The forums aren't fun anymore

"
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
The moderation team is 1/2 of the reason for the recent decline in the game

Since moderation has nothing to do with the game, that's a very interesting statement.

Community is a big part of any online game...

Having recognizable posters being put on probation for no apparent reason every few days such as BMBI, Xav, and I_NO leaves the forum a bleak and unfun place. For people interested in the community aspect of this game the current gestapoesque moderation is indeed damaging.

This thread is a case in point. The last big thread that had many dev responses was Rory's announcement for his plans to ruin EB. That thread reached over 90 pages. During a similar time frame this thread hasn't even reached 40.

That many people have left the game or at the very least left the forum due to GGG's current string of bad decisions.

The forum is NOT the game. Only a small percentage of PoE players even read these posts. Again, moderation has nothing to do with the game.

As for the forums, they're a much better place with most of the people on probation being on probation.
"
"
LennyLen wrote:

The forum is NOT the game. Only a small percentage of PoE players even read these posts. Again, moderation has nothing to do with the game.

As for the forums, they're a much better place with most of the people on probation being on probation.

Says you!!

Also, the mods are responsible for acting on in-game chat as well, so yes, they DO affect the game if you are socially involved with other players/community members as well.

Fuck society. Fuck the community. Fuck the mods. Fuck the game! FUCK EVERYBODY!

I actually think a nice orgy would really calm everyone's nerves. What do you think?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
"
"
LennyLen wrote:

Says you!!

Also, the mods are responsible for acting on in-game chat as well, so yes, they DO affect the game if you are socially involved with other players/community members as well.

Fuck society. Fuck the community. Fuck the mods. Fuck the game! FUCK EVERYBODY!

I actually think a nice orgy would really calm everyone's nerves. What do you think?

Will said orgy include trading or only self found? :)
"
"
LennyLen wrote:

Says you!!

Yeah. Let's mix things together, shall we? ;)

It's about forum guidelines and their enforcement. Nothing more, nothing less.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Jun 7, 2015, 7:40:48 PM
"
Jojas wrote:

Sure. The fact that GGG could afford for employees to work on the lock step mode, or on pet projects like the renaming of monsters, the fact that they moved to a new, bigger office, that they are expanding and hiring new people, that they invested in more servers, that the money they raked in for the new "access to beta" supporter packs was a record high, all clear signs that the game is dying.

I dont care who you are this is funny shit! I actually LOL when i read this and get to the end!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Says you!!

Yes, says me. We're all just stating our personal opinions here.

"

Ans so long as you're not doing anything stupid, there will be no impact. Thousands (at least) of people play this game every day, both solo and socially, without being affected by the moderation. If a small group of people keep finding that they're being affected by it, then they should be looking at changing their own behaviour, not that of the moderation team.
Minor update regarding wraeclast.net for anyone who is waiting: I had everything ready for the weekend but have been unable to access the ftp as my hosting provider (fatcow, never ever use them, for anything, ever) blocked my IP address and when I got a new one it blocked that too. They've been saying they'll unblock it since Saturday.....
"
Hilbert wrote:
Unlike the Razer Footprints the people here stay on topic.

Imo the game is dying because there isn't any major change in this game.
The CB->OB changes made the game totally uninteresting to me.

It fails on the same levels the generic MMOPRG fails and even better it feels boring because of the same reasons D3 feels boring after 1 week or so.

The forums became boring before the rulechanges anyway.
This has nothing to do with new forum rules. It's the core mechanics of the game.

The "no hate rule" did nothing to posting behaviour.

What do people expect? Desync is gone and the game is totally revived.

People who still play don't care about desync anymore.

Brainless monotone unrewarding grinding and trading kills the game. But yeah there is a SFL thread and once they change their opinion the game will be on life support.

Yes, game is boring and dying cuz trade. I mean, because this totally makes sense. Brainless monotone unrewarding grinding and trading kills the game, but Brainless monotone unrewarding grinding does not. k. D-; I mean, come on, sticking your SF finger here? This is about forums, not SF. : /

Also, a quick reminder here. You are saying that D3 feels boring after a week - D3 is SF. Connect the dots. :D

"
Nubatron wrote:
"

Will said orgy include trading or only self found? :)

Self found orgy... ok. :D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
You realize a SFL needs adjusted droprates ;)
"
Hilbert wrote:
You realize a SFL needs adjusted droprates ;)

You realize that should never happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info