Eternal Orbs

"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
Legacy items destroyed this game... so sad to now see a legacy orb. I stopped playing when I saw the 1.3 patch notes. I keep checking back hopes for a permanent legacy free league.. and then this BS with the eternal orbs happens.

what the fffff?

whelp, sad day and I don't think I will be logging in for this expansion. Let them eat cake.

Edit: The right thing to do would of been to disable them in ALL the new leagues and left them in standard where the damage is already done. And the rich and RMTers get richer. 2 fn years, 2 years and you pull this crap.

so what to do with legacy item ?

they can't be re roll to new ones aparently so
just delete them ?
it's not fair for me i play since Open Beta if you delete my item i killmyself (maybe ;) )

so old player should be screwed of all the time they play before you to get them because some new player
can't have a weapon biger than mine ?

yes a have looted a bor before you even deginne to play poe ! so what ? you are jealous ?
/IGN OeilDeNuits /

Warband shop :https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1305164
Last edited by OeilDeNuit on Jul 7, 2015, 6:19:47 PM
"
OeilDeNuit wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
sure, but it will happen much less without mirrors (and with eternals).

probleme is you probably never gonna craft something like that because

huh? i already have.

"
sure you can blow all your currencies for 2/3 years to craft something but what the point? there is allready tons of 6t1 ! we can even chose certain affixe ...

sort of, but for the wrong reason. once they mentioned new tiers, the question became what's the point of crafting?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
K, so i thought about this for a moment. Eternal orb are wrecking the values of other orbs. The question is, why? The answer is simple. The eternal orb is out of place. Not saying that I think it should be removed just moved. I Don't understand why the eternal was set to "never drop". Even though it looks cool and is quite fancy, the utility is much greater than what you initially granted it. By reducing the drop rate greater than that of the exalted orb you essentially nerfed your own currency restricting to to top tier crafting only. I have said many times "only if there was a good way to get good mid tier gear I would have a much better time in merciless." If I had access to eternal orb as I had access to to chaos I would have awesome three stat gear and maybe even some awesome blue gear that I just didn't need to regal. My characters would be much more complete by level 85 and farming for better gear for those 5 and 6+ stat gear would be much more bearable. Increasing the drop rate or creating a recipe for eternal orbs would not only repair the economy it would reinforce crafting at all tiers. I hope that you consider this as a possible alternative rather than removing it further injuring the economy.
this orb changed the game more than anything else
the days before eternal orb were good days
2.0 will be good
nice overall changes, a brave 2.0 indeed
"
OeilDeNuit wrote:

WTF men !.... eternals was for only less than 1% of the player !
what kind of normal player care about eternals , did you even use one once ?
an so what you eternaled a 1 T1 2T4 item ? you screwed it up then get back with the imprint ?
not changing anything , you still have the same item etherway !!!

or maybe you blow 50 eternals on 3T3 item to get T2 of the affix you need ?

trust me , you never gonna tell the difference when it will be gone

you never gonna be able tocraft 6t1 anyway
so at the worth case buy some of them in case you find a mirror some day

You don't understand me. I don't care for eternals. It never drop a single one to me, and I never use it(you can check my chars, they are not locked). I'm just pissed by these GGG bullshits. Just read... what they wrote. I'm stupid but not so much.
I always ask myself... why you should put something ingame and after sometime will remove it. The eternals are just next thing. Like legacy items and many many more. Why you put 1000hp to chest and then cut it on half. It has that amateur feel. So far away from serious developer studios.
More examples... why u put hybrid craft mod to masters ED/accuracy and then remove it(are u amateur). And some ppl which playing more serious after the change will never has a chance to do this craft... just example.
And the stupid changes raining one after another... just watch the population. Now the game have alot attention like every new thing... just watch 2,3 months after release. I don't see a single reason to continue play it. I just hate this policy.
edit: one more thing. If i have the power to decide, example for legacy items. I will never put something and after some time to cut it on half. If it's absolutely necessary it will be done on all items. This mean "legacy no more"... they will be same as the new after the change. But these nerfs are stupid.... this is not beta! If you want to ""balance""".... there is and other ways.
Last edited by Joleco on Jul 7, 2015, 7:40:52 PM
"
Joleco wrote:
"
OeilDeNuit wrote:

