The forums aren't fun anymore

This is what happens when companies continue to give into the new Politically Correct Social Justice Warrior crowd. Soon they will start to censor and destroy the game just wait. SJWs are never satisfied.
"
TaKtiCz wrote:
This is what happens when companies continue to give into the new Politically Correct Social Justice Warrior crowd. Soon they will start to censor and destroy the game just wait. SJWs are never satisfied.

yeah its a sad world we live in these days
I dont see any any key!
"
TaKtiCz wrote:

Using different nomenclature to basically say "acting civil" doesn't make acting like a child justified. This is a place to come and discuss Path of Exile; not find the digital version of your cat that you want to kick after work or take out your real life aggression on virtual strangers.

There is an art to expressing your point (which might be offensive) in a non-offensive manner. Expressing your point should be the main theme; doing so in a manner which respects others is an asset that adults should strive for.

This is a community; the sum of its parts is what creates the atmosphere. A few weeks ago, the sum of the parts was quite putrid. If the goal of this forum is to discuss the game, can anyone blame them? Anyone?
Blaming SJWs is a cop-out. At worst, SJWs are relentlessly annoying and disruptive... but they don't own the forums they are attempting to influence. It is the ultimately the developer's and/or forum owners' decision to decide content and policy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 25, 2015, 4:09:51 PM
ZiggyD doesn't stream anymore ?
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Blaming SJWs is a cop-out. At worst, SJWs are relentlessly annoying and disruptive... but they don't own the forums they are attempting to influence. It is the ultimately the developer's and/or forum owners' decision to decide content and policy.

They don't own the forums, no. They own the media. Polygon, kotaku, etc. The deal is you censor your game/forums for media coverage. It is right in line with what is happening to reddit right now. Reddit is run by SJWs. Reddit is claiming that they were never dedicated to free speech and that they are dedicated to providing a "safe space". What is a "safe space"? A place where no one is criticized for their terrible ideologies as long as they fall in line with the status quo. A hugbox. Basically you tow the line or you get DESTROYED by the liberal media. This is not a good sign. Every internet forum is heading in this direction besides certain chan boards.
"
xtothez wrote:
ZiggyD doesn't stream anymore ?

Oh ziggy is still streaming

hes the man
I dont see any any key!
It would be nice if we could have a voluntary time-out... or at least a breath-alizer option.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It would be nice if we could have a voluntary time-out... or at least a breath-alizer option.

if there was a breath-alizer i would never be allowed to post lol
I dont see any any key!
It's a little troubling that this thread is still sitting at or near the top of GD after almost a week, but is only 19 pages long.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info