(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Build is going well in Darkshrine. I'm sticking with the BM keystone option too, working pretty well for me.
Switched to a 5l Kaom's Primacy, up to about 17k dps. Will probably start a crafting project on the side as soon as I get a ilvl 83 axe.
I'm a bit conflicted on whether to go dual ming's heart, or just one and get a Devoto's - struggling to cap resists with all 3, unless I get some really GG gear (Plus losing another life roll might be a step to far). Probably go with Mings- move speed is nice but might be a luxury.

"
jebose wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
jebose wrote:
My Darkshrines character. Can you give me some criticism and tell me where to go next?

In order of what I would do..

• If you haven't already;20% quality and roll your flasks
  • 6 socket your weapon
  • 5-6 link your weapon
  • make weapon 20% quality
  • Get body armour: Lightning Coil > Kaoms Heart > Belly of the Beast > Daresso's Defiance
  • Get Taste of Hate
  • Start Min/Maxing Rares, all of them :p

After all that I would save currency for dumb temp league shit that I enjoy blowing my currency on..
  • Jack In The Box Sets
  • Atziri/Uber Atziri
  • Buying/Rolling High Tier (13-15)Maps + Zana Mods
  • Chancing League Exclusive Items with Zana ( Headhunter,Volls devo,Shavs Rev )
  • Self Craft an Op 650+pdps weapon after hoarding crafting supplies

Goodluck and let me know how it goes!

Well I managed to 6 link a new weapon

Still trying to get a taste a hate. Lightning coil/Kaoms is a bit out of reach considering the rings/amulets are garbage in the league at the moment and I wouldn't be able to cap my resists, do you have any advice for that?. up to around 24k unbuffed everything melts which is great. Also just wanted to say thank you for this build by far the most comfortable build i've ever played.

Daresso's defiance works well as a budget body armour until you can cap res for coil or get a kaoms. Your really need good res ammy/rings in most cases to run coil; can be tricky but check http://poe.trade/ for some niche 55% res rings with life,int/dex, wed ect ect.
LightyGaming.com
"
D33rHunt3r wrote:
hello ,i just update my marauder character ,i was following in the past victor doom guide,i got a question why we don't use concentrated effect ? also if you can tell me what should i upgrade for build, i run 75,76 maps,sometimes i die very fast when i encounter some rare monsters

my gear:

Spoiler

my skill tree :

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMFLQU8B3UJlgthDF8OPBDwFCAUcRiRGjgbqhynIVUnICcvLPs5DjpSPAU8LT38QKBGt0d-SHhJ1VBHU6VXVFhjWfNeE18_YVJjF2VNaFhoZWjycql07XZ_dqx4enrve4x82X7ggTqCB4Nfg8yExITZhO-FUoZgh2qJ2IoiirOMz5BVk6iXeZ5XogCpJ6mUrKqtja9stz68n702vqfAZsCmwQfEWMT2xVPGrs9-02_XfteW2L3ZYdl82sHcMtw95FHqGOsJ7w7vTu988B_yQfJa82_z3fZI9zL46_4K?accountName=D33rHunt3r&characterName=Deveeth

Obviously your very MF oriented and that can contribute to some of your deaths as your lacking more life ,chaos res, armour and running aurseize and goldywrm severely slows you down with drops your cyclone dps. If Mf is your goal its better to run lower tier maps faster than struggle with higher tier ones; if you just want to cyclone and forgo the MF; replace your MF gear with rares focusing more on armour, life and chaos res once res capped. Running taste of hate and lightning coil greatly helps to mitigate physical damage taken on-top of your base armour and fortify buff.
LightyGaming.com
"
Carlovski wrote:
Build is going well in Darkshrine. I'm sticking with the BM keystone option too, working pretty well for me.
Switched to a 5l Kaom's Primacy, up to about 17k dps. Will probably start a crafting project on the side as soon as I get a ilvl 83 axe.
I'm a bit conflicted on whether to go dual ming's heart, or just one and get a Devoto's - struggling to cap resists with all 3, unless I get some really GG gear (Plus losing another life roll might be a step to far). Probably go with Mings- move speed is nice but might be a luxury.

If you can stay above 5K life run all 3, capped chaos res is underrated for high level mapping. Overall just running Devotos is the best/safest option and doesn't detract from your life and resistances much while still giving you a bevy of positive stats that are difficult to obtain (dex/chaosRes/movespeed/shinyFeet). Before you start crafting your i83 axe ( and make sure its exactly i83 to avoid rolling into more trash ) you want to stockpile a fair amount of crafting currency.

Rough Estimate For A Solid Crafting Session
  • 2000 Alts
  • 500 Augs
  • 100 Trans
  • 100 Scours
  • 100 Regals
  • 5-10ex for Yolo ex into secondary prefix

Check out the "how to craft 2h weapons" section of the guide for more details and consult the affix list when rolling!
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 8, 2015, 4:31:56 PM
can this build do this map? with what changes to gems?
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
can this build do this map? with what changes to gems?
yes and just replace weapon elemental damage with life gain on hit. If your on Standard I can run it for you to demonstrate.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 9, 2015, 1:56:47 AM
hey lighty,
i've followed your suggestion to go for the axe version
but i have a question here, is vaal cyclone comparable with vaal ground slam?
i realize vaal ground has a few more charges, yes?
"
aMIgolala wrote:
hey lighty,

Talked to you in-game but for those with a similar questions VGS is better than Vcyclone in almost every way. The only downside is VGS can only be used with maces/staves. Vcyclone can lead to some funny and rippy moments however and highly suggest against it for HC. If your running axe/sword and want a vaal alternative vaal grace/haste + increased duration works well in a party and can boost your survivalbility/clear speed.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 9, 2015, 6:01:54 AM
Thought I'd post my gear and bit of thoughts on my build - some people in chat were quite surprised by my sheet dps based on level and cheap gear - 28k dps with charges up (only 3 frenzy charges).
That is running HoA on life as well though, which I will probably have to ditch in later maps, unless I get a load more life.
I'm not overly bothered by the sheet numbers anyway, and feel maybe that attack speed is artificially boosting the numbers, but the actualy clear speed is great. The fact that a big chunk of my damage is physical and chaos does mean that I actually do hit with that much damage though, doing a lot of elemental damage without penetration or curses can be a bit misleading.

Gear

Yes - I know I need to put WED on the belt (bit more damage then).
I'm still running warlords reach in one jewel slot that I could replace with a decent rare , and got a few more jewel slots to take so should be able to get a bit more damage too. This is the next one to slot

The only trouble I have had with this character at all is running Poorjoys - and mostly my fault for being bad at keeping my granites up (And it did drop a near perfect sire of shards to make up for the deaths!). A bit more armour would be nice though, and I might take an endurance charge and the life regen per charge node, despite being in SC.

Carl

"
Lighty wrote:
"
aMIgolala wrote:
hey lighty,

Talked to you in-game but for those with a similar questions VGS is better than Vcyclone in almost every way. The only downside is VGS can only be used with maces/staves. Vcyclone can lead to some funny and rippy moments however and highly suggest against it for HC. If your running axe/sword and want a vaal alternative vaal grace/haste + increased duration works well in a party and can boost your survivalbility/clear speed.

Vaal cyclone is hilarious though. Agree wouldn't use in Hardcore, I've had a few fun interactions with beyond maps...
Really helps pulling fleeing mobs, great for ghosts and makes some elreon missions a bit less annoying.
I've got the luxury of a spare 4l so am running with LGOH, added fire and melee phys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info