Eternal Orbs

Best possible change ever! That isa just ... I am speechless.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Anyways, I think this is a good thing. Eventually when eternals disappear, people will be forced to mass use exalts, which will in turn lower inflation and the price of things.

Big ol' nope.

Since mastercrafting was introduced, the only time exalts are used are the following four situations:

1) Trading
2) Elreon multimod
3) I'm bored and have too many dollah
4) Actual crafting

With eternals gone, so is "proper" crafting, which was the intended original purpose for exalts, which was in turn virtually eliminated thanks to Forsaken Masters.

Exalts are now just pure currency. Nobody will be forced into using them. Temp-league crafters alt-aug-regal-multimod-mastercraft to make items. The majority of other players find something with an open affix, and mastercraft the mod they're missing and go "good enough," and *maybe* a few will throw a yolo at exalt at it too. Maybe.

But for the overwhelming majority, since FM, exalts have already been pretty much just a form of currency for players. With eternals gone, that just reinforces the exalt's purpose as a dollar bill.

For my money, if they want to get rid of eternals, they should get rid of exalts, too, and find another orb and quantity for the multimod.

"
Aziraphale wrote:
-sigh-

Continuing the GGG approach of "introduce something bad, let it mess everything up, then remove it later"

Maybe if you spent more time on QA and testing instead of this rapid-fire-get-everything-out-the-door-before-it's-ready mind set...

I'm starting to agree with this more and more every expansion. Never thought I would.

They will if they want to make a 6T1 item. Mastercraft mods aren't as high as natural mods on an item. People will still want to make 6T1 items. They did exist long before eternals existed.

EDIT: Also, people simply won't want to buy mirrors/mirror items if the price gets too high. Why spend 500 ex on an item when you can buy one that's maybe 5% worse for 150.
Last edited by zalfargia on Jul 6, 2015, 12:16:10 AM
Please remove Kalandra's as well.
Mirror of Kalandra?
Last edited by ama on Jul 6, 2015, 12:24:07 AM
Far better change would have been removing mirrors.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
ama wrote:
Please romve Kalandra's as well.

please this.
It would have made a bit more sense to me if they removed mirrors. As is, we will still have some insane items floating around (hur dur standard dumpster etc just to cover off that response), but now less incentive to attempt to force RNG.

Also, I hope they have a fix in mind for storing 4/5/6 off-colours on items, even if it's completely untradeable. That and storing 5-links were useful and non-controversial benefits of eternals imo.
"
tackle70 wrote:
Far better change would have been removing mirrors.

I agree with this too. Actually remove them also, it would only upset 1% of the population anyways.
i've played Poe for almost 3 years and saw only 2 eternals drop since. the only downside to this is on standard, where a few could craft their perfect items (and mirror or sell them at prices that 80% of the players couldn't afford) so i see this affecting in 2 ways.

the builds that showcase legacy/ mirror items will just get more rare, and considering that a large portion of the community we're never able to afford such a build anyway, this is not an important issue.

magic finding will be a lot better now, since drops and mastercraft will be way more powerfull an desirable, and again, i fail to se the issue there.

if your only goal in this game is to endlessly craft and sell perfect items i'll say that you should start a carrer at wall street instead of playing videogames.

the eternals always were a high end currency reserved for a very few to control the market and prices for the items, so now, smart traders should do very well whit this change.
Much better to remove mirrors and to increase the drop of eternal, more ppl would craft and price of item would become cheaper.

Removing eternals will make ppl who are rich to be far more rich, cause they have lots of eternal and they will probaly craft gg item on new pacht. nice ggg, ill never experience crafting things. exalted will be like dollar much more now. no one will yolo some ex on an item cause, what are the chance of something good happen? u know the answer
Last edited by Thiagon856 on Jul 6, 2015, 12:26:47 AM
"
VilfanGasper wrote:
Best possible change ever! That isa just ... I am speechless.

Can you explain why you think that if you like?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info