:07 AM
I've noticed that you changed the skill tree slightly for Ascendancy, in the Bloody Bludgeon cluster, you changed which nodes you take. Why?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info