Eternal Orbs

Great decision GGG, I am glad to see you had the guts to make a tough call that would upset the top tier of hoarders and mirror/item sellers, while at the same time making things much easier to obtain for everyone else.

I honestly doubt people will dare to use the now-legacy eternals in standard, given that it could flop and result in a huge irreplaceable loss in currency. Whatever eternals people have left, let those just be relics we carry into the next age of POE. It's not like they ever made the game better for most people to begin with.

As for temp leagues, their situation gets even better. Less worries for people trying to min-max their gear while not being the richest becomes a lot simpler and easier to accomplish (granted might have to settle for a T2 or T3 roll instead of all T4/T5). I can live with that from a game standpoint.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
avlee wrote:
Oh yes, YES! YES! My T2 items on HC leagues will be worth something once again! This! This changes EVERYTHING!

Why do you think that? With everyone supposedly naturally rolling items again, won't there be a dramatic increase in supply of second tier items (ie. that life regen roll).

All I see this doing is increasing the price of T1 items further.

I don't care what changes GGG make, but I think people are under the illusion that this will somehow shorten the gap between the rich and poor.
Last edited by UHF on Jul 5, 2015, 11:39:55 PM
-sigh-

Continuing the GGG approach of "introduce something bad, let it mess everything up, then remove it later"

Maybe if you spent more time on QA and testing instead of this rapid-fire-get-everything-out-the-door-before-it's-ready mind set...
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I said how people would use them in precisely the unintended way they were used. 2 days or so before they actually came out.

But I guess if everyone listened to Jack Bauer the show would have been called Twelve.

Out of curiosity, what was the original intended use?

It was said that long ago the original use of eternal orbs was to keep your 5L6S items imprint if you didn't 6L it. At the time they actually didn't figure people would use them for crafting 6 T1 items. This was also long before masters were introduced.

Anyways, I think this is a good thing. Eventually when eternals disappear, people will be forced to mass use exalts, which will in turn lower inflation and the price of things.

Oh and there were 6T1 items before eternals came out. They were just really rare, and almost never had all mods at 1-2% away from perfect. They were cheaper to mirror too because there wasn't near as much inflation as there is now.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, they should have made eternals only work on sockets, not mods.
Last edited by zalfargia on Jul 5, 2015, 11:42:22 PM
"
Anyways, I think this is a good thing. Eventually when eternals disappear, people will be forced to mass use exalts, which will in turn lower inflation and the price of things.

Big ol' nope.

Since mastercrafting was introduced, the only time exalts are used are the following four situations:

1) Trading
2) Elreon multimod
3) I'm bored and have too many dollah
4) Actual crafting

With eternals gone, so is "proper" crafting, which was the intended original purpose for exalts, which was in turn virtually eliminated thanks to Forsaken Masters.

Exalts are now just pure currency. Nobody will be forced into using them. Temp-league crafters alt-aug-regal-multimod-mastercraft to make items. The majority of other players find something with an open affix, and mastercraft the mod they're missing and go "good enough," and *maybe* a few will throw a yolo at exalt at it too. Maybe.

But for the overwhelming majority, since FM, exalts have already been pretty much just a form of currency for players. With eternals gone, that just reinforces the exalt's purpose as a dollar bill.

For my money, if they want to get rid of eternals, they should get rid of exalts, too, and find another orb and quantity for the multimod.

"
Aziraphale wrote:
-sigh-

Continuing the GGG approach of "introduce something bad, let it mess everything up, then remove it later"

Maybe if you spent more time on QA and testing instead of this rapid-fire-get-everything-out-the-door-before-it's-ready mind set...

I'm starting to agree with this more and more every expansion. Never thought I would.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 5, 2015, 11:53:27 PM
I was laughing like a maniac, and I dont even know why. Probably due to sleep deprivation.

Then I realized I sold the only one I ever had, the fishing dream is dead ;_;
Oblivious

Legacy dumpster leagues got more legacy, what a shocker.
Desync => solved
MASSIVE ITEM DROP SPAM => solved
Eternal orbs => solved

I'm a very happy PoE player today !
Hf :)
"
Wizardhawk wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Get out of here man, crafting in this game was ass and this is a great step towards fixing it. It isn't targeting casuals really, if they implement better crafting options. It is just making the time spent more rewarding for those that don't have all day to no life it.

How is it a great fix to require someone to yolo exalt 70000 base items in hopes of getting something good instead of using eternals/exalts to do it? The logic some of you people come out with just astounds me.

Edit: The removal of eternals isn't going to somehow fix the economy. It's going to make prices on good items skyrocket because that 1 in a million drop is now LITERALLY 1 in a million and the people with stockpiles of currency already are going to have their mirror-worthy new items but charge even more for them because nobody else can create a competitor item any more without a miracle yolo/drop.

This.
Only people who never used them,or intended to,see it as a good change for no apparent reason.
Just like when GGG announced new affixes,some people thought they could buy current T1 or close items for dirt cheap.
Good luck buying anything mirrored now. Especially new 6 T1 mirrored item,if anyone has enough eternals at stock to create them since they will require more than before.
But whoever creates a 6 T1 in 2.0 is gonna be super rich.
You should have removed mirrors.
"
Serleth wrote:
"

Big ol' nope.

Since mastercrafting was introduced, the only time exalts are used are the following four situations:

1) Trading
2) Elreon multimod
3) I'm bored and have too many dollah
4) Actual crafting

With eternals gone, so is "proper" crafting, which was the intended original purpose for exalts, which was in turn virtually eliminated thanks to Forsaken Masters.

Exalts are now just pure currency. Nobody will be forced into using them. Temp-league crafters alt-aug-regal-multimod-mastercraft to make items. The majority of other players find something with an open affix, and mastercraft the mod they're missing and go "good enough," and *maybe* a few will throw a yolo at exalt at it too. Maybe.

But for the overwhelming majority, since FM, exalts have already been pretty much just a form of currency for players. With eternals gone, that just reinforces the exalt's purpose as a dollar bill.

For my money, if they want to get rid of eternals, they should get rid of exalts, too, and find another orb and quantity for the multimod.

^ Am inclined to agree here.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info