Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Is it happening again? Tin foil hat time!

"
If items are gone, they're gone. It's a beta. Stuff happens.

This was on the live server, not the beta.

Edit: Not sure how wealthy you are that you wouldn't care about losing 10ex, a 6L Shavronnes, Windripper or a pair of Acuities (I know I would!).
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on May 11, 2015, 5:41:59 PM
"
"
If items are gone, they're gone. It's a beta. Stuff happens.

This was on the live server, not the beta.

Ooops! In that case, I had 500 Mirrors of Kalandra.
"
"
Chris wrote:
If I say that we're not going to restore items, people will be angry.
If I say that we're going to restore items and are then unable to, people will be angry.

I want to find out more information about whether/how this is possible before committing to anything.

Fine, at least we got a legitimate response.

I will postpone my anger, for now. However, my previous statements still apply even if you are prevented from restoring items due to a purely technical issue. This is big. This is gigantic. Rather than PoE 2.0, if technical issues prevent the restoring of lost items that are lost due to your team's own fault, you should literally throw out the entire beta and get everyone to work on a better system for tracking items, so that this never ever ever ever ever ever ever happens in the future.

[Removed by Support]

How do you literally throw out a beta? Do you even know what literally means lol

Your items/characters belong to GGG anyway. They could just delete your shit if they wanted to. Stop being entitled and get over it.
"
Jaille wrote:
"
This is big. This is gigantic. Rather than PoE 2.0, if technical issues prevent the restoring of lost items that are lost due to your team's own fault, you should literally throw out the entire beta and get everyone to work on a better system for tracking items, so that this never ever ever ever ever ever ever happens in the future.

Your items/characters belong to GGG anyway. They could just delete your shit if they wanted to.

Don't think he's entitled. Just upset :)

I do (sort of) agree with him though. Yes, GGG could technically delete all our items, well within their rights. However, should they? Of course not!

Likewise bugs like this can always happen in a game that undergoes constant change. So while Hikaru may not have the best way of (politely) expressing his distress, I tend to agree that GGG should have some sort of system in place that allows partial roll-backs for certain situations (such as this one). Again how this could be implemented without being abusable I don't know.

Should it have priority over the beta? In my opinion (and from a business perspective from GGGs point of view) not. Releasing 2.0 will bring in a large influx of players and money. What they do after the release however is a whole different matter...

"
Jaille wrote:
Stop being entitled and get over it.

However, comments like this don't really help and give this community a bad name.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Last edited by qwertz on May 11, 2015, 5:53:42 PM
Bit of advice for Chris... stop worrying about us being angry. It hasn't anything to do with you. Be honest and open, and when people get angry you smile and nod and say "there... there... It will all be okay".

If you don't act because you're afraid that someone on the internet might be angered by your action, you'll never act.
If there is anger, then maybe because more of the fact that information was scarce. Logging in without knowing is way worse than logging in and just gambling ...

Losing items is bad (even some tryhards on this forum act like they wouldn't care). Especially in a game that is all about items. And getting them is highly time-consuming. And if you have a no-bullshit policy about restoring items, stuff like this must be communicated better imho.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Just to make it known - I bought a bundle of 6 premium stash tabs and two of my previous stash stabs disappeared completely. Not as big of deal as atzari's acuity or windripper's disappearing.

Edit: didn't see Chris's comment, at least we all know that everyone over at GGG is trying to figure everything out. Once again, best customer service!
Last edited by OverTheWideRollingEarth on May 12, 2015, 1:03:20 AM
Official statement: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1268744

Tl:dr

"
Chris wrote:
Last night we deployed a server hotfix that resolved a bug that was causing some items to be deleted and a few other items to be modified in strange ways.

"
Chris wrote:
We are unable to restore items lost in this way.

"
Chris wrote:
Players who lost microtransactions should contact support@grindinggear.com so that they can determine if any are missing and replace them.

Leaves me a little bit disappointed. Especially because the bug has been known since more than a week (reports exist since a month). And GGG has said nothing.

Sorry for the guys that have lost (valuable) items!
Last edited by qwertz on May 12, 2015, 1:49:42 AM
Sure, it might be hard or almost impossible to restore the items, but didn't most of those bugs occur because of an MTX?

People supported your game and they get punished for it?

Not restoring the items will piss a lot of people off (a lot more than the few that actually lost stuff). I'm not gonna support this game any time soon if such incidents are handled so poorly.

EDIT: This sounded more angry than it was supposed to. If you're still trying to find a way to fix this, good luck.
Last edited by TheStalker on May 12, 2015, 2:25:20 AM
"
TheStalker wrote:

Not restoring the items will piss a lot of people off (a lot more than the few that actually lost stuff). I'm not gonna support this game any time soon if such incidents are handled so poorly.

EDIT: This sounded more angry than it was supposed to. If you're still trying to find a way to fix this, good luck.

Didn't sound angry if you ask me. The incident has been handle poorly. No information for a month (which I think is the worst bit) and no fix for affected people. Don't think I'll be upgrading my pack any time soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info