(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Carlovski wrote:
Thought I'd post my gear and bit of thoughts on my build - some people in chat were quite surprised by my sheet dps based on level and cheap gear - 28k dps with charges up (only 3 frenzy charges).
That is running HoA on life as well though, which I will probably have to ditch in later maps, unless I get a load more life.
I'm not overly bothered by the sheet numbers anyway, and feel maybe that attack speed is artificially boosting the numbers, but the actualy clear speed is great. The fact that a big chunk of my damage is physical and chaos does mean that I actually do hit with that much damage though, doing a lot of elemental damage without penetration or curses can be a bit misleading.

Gear

Yes - I know I need to put WED on the belt (bit more damage then).
I'm still running warlords reach in one jewel slot that I could replace with a decent rare , and got a few more jewel slots to take so should be able to get a bit more damage too. This is the next one to slot

The only trouble I have had with this character at all is running Poorjoys - and mostly my fault for being bad at keeping my granites up (And it did drop a near perfect sire of shards to make up for the deaths!). A bit more armour would be nice though, and I might take an endurance charge and the life regen per charge node, despite being in SC.

Carl

Looking good and I enjoyed playing BM keystone with double mings in the last HC league but keep in mind your WeD on belt and gear wont affect chaos damage as its not elemental! Poorjoys is a nightmare for any build and the threat of being one-shot is always there. Jewel sockets are extremely strong when you start getting 3-4 useful affix jewels, easily overvalue the 1-3 point travel for them. I also didn't even bother running HoA off life and very rarely used AA for the chilled ground on tricky maps, overall it felt safe.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 9, 2015, 6:52:49 AM
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
aMIgolala wrote:
hey lighty,
i've followed your suggestion to go for the axe version
but i have a question here, is vaal cyclone comparable with vaal ground slam?
i realize vaal ground has a few more charges, yes?

Talked to you in-game but for those with a similar questions VGS is better than Vcyclone in almost every way. The only downside is VGS can only be used with maces/staves. Vcyclone can lead to some funny and rippy moments however and highly suggest against it for HC. If your running axe/sword and want a vaal alternative vaal grace/haste + increased duration works well in a party and can boost your survivalbility/clear speed.

Vaal cyclone is hilarious though. Agree wouldn't use in Hardcore, I've had a few fun interactions with beyond maps...
Really helps pulling fleeing mobs, great for ghosts and makes some elreon missions a bit less annoying.
I've got the luxury of a spare 4l so am running with LGOH, added fire and melee phys.

The are a few monster affixes that makes Vaal Cyclone sketchy

• Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers
  • Heralds of the Obelisk
  • Bameth Via [Beyond/Voidspawn of Abaxoth] (Vaal Detonate Dead)
  • Corrupting Blood (Although You Should Always Have A Staunching Flask)
  • Volatile Flame/Ice/Storm blood
  • Ancestral Power (You Can Pull Multiple Searing Bond Totems On-top Of You)

As long as you avoid those you should be okay :p
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 9, 2015, 6:58:58 AM

I will be updating the Aura subsection of "Gems and Links" for the upcoming Blasphemy skill. It converts a curse into a aura around you for 25% mana reservation and will most likely be replacing Arctic Armour for the 2nd 25% aura slot. Check out the demo video to get a better idea of how it works. Below is the list of applicable Cyclone curses with Warlords Mark and Punishment at the top of my list. This will change my personal (and most common) Aura Setup to [ Hatred + Herald Of Ash + Blasphemy + Curse ] which was already taking a 4L slot with no beneficial 4th gem so it fits well. Look forward to testing on the gems release.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 9, 2015, 3:12:54 PM
Hello Lighty!

What do you think playing cyclone through blood magic key stone in passive tree and The Bringer of Rain, nightmare bascinet (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Bringer_of_Rain)?

It means, I can skip Melee physical DMG and faster attacks gems and also blood magic... So I would have 4 link with Cyclone - Fortify - Added fire DMG - AND what 4. socket would u recommend me what? Shall I use Empower? Im not sure if I can afford such expensive gem, what about Increas Area Efect or Concentrated efect? Any other suggestions?

Im playing at softcore.

Thx for suggestions!
"
Nevenka242 wrote:
Hello Lighty!

What do you think playing cyclone through blood magic key stone in passive tree and The Bringer of Rain, nightmare bascinet (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Bringer_of_Rain)?

It means, I can skip Melee physical DMG and faster attacks gems and also blood magic... So I would have 4 link with Cyclone - Fortify - Added fire DMG - AND what 4. socket would u recommend me what? Shall I use Empower? Im not sure if I can afford such expensive gem, what about Increas Area Efect or Concentrated efect? Any other suggestions?

Im playing at softcore.

Thx for suggestions!

