Eternal Orbs

With eternals gone the game is in a much better state. The long run of existing eternals will soon disintegrate and will no longer exist.
I suggested far before eternals were removed that they shouldn't have ever existed. While it's rare to find the best items, that is what arpgs are meant to be like, and not to craft the BiS gear.
But over time eternals will be a thing of the past.
Bored!
"
0RadiusTwo wrote:
With eternals gone the game is in a much better state. The long run of existing eternals will soon disintegrate and will no longer exist.
I suggested far before eternals were removed that they shouldn't have ever existed. While it's rare to find the best items, that is what arpgs are meant to be like, and not to craft the BiS gear.
But over time eternals will be a thing of the past.

Eternals themselves are not bad. The way they were before wasn't bad either. I think many games could find eternals or something similar a very productive way to manage an RNG craft. The place of eternals has been taken by Forsaken Masters though to accomplish pretty much the same thing. So if you're railing on eternals for making rolls more predictable, then you should also rail against masters. I know bench crafting doesn't produce perfect results, but you don't need perfect in this game, merely usable. And the metamod crafting can guarantee 5 T1 rolls which is close enough (always have to slam the last affix and pray, or use a master craft).

In any case I think the largest complaint with eternals was largely the existence of mirrors. Which isn't all that much better with eternals being gone. We have masters and essence crafting now.
Why you just can't stop posting in this Thread?...FFS!
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Because people (including myself) want eternal orbs back.
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Because people (including myself) want eternal orbs back.

Indeed.
They brought back the Globe Goddesses so who knows anything is possible.

Also how did they work anyway... Get 2 T1 Mods or something then use it on said Magic Item to change it back to a Normal then use Eternal Orb on new Magic Item?
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
They brought back the Globe Goddesses so who knows anything is possible.

Also how did they work anyway... Get 2 T1 Mods or something then use it on said Magic Item to change it back to a Normal then use Eternal Orb on new Magic Item?

Eternal orb on item, use currency. Don't like currency effect, use imprint to restore item to previous state.
"
"
Lachaster wrote:
The removal of eternal orbs made everything much worse. And for the people who managed to save hundreds of them, congratulations. You can now rule the market.

There are various reasons why they have been removed, and GGG did the right choice.
If you're afraid of some people having them saved, there are currently only very few eternals left on Standart.

If you're upset of the "rich" people, why don't you play temp leagues as many guys do, everybody stats at zero and no eternals drop.
Talisman starts Friday and leasts 3 Months, enough time to kick some asses.

Regards

Strange thing now nearly two years after your comment, the "some people" still craft perfect items with the help of eternal orbs and totally rules the economy in standard.
IGN: Snuffffe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info