Is it happening again? Tin foil hat time!

I don't envy Chris's position on this issue. But I also feel really bad for the people who lost valuable items.

This bug happened to me personally twice. I lost a ring and had to buy a new one for 7 ex and a few days later I lost a bunch of stacks of low currency (alts, jewelers, chroms, less than 1 stack of fusings) as well as a 20% quality lvl 5 fire penetration gem.

I can live with the loss. I can say yeah it sucks I lost that stuff, but at least my legacies, 6 links, and high currency were left untouched.

But what about the people who were ruined? The person who lost stacks of exalts? The person whose legacy shavs got bricked? The person who lost their windripper?

I would be infuriated if I lost something like that. At the time I was really pissed at my own losses, but in the grand scheme of things I got off easy.

I hope GGG figures how to restore the items lost. Even if it takes 100s of man hours, even if it delays act 4.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
...This bug happened to me personally twice. I lost a ring and had to buy a new one for 7 ex and a few days later I lost a bunch of stacks of low currency (alts, jewelers, chroms, less than 1 stack of fusings) as well as a 20% quality lvl 5 fire penetration gem...

Did you lose items from your stash?
I only checked my equipped items. I have to try and look now.
"

I hope GGG figures how to restore the items lost. Even if it takes 100s of man hours, even if it delays act 4.

I'm not sure if it should delay act 4. GGG probably relies on the influx of money with the release. However, after that? Yes absolutely.

Just copying in what I wrote in the announcement thread.

"
Chris wrote:
We are extremely sorry that this problem occurred. It is unacceptable for players to lose items on the live servers and we deeply regret not being able to resolve it to everyone's satisfaction.

Have steps been taken (or are going to be taken) to be able to adress this issue should a similar thing happen in the future? I sure hope so...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
RootCookie wrote:
"
...This bug happened to me personally twice. I lost a ring and had to buy a new one for 7 ex and a few days later I lost a bunch of stacks of low currency (alts, jewelers, chroms, less than 1 stack of fusings) as well as a 20% quality lvl 5 fire penetration gem...

Did you lose items from your stash?
I only checked my equipped items. I have to try and look now.

Yes I did. In my first stash tab. It was confirmed by GGG via an email.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
This must've felt like a kick in the balls...

Good guy rrtson.

Edit - note the date...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on May 12, 2015, 6:13:58 AM
GGG pls gibb back my money from my bank account, after i ran path of exile my money desynced out of my account and instead 10 bilion euro i have 10 euro.
There's something happening here.
What it is ain't exactly clear.
There's a man with no pants over there
Telling me I've got to beware...
From what I understood, some items lost important mods. That means, that someone might have Kaom's Heart with sockets, or perhaps goddess scorned that only uses 1 slot? Correct me, if I am wrong.
"
1Teratus1 wrote:
From what I understood, some items lost important mods. That means, that someone might have Kaom's Heart with sockets, or perhaps goddess scorned that only uses 1 slot? Correct me, if I am wrong.

It depends on how those mods are implemented. It is possible that something like this could have occurred, but since both of those mods are common to ALL uniques of that type, it probably is stored as such and not as a mod on each specific item. In that case, no, it would not have happened.
"
1Teratus1 wrote:

Not exactly. From what we were able to see, every time items were bugged, they got actually nerfed, in one, or another way, or just radically disappeared.
Obviously to fit the game's basic mindset.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on May 12, 2015, 10:01:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info