Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Rory wrote:
This change involves reducing the base mana reservation on reservation skills, changing the Reduced Mana gem to only apply to costs but with a much greater reduction(...)

I have written about same changes long time ago. I don't now if i came first with this idea, but i don't care. Great thanks for implementing of this changes into the game.
Last edited by SevenKnives on May 11, 2015, 10:13:24 AM
So rather then cheap and common reduced mana now you will need expensive and uber slow to level enlighten? getting normal gems to lv 20 already takes forever , can't imagine ever getting enlighten to max lv. It will make whole slew of builds not avaible to commoners just like shavs&family.

If you want to remove reduced mana effect on mana reserved do so, but find another use for enlighten and balance reserve costs around not having such gem.
Last edited by Stt3r0 on May 11, 2015, 10:21:14 AM
Dunno what GGG is trying.

I totally dont understand what they are doing, they basicaly changed NOTHING, except for everyone to refarm and relevel new gem to do exactly the same as reduced mana did before.

Auras, curses and other things in this game are mandatory, every build must have them. I understand this problem really well, you want some choices to be made by players, right?

Make it like that then:
1)Make every aura reserve 25% Max mana.
2)You can have only 1 aura on you (not talking about heralds), if you want more, go to passive tree, jeweles or uniques.
3)You CANT cast curses when you have active aura.

Here you go, simple solution to all your problems. Mana reservation is alright, you can have multiple auras only if you spec around it. You need to choose, either you go for auras (affect your party) or go for curses (affect enemies).

Heralds should be limited to 1 per character aswell. So you can have 1 aura +1 herald or 1 curse +1 herald.
You can also make some drawback when using heralds like unable to cast warcries.

Just do something funny, and make people think about making choices instead of "ok i take as much i can from this, then from this and then this". Current specs are no brainers, people just pick everything they can and they arent required to spec around anything to use it well.
Last edited by herflik on May 11, 2015, 11:08:32 AM
So now Enlighten is a mandatory gem for auras instead of Reduced Mana, absolutely genius.
I think the whole point of the change here is that they are making aura's balanced around no reduced mana.

Enlighten won't be a requirement for the majority of builds, but might be used for a few niche builds that want to fit in an extra aura. But the point of making a rare and difficult to level gem the new RM is that they can now balance aura's as if there was no gem to reduce mana costs. Which means builds using the englight will probably be stronger then the builds they are replacing.
Last edited by smsmith2010 on May 11, 2015, 11:54:25 AM
Healty mind jewells near CI, and u reserve 1 life per aura, plus immune to chaos damage, plus no need to reduce mana or aura nodes?
IGN: Ariannahh
Alf's True summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1322360/page/1
Alf's Only SRS: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1454368
Hideout: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1428672
Looks like new patch will be my last in this game. So much shitty changes. No cwdt with devourers and now you will run with 1 aura until you level up enlighten to max level in about 2-3 months (depends how often you play) LOL. One mandatory gem replaced with another mandatory gem. Great change. You have more ideas? Why change aura system now?
You guys realize that you don't *have* to use Enlighten, right? I don't see how it's mandatory.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
"
smsmith2010 wrote:
I think the whole point of the change here is that they are making aura's balanced around no reduced mana.

Enlighten won't be a requirement for the majority of builds, but might be used for a few niche builds that want to fit in an extra aura. But the point of making a rare and difficult to level gem the new RM is that they can now balance aura's as if there was no gem to reduce mana costs. Which means builds using the englight will probably be stronger then the builds they are replacing.

No, no and no!!! They said, an actual dev...that they have NO intentions of adjusting them so they function like they did before, like when when had the reduce mana gem...we will NEVER be able to run what we could before when this release...not unless you can afford the gem pre-currupted, or level one from scratch and pray for a good corruption, even buying them level 1 will be expensive, the price is going to sky rocket!...it's an aura sabotage, go watch state of exile...search ZiggyD on youtube, should be in the first row of videos!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2015, 1:03:30 PM
"
Commoble wrote:
You guys realize that you don't *have* to use Enlighten, right? I don't see how it's mandatory.

Because they have no intentions of adjusting them to where we had what we had before, you have to get the expensive enlighten gem, and get a corruption to achieve what a reduce mana gave! As it stands now, without the gem...the aura's are supported by a level 8 reduced mana, it's not likely to get better than that either...it's aura sabotage, putting pressure on aura usage...the gem is mandatory because who will not go after it, if I place a gold coin in a tree...and tell you it's optional, would you just ignore the gold coin?!

So same as before, just different gem...at a much greater cost, those that can't afford it are SOL...so in a way I guess you could consider it not mandatory, but not by player choice...by GGG's actions!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2015, 1:00:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info