In general I don't suggest BM keystone in softcore however it works okay. You can use BoR for cyclone but a rare help and access to the many nice unique body armours is simply better. If your going to run that setup I would suggest Weapon elemental damage as the 4th BoR slot, you can however leave it blue for the Conc Effect - Inc Aoe gem swap. 100% don't run empower, it does little to nothing for all melee skills compared to most other support gems as we don't gain the exponential scaling like spells do from levels. if your running BoR You can however run a staff instead of axe/sword/mace and gain access to the block nodes and implicit block on teh staff. This could form as endurance charge generation from BoR and make some sort of backwards synergy but overall, still worse than the classic cyclone build. Maybe something like this if you wanted to try Staff block with BoR and BM ksytone; don't forget to run 1-2 mings heart as they counteract the life behind BM but grant large amounts of chaos res and un-reflectable chaos damage added from our pdps.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:

I will be updating the Aura subsection of "Gems and Links" for the upcoming Blasphemy skill. It converts a curse into a aura around you for 25% mana reservation and will most likely be replacing Arctic Armour for the 2nd 25% aura slot. Check out the demo video to get a better idea of how it works. Below is the list of applicable Cyclone curses with Warlords Mark and Punishment at the top of my list. This will change my personal (and most common) Aura Setup to [ Hatred + Herald Of Ash + Blasphemy + Curse ] which was already taking a 4L slot with no beneficial 4th gem so it fits well. Look forward to testing on the gems release.

So I'm currently running HoA+Hatred+AA, with Warlord's Mark on a lv 1 CWDT. My initial thought with Blasphemy was that if we're going to lose AA for the Blasphemy setup, it should be a defensive curse, i.e. Enfeeble or Temp Chains. I guess you're thinking that the extra damage (lv 20 Punishment vs lv 5) will create extra life leech which should negate the loss of AA, while also boosting damage? I'm asking because as I understand it we're still only going to get to run 1 curse, and Blasphemy will replace both AA the CWDT setup, so it's not clear (to me at least) what the best option will be
"
Lighty wrote:

Looking good and I enjoyed playing BM keystone with double mings in the last HC league but keep in mind your WeD on belt and gear wont affect chaos damage as its not elemental! Poorjoys is a nightmare for any build and the threat of being one-shot is always there. Jewel sockets are extremely strong when you start getting 3-4 useful affix jewels, easily overvalue the 1-3 point travel for them. I also didn't even bother running HoA off life and very rarely used AA for the chilled ground on tricky maps, overall it felt safe.

Yes I know - hence not running a WED gem either. Added fire is still a chunk of ele damage though and more if I am running HoA. Though maybe I could craft move speed on the belt instead as WED would only be a marginal improvement. It's quite an expensive craft though - and it's quite upsetting if you hit 1% MS!
I might rejig my starting nodes too, go more like your hardcore tree and take the life/armour route rather than damage, as I seem to have plenty of that.
Yep, Jewels are great. Been buying cheap life + damage magic ones when I can and regalling (I have no luck with alts getting them myself!). Running one with life damage and some resistances, which isn't ideal but helps with gearing. If I can get a couple more (Ideally 4 stat ones) then I will be able to run devoto as well.
Don't think people have quite worked out pricing on jewels either, they aren't that difficult to roll half decent ones (3 stats anyway, 4 stats a different matter). Most of my currency has come from selling jewels this league, typically selling for quite a bit less than others.

I got a bit overconfident with poorjoys as a few of my recent builds (evasion/acro and ranged) have no problems with it at all. Melee is a bit of a different proposition!
No mention of Poacher's Mark as a curse option for blasphemy?
Gives LGOH, 40% (w 20Q) chance for frenzy charge on kill, and fast flask refill. Could drop blood rage.

Blood rage is probably with WLM for curse since you get more leech, atk speed, and the ability to generate frenzy and endurance charges.

Poachers is probably worth testing though.
"
k0pfschuss wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

So I'm currently running HoA+Hatred+AA, with Warlord's Mark on a lv 1 CWDT. My initial thought with Blasphemy was that if we're going to lose AA for the Blasphemy setup, it should be a defensive curse, i.e. Enfeeble or Temp Chains. I guess you're thinking that the extra damage (lv 20 Punishment vs lv 5) will create extra life leech which should negate the loss of AA, while also boosting damage? I'm asking because as I understand it we're still only going to get to run 1 curse, and Blasphemy will replace both AA the CWDT setup, so it's not clear (to me at least) what the best option will be

Yeah your basically right. Warlords Mark or enfeeble are the most valued options imo whoever punishment is as good as .75 of melee physical damage + .75 of faster attack support gems combined and is rarely used for one main reason, its awkward. You need to debuff them, attack them, they buff you, re apply curse to maintain buff. With the new setup and the estimated reach of blasphemy ( larger than your cyclone radius ) you just hit one mob and should maintain the buff throughout the map. I will have to do testing but that's the theory behind it at least.
LightyGaming.com
"
Donut_Harvest wrote:
No mention of Poacher's Mark as a curse option for blasphemy?
Gives LGOH, 40% (w 20Q) chance for frenzy charge on kill, and fast flask refill. Could drop blood rage.

Blood rage is probably with WLM for curse since you get more leech, atk speed, and the ability to generate frenzy and endurance charges.

Poachers is probably worth testing though.

Your correct and i will add it to the list! Imo the main draw I see is the life gain on hit and flask recovery vs. reflect maps. You would still want to run bloodrage for the free attack speed and leach ( as long as your under 20% which is always ). Although I can see the redundancy there poacher way well have its place in the cyclone curse arsenal.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info