What if the notion of "legacy" didn't exist for standard leagues?

"
trav_dawg wrote:
"

Gotta tell you, I don't think you're arguing with me, but what you think I said.

I'm saying GGG doesn't cater to us "standard players" because they feel obligated to, they cater to us because they like us :) That's what my post was trying to convey, and I DID read your entire post before responding.

They cater to you because they need the playerbase, just like any other company that provdes a service. No special snowflakes here :)

Problem I see is that all this legacy crap isnt really benefiting the playerbase but rather punishes them.
Being relatively new to poe, I hate the fact that there are legacy items. It feels like I'm being penalized for not playing the game earlier. For example, legacy kaoms is a great item and I would like to use it in a build, but I'll never be able to afford 200 ex for one item. Also, legacy iiq items are insanely expensive which makes it harder creating a legit mf character. Legacy soul taker, facebreaker and double legacy bor are good examples as well.

In order to get these items, I have to way overpay their original price due to the fact of being legacy. Now with the next patch, it looks like I won't be able to use a build with mjolner or windripper as well.

As of now, I have only played standard but I will be participating in the next league.
"
jconaspree wrote:
Being relatively new to poe, I hate the fact that there are legacy items. It feels like I'm being penalized for not playing the game earlier. For example, legacy kaoms is a great item and I would like to use it in a build, but I'll never be able to afford 200 ex for one item. Also, legacy iiq items are insanely expensive which makes it harder creating a legit mf character. Legacy soul taker, facebreaker and double legacy bor are good examples as well.

In order to get these items, I have to way overpay their original price due to the fact of being legacy. Now with the next patch, it looks like I won't be able to use a build with mjolner or windripper as well.

As of now, I have only played standard but I will be participating in the next league.

I never understood the "They're too expensive so they shouldn't be there" argument. They're not available to you either way.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
jconaspree wrote:

I never understood the "They're too expensive so they shouldn't be there" argument. They're not available to you either way.

That's not even close to what I was saying. Did you even read my post?

The items mentioned wouldn't be that expensive if they weren't legacy, so I COULD afford them.
Last edited by jconaspree on Jun 25, 2015, 2:50:24 PM
"
jconaspree wrote:

So how does playing the next league get you closer to Legacy items?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
jconaspree wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
jconaspree wrote:

That's not even close to what I was saying. Did you even read my post?

The items mentioned wouldn't be that expensive if they weren't legacy, so I COULD afford them.

just use the non-legacy versions that are probably cheaper than the legacy version was before it was legacy?

it isnt a punishment to you, it is a boon to the player that was here, a boon that, like you said, doesnt really affect you whether it was there or not.
Hey...is this thing on?
"
jconaspree wrote:

The correct answer to enjoy yourself is :

"Look at me, i beat this shit even without legacy gear, suppa fly!"

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jun 25, 2015, 3:17:37 PM

just use the non-legacy versions that are probably cheaper than the legacy version was before it was legacy?

it isnt a punishment to you, it is a boon to the player that was here, a boon that, like you said, doesnt really affect you whether it was there or not.[/quote]

Non legacy kaoms is average at best, bor is terrible, soul taker can only be used as offhand for skills that don't factor in off hand damage, 600-800 face breakers is weak.

I definitely feels it's punishment. The players that acquired legacy items didn't do anything special to receive them. It's not like they won a race reward. They simply happened to have the item when it went legacy. It's punishment because I have to spend an absurd amount of money to get the better version of the same item. If there was another way to get the item, as in drop, there wouldn't be a problem
I tried running all of these numbers with my Texas Instruments calculator from senior high. Didn't go well.
"
jconaspree wrote:

Non legacy kaoms is average at best, bor is terrible, soul taker can only be used as offhand for skills that don't factor in off hand damage, 600-800 face breakers is weak.

I definitely feels it's punishment. The players that acquired legacy items didn't do anything special to receive them. It's not like they won a race reward. They simply happened to have the item when it went legacy. It's punishment because I have to spend an absurd amount of money to get the better version of the same item. If there was another way to get the item, as in drop, there wouldn't be a problem

Hey there friend , i have a 52k dps builds (63k or something with flasks) frenzy build without any legacies (cept headhunter , which is actually a dps downgrade) and a non-legacy soultaker , after the beta hits it will have a lot more damage aswell , aint that enough damage for you or do you need to break 100k to be satisfied ?

Sorry if that sounds aggressive , but i don't see a 300ish dps mainhand to be that weak . And one of the fun things for me is collecting items which will go legacy or will be hard to find in hc in the templeagues, makes playing the permanent leagues more fun between templeagues =).

Also if you want to make some currency to buy legacy's, play hc templeague , get the uniques which are cheap there ( and items specific to the hc temp leagues) and rip them to standard.
Last edited by khemintiri on Jun 26, 2015, 12:26:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info