Eternal Orbs

Horrible idea. Prices are going to rocket up, and crafting is going to become virtually pointless. Better start praying to RNGesus now...
"
Chris wrote:
We introduced Eternal Orbs in the 0.11.0 patch two years ago. Since then, the impact they've had on Path of Exile and its economy hasn't been what we initially intended.

With the release of The Awakening this weekend, Eternal Orbs will no longer drop. Ones that still exist in the permanent Standard and Hardcore leagues (and their imprints) will still work.

We feel that the ideal time for this change is now, because of the introduction of new top-tier Maraketh Weapon base types and new item mods.

At the release of the next Path of Exile expansion after The Awakening, we'll review economic data and make a decision about whether they are restored or will continue to be disabled.

Master mods that were priced in Eternal Orbs will be modified (and cheaper) in The Awakening.

LOL and i never see a eternal :S my RNG is a great s... :D
"
Callendross wrote:
Horrible idea. Prices are going to rocket up, and crafting is going to become virtually pointless. Better start praying to RNGesus now...

that's the point of this change.
Last edited by thefredz on Jul 5, 2015, 11:06:08 PM
"
Callendross wrote:

Maybe for Standard. This game isn't balanced around Standard. They balance it around the 4 month leagues. Not the landfill.
"
MullaXul wrote:
Get out of here man, crafting in this game was ass and this is a great step towards fixing it. It isn't targeting casuals really, if they implement better crafting options. It is just making the time spent more rewarding for those that don't have all day to no life it.

How is it a great fix to require someone to yolo exalt 70000 base items in hopes of getting something good instead of using eternals/exalts to do it? The logic some of you people come out with just astounds me.

Edit: The removal of eternals isn't going to somehow fix the economy. It's going to make prices on good items skyrocket because that 1 in a million drop is now LITERALLY 1 in a million and the people with stockpiles of currency already are going to have their mirror-worthy new items but charge even more for them because nobody else can create a competitor item any more without a miracle yolo/drop.
Last edited by Wizardhawk on Jul 5, 2015, 11:14:46 PM
"
Snailic wrote:
"
Callendross wrote:

Maybe for Standard. This game isn't balanced around Standard. They balance it around the 4 month leagues. Not the landfill.

And yet, eternals are 99.9% a factor only in STD/HC. And if you had the time to nolife and amass so much money to eternal ex in temp league - you earned it.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Long term, I could see this dropping the value of mirrors, as well.

If new mods keep coming out, mirrored goods will become worse and worse (rather, less good) compared to alternatives.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
who cares about standard league
good news, it will be even better if you replace existing eternals each with 3x exalted, for example.
English is not my native language, so forgive me for the mistakes pls
Excellent change, Chris. Long time coming!

A section of RMT bait removed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info