WTF men !.... eternals was for only less than 1% of the player !
what kind of normal player care about eternals , did you even use one once ?
an so what you eternaled a 1 T1 2T4 item ? you screwed it up then get back with the imprint ?
not changing anything , you still have the same item etherway !!!

or maybe you blow 50 eternals on 3T3 item to get T2 of the affix you need ?

trust me , you never gonna tell the difference when it will be gone

you never gonna be able tocraft 6t1 anyway
so at the worth case buy some of them in case you find a mirror some day

You don't understand me. I don't care for eternals. It never drop a single one to me, and I never use it(you can check my chars, they are not locked). I'm just pissed by these GGG bullshits. Just read... what they wrote. I'm stupid but no so much.
I always ask myself... why you should put something ingame and after sometime will remove it. The eternals are just next thing. Like legacy items and many many more. Why you put 1000hp to chest and then cut it on half. It has that amateur feel. So far away from serious developer studios.
More examples... why u put hybrid craft mod to masters ED/accuracy and then remove it(are u amateur). And some ppl which playing more serious after the change will never has a chance to do this craft... just example.
And the stupid changes raining one after another... just watch the population. Now the game have alot attention like every new thing... just watch 2,3 months after release. I don't see a single reason to continue play it. I just hate this policy.
It's probably GGG's strategy to change the game up constantly, to keep it interesting, piss of some players, and make others happy. Due to the big complexity of all the game mechanics it can't be expected that they do everything right. And don't forget it's free 2 play!
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
I just cant believe how stupid some ppl ITT are. Do you even realise there wouldnt be any high end items without mirrors/eternals? In the current so called "crafting" system, it requires ridiculous amount of currency to produce 6*T1 items (talking few hundred eternals + exalts till few THOUSANDS of eternals + exalts). Who can ever produce such item except few guys like AXN, Ventor, Jin etc?

If you remove mirrors, who is going to make high end items? Answer is nobody cos few that can afford it wont craft it for nothing. No mirror = no1 can get the item = u not going to get back a single orb on mirror fee = no profit and huge loss of currency.

And chance to get a drop like this? hmm...I think ill rather bet that ill get kidnapped by aliens then drop high end item...not even talking about 6*T1, but nothing even REMOTELY CLOSE in thousands and thousands hours of playtime.
Was doing my usual casual map mfing.

I can't help but noticing more decently rolled rares with partial t1 mods. Maybe They buffed the chance to roll t1 afflixes on rares?

Let's show some patience And see how things turned out as the development progresses. Taking away eternal orbs is just part of a plan that paves the way for future big expac.

Ps - I do agree that mirror is one of factors that lead to the abuse And op of eternal but have u guys considered the fact that it's standard league (perm)..Which people have spent legit time grinding their way up to earn the deserved riches And gears.

I can't find my previous suggestion... lost in thread.
Last edited by lightofeast on Jul 7, 2015, 8:24:29 PM
plenty of players made their own 6t1 items just for their own personal use.

ie:
i've mirrored it 0 times.

yes, 6t1 items would happen with eternals but without mirrors. because people like me would want to craft their own gear.

...which is becoming moot, between new tiers and legacy eternals.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
plenty of players made their own 6t1 items just for their own personal use.

ie:
i've mirrored it 0 times.

yes, 6t1 items would happen with eternals but without mirrors. because people like me would want to craft their own gear.

...which is becoming moot, between new tiers and legacy eternals.

obviously, some items are much easier to make then others....helms is nice, dont get me wrong but its niche...now try to make 6T1 Ambusher, Harbinger bow, Corsair etc etc, its not rly comparable
EDIT: I mean items with 6 desired stats, not just 6T1 with crap mods
Last edited by Aerinqq on Jul 7, 2015, 9:22:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info