Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
smartybarty wrote:
No offence (really!) but if you play POE like that you're doing it wrong ^_^
Have made 100's of characters since closed beta and have yet be be bored.
Been bored with WoW since cataclysm, and panda's? really? fucking panda's...

WoW is really cool just for 1 month after new expansion releases after you've finished all raids there's nothing to do.
well to be honest I've spend weeks getting my fishing up on all my alts, that was...real stupid and pointless but at the time it was the only sensible thing left to do with 6 months left before new expansion. Been playing POE with a smile on my face since the day i first played it.

POE not a game for everyone? very true.
POE accused of being the same farm game as WoW? hilarious...

Please tell me what is so different?!!!

POE

1) Theorycraft
2) Make char
3) Level to maps
4) Grind maps to get gear, play until bored with char!
5) Repeat step 1 and 2

Wow

1) Create char
2) Level to dungeons
3) Do heroic dungeons
4) Do raids
5) If interested do arena's and battleground's
6) Repeat step 1 or stick with char

SO PLEASE...enlighten me, what separates the 2?! lmao, and nobody said it was the "same" farming game...but they both are farming games...obvious they are not the same, one is an mmo one is an arpg...but common, very similar at it's core!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2015, 5:24:17 AM
I feel like this is a very good idea/choice; even though I'd look up for, either a decrease on the 60% auras reservation far further than 50% or new/improved mana reservation nodes.

Bring back Mana nodes :)
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
smartybarty wrote:

WoW is really cool just for 1 month after new expansion releases after you've finished all raids there's nothing to do.
well to be honest I've spend weeks getting my fishing up on all my alts, that was...real stupid and pointless but at the time it was the only sensible thing left to do with 6 months left before new expansion. Been playing POE with a smile on my face since the day i first played it.

POE

1) Theorycraft
2) Make char
3) Level to maps
5) Repeat step 1 and 2

Wow

1) Create char
2) Level to dungeons
3) Do heroic dungeons
4) Do raids

SO PLEASE...enlighten me, what separates the 2?! lmao, and nobody said it was the "same" farming game...but they both are farming games...obvious they are not the same, one is an mmo one is an arpg...but common, very similar at it's core!

Skill
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
"
jahcinto wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
smartybarty wrote:

POE

1) Theorycraft
2) Make char
3) Level to maps
5) Repeat step 1 and 2

Wow

1) Create char
2) Level to dungeons
3) Do heroic dungeons
4) Do raids

Skill

Skill?! Like POE could ever make something as challenging as a WoW heroic raid, or normal raid for that mater! WoW beats it skill wise for PVP as well!...defiantly not skill!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2015, 6:12:36 AM
1 generous bitch to support a whole group with prolly 10 auras, nice. Who will go lv 100 in less than 3 days first ?
Having reduced mana has been manadory for most builds for a while now. Glad to see GGG are finally removing it as a required gem.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Sorry, but that changes are complete nonsense.

You build up pressure for the avereage player by replacing a quite accessable gem by a "only for the rich" gem.

You build up slot pressure for everyone (and especially for the average player again), because the reduced mana gem needs 1! slot and set a lot of mana free. Now you should instead spend for evry! expensive skill this 1 slot on your gear - - so for your main attack especially ??? You have in mind, that I should reserve one of thus rare & precious 5 (or if lucky: 6) linked slots for my main attack to a reduced mana gem ???... sorry, but wth ?
so......the solution for auras is replacing a cheap acessible gem for a much more expanssive and time consumming gem?????........this is the dumbiest thing i ever read actually i dont even think auras needs a fix.........if u want to free a socket, just make RM not work with auras and reduce mana reserved to the same amount it would have with the gem.......
GGG droped the ball on this one ....
imma da
"
LanPirot wrote:

Sorry, but that changes are complete nonsense.

You build up pressure for the avereage player by replacing a quite accessable gem by a "only for the rich" gem.

There will be other possibilities to obtain necessary DPS and defense, not only from auras. It is good, imo, that GGG prevents having 4-5 auras being mandatory from now.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info