Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

as a casual player, this change looks like a good move. I'm hoping it makes more auras available to the average joe without trading or a large time investment yet it leaves the highest tier builds to people with time on their hands like streamers. Seems fair.

I'll admit I don't care much about high tier play as I never get there but it seems to me that the highest tier game-play should require a serious time investment. Switching to Enlighten to max out auras - from the responses in this thread (first few pages at least) - seems to achieve that.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
I've been using auras for a diversity of builds and I never had too much of a problem leveling RM. It didn't matter if I was creating a int-based build or dex or whatever - so I don't see the problem of getting the str needed for RM.

What you guys are doing with transition to "Enlighten" is to completely crush aura-intensive builds, imo. Summoners have gotten buffed with jewels a bit, yet you nerf it by passively killing their minions (purities etc.) (unless I'm wrong about that).

I've taken a look into the beta and gotten my cycloner to 70+, using only HoT and Hatred and it's hard to keep the mana up to be efficient in clearing, as it is 85% based upon Strength.

I like the change to mana reservation but in my opinion you should just get completely rid of mandatory gems for further mana reduction. Or maybe transition "Reduced Mana" from str requirement to int (never made sense for me anyway).

Nevertheless I'll take a deeper look into Auras, reduction etc, maybe something comes up while I'm at it
I don't understand the logic behind this change. People are calling and hoping for improvements of mana consumption of some gems for ages. Elememental hit is great example. And this is the result?
Drop a slot to be able to use a skill instead of some dmg gem... Meh

The time you have to spent to get any currnet drop only gem to lvl 3 is huge. Even with 20% quality casual player at the end of the league is happy when the gem is at lvl 3.

I would understand if there would be new drop only gem with the same leveling progression as current drop only gems designed for reduced mana. But if you will not need RM to be able to maintin your current auras/heralds what's the point of this change.

I have Enlighten almost lvl 3 and I am looking forward to use it for leveling gems so I really have to finish it before Act4 and enjoy it as much as I can. Any new gem - replacement for this functionality?

This is simply redesign which will make a lot of people who leveled Enhance for it's unique functionality really mad. It looks like waste of time and currency at the moment.
"
Rory wrote:

These are the intended results of the change:
As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels.
Enlighten becomes a much more desirable support. It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation, without the support being so impactful that every build that uses auras feels that it's absolutely necessary.

What did i get wrong?

The change was reasoned by need to FREE a socket.

We have nobrainer reservation for Reduced Mana gem if you run auras now. Everyone can get it.

We will have nobrainer reservation for Enlighten gem if you run auras in the future. Only rich could get it.

How this change is FREEING a socket? It only makes running same amount of auras, as it on live servers now, cost way, WAY more.
Trying to keep an open mind. I keep seeing changes that make players weaker. I'm aware that many players have op builds. Personally, I don't have the currency to fund them. I stick to the "budget" build lists. The game is not too easy for me. Far from it. I think most people are in the same boat there.

New Enlighten=Old RM is a bad idea. I'll never be able to afford one. I imagine this is true for most players.

Reduced Mana not reducing mana reservation does trash the gem. Increasing mana costs to the point we need it for some active skill gems is not a fun change. Nobody wants to run that gem on their attacks.

Less auras per player is less fun also. Having several buffs makes us feel powerful.

Yeah, the elite have too-high clear speeds. But that doesn't affect the majority.

I'm sure you're aware that the most common reason people leave other mmo's(WoW) is because their character changes too much when new expansions are released. I do believe you guys should be careful about nerfing and changing things that effect every player.

As with a couple other suggested changes, I hope this is reconsidered. Thanks for reading.
"
Giselah wrote:
Trying to keep an open mind. I keep seeing changes that make players weaker. I'm aware that many players have op builds. Personally, I don't have the currency to fund them. I stick to the "budget" build lists. The game is not too easy for me. Far from it. I think most people are in the same boat there.

New Enlighten=Old RM is a bad idea. I'll never be able to afford one. I imagine this is true for most players.

Reduced Mana not reducing mana reservation does trash the gem. Increasing mana costs to the point we need it for some active skill gems is not a fun change. Nobody wants to run that gem on their attacks.

Less auras per player is less fun also. Having several buffs makes us feel powerful.

Yeah, the elite have too-high clear speeds. But that doesn't affect the majority.

I'm sure you're aware that the most common reason people leave other mmo's(WoW) is because their character changes too much when new expansions are released. I do believe you guys should be careful about nerfing and changing things that effect every player.

As with a couple other suggested changes, I hope this is reconsidered. Thanks for reading.

I agreed with you up until WoW, then I disagree with you 100%...there is a reason it has held on to millions and millions of peoples over the ages...I have NEVER been afraid to read their patch notes, not once...and when they make large changes it really is for the better, and they do it in such a shuttle way it's almost perfection....like when they changed paladins from using spell power, they became SOOO much better!

This game is in NO way shuttle with the balance, if you can even call it that! Every single patch it's nerf this, nerf that, nerf this, nerf nerf nerf! Not very often do you ever seen anything get improved! And when you do they usually nerf something that is quite often used along with it...and when they change large things they do it it such a chaotic and mind boggling way it's hard not to get upset and then laugh at the piss poor idea's being spewed out!

I will be going back to it if I am not pleased with the final notes, not sticking to a game that is slowly nerfing everything into oblivion to the point it's just going to become bland to play. I used to brag about this game, the fact they were light on the restrictions, but over time they are tightening the ropes, slowly but surely dulling down the game. I'm not even sure you can say slowly, anytime their is somethings good they step and say "oh no you don't". After the COD destruction I will never 6 link a defensive item again in fear that it's destruction is right around the corner, I spent hours on end getting fusings for that...only to strip his gear away and store it. The EB change, AA change, and shotgun change ruined that char "RF incinerator"...not to mention the aura change, less mana to fuel it even if I could manage to find a way to get it up and ruining.

Another thing that pisses me off to no return is they seam to favor the rich over the poor, I get enough of that shit from my government! Games are suppose to be fun, but lately I feel like i'm being screwed by them more than my own government...never thought id say that about a game, but it's true...every step I take, I end up taking 3 back just around the corner...ive had it up to hear with it...I never attempt ES builds because it's costly to get decent ES pieces, now I can't run the same amount of aura's I was running unless I have the money, ugh...just want to scream!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2015, 5:06:54 AM
"
Giselah wrote:

Comparing WoW to POE is like...oeps! pissed my pants...

Seriously, Ive been playing WoW since it launched vanilla. Reason i stopped playing even though i bought the latest expansion is
BORED!
repetitive farming points for upgrades and pointless mind breaking sessions of farm farm farm farm is what makes people leave WoW
Exiled for Eternity
I like this change. Being forced to use Reduced Mana to run Auras, and because of the balance issues of that, not being able to properly balance it for Mana Costs; this allows an alternative way to alleviate Mana problems for some builds, by making Reduced Mana possibly an