What if the notion of "legacy" didn't exist for standard leagues?

"
Malone wrote:
best items are mirrored gear that cost a loooot more than legacy uniques. If legacy uniques were bound to owner, I would say that you are right, but you can buy them, so what's the point ?

I am ok that min-maxing could be a goal in Std, but getting legacy uniques is by far the cheaper to reach this objectiv...

I'm ok with mirrored gear. They are technically obtainable through crafting or drops. People spent a lot of time and money crafting these items. Legacy gear is unobtainable through the game which is the problem. Only way to get them is to fork out obsurd amounts of exalts.
"
jconaspree wrote:

I'm ok with mirrored gear. They are technically obtainable through crafting or drops.

Lol, definately no. Seriously....
You will never drop any rare that is mirror worthy and you will never be able to craft one, or if this is the case, you won't give a fuck to buy a legacy Kaom or whatever, that's nothing compared to craft cost.

Getting mirrored gear is harder and requires more investement than getting legacy gear...
Legacy Kaom is around 140 ex, a mirror is more than 200 exa...
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 26, 2015, 8:45:43 AM
"
Malone wrote:
"
jconaspree wrote:

I'm ok with mirrored gear. They are technically obtainable through crafting or drops.

You will never drop any rare that is mirror worthy and you will never be able to craft one, or if this is the case, you won't give a fuck to buy a legacy Kaom or whatever, that's nothing compared to craft cost.

Getting mirrored gear is harder and requires more investement than getting legacy gear...

1 of the problems is rmt, who actually buys legacy Kaoms with exalts? no one, they rmt them.

Another problem is that GGG doesn't compensate nerfes good enough with increased drop rate of certain items that went legacy. Kaoms is perfect example, it was nerfed to the ground but drop rate is still stupidly low and that makes no sense what so ever to me.

There are more problems (top are just 2) concerning legacy (especially top tire) uniques, that is why there are ppl who dislike them.
"
Malone wrote:
"
jconaspree wrote:

You don't get my point. Also legacy kaoms is 200 ex not 140.
The ideal poe player for the devs was probably close to someone like Kripp But players like those just burn out and quit after some time while a casual standard will play for a longer time.
Forum pvp
"
Kingoko wrote:

And explain me why you are so upset on their prices or value and you are not upset of mirror price and mirrored gear? They are much more expensive

Because certain unique is a must have for certain build (i.e legacy BoR,facebreaker etc..), so when said item got nerfed and no longer have their old stats it may break certain build that peoples planned to build someday/or in progress and if they want to obtain unique item with legacy stats they have to pay hefty prices for it.

As for mirrored gear, they more like luxury than necessity. Any build can still work even without owning mirrored gear, at most you have less dps,lfe/es or res etc...

This game unlike D2 or D3 rely on unique items too heavily to enable certain builds, in D2/3 your skilltree define your build, you could beat endgame wearing only rares item while in PoE your build most likely broken/not work without certain necessity unique item for your build.
In short, when you crash someones dream expect them to enrage.
no way that BoR nerf break any build, neither Facebreaker anyway.

To take the example of legacy Kaom, one of the highest expensiv legacy in the game so far, price could be 200 exa, that would be still cheaper than any mirrored gear. And the nerf didnt break any build at all.

Basically the 2 arguments ( minmaxing and unique build enabler ) are not valid. So it does only remain jealousy and envy. As I suspected it's all about that.

Mirrored gear are luxury ? Sure, like legacy gear. None of them are mandatory to faceroll the game content.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 26, 2015, 10:20:55 AM
"
Malone wrote:

To take the example of legacy Kaom, one of the highest expensiv legacy in the game so far, price could be 200 exa, that would be still cheaper than any mirrored gear. And the nerf didnt break any build at all.

Basically the 2 arguments ( minmaxing and unique build enabler ) are not valid. So it does only remain jealousy and envy. As I suspected it's all about that.

Mirrored gear are luxury ? Sure, like legacy gear. None of them are mandatory to faceroll the game content.

Legacy legacy BoR wanst buildenabling? OOOOkkkeeeyyyy.....

That invalidates everything else you can ever write.
"
Zhatan wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

Legacy legacy BoR wanst buildenabling? OOOOkkkeeeyyyy.....

That invalidates everything else you can ever write.

Exactly. The difference between double legacy bor and regular bor is definitely build breaking.
"

you will still notice a much weaker build without those legacy

"

Kaom didnt have any special stats on them, it only give you a huge life boost, not build enabler in my book

"

jealousy and envy are one of humans nature, i do agree with you that some peoples were angry about legacy for that reason

"

the big difference is mirrored gear doesnt have "special stats" on them that could be categorized as build enabler, they just have more basic stats like any other rare item

PS: to clarify im not against or supporting legacy unique, i just try to view from POV of some peoples who oppose to this legacy stuff, basicly just try to understand them (meh...i dont really care about standart anyway, i just go there to waste time or trying out builds)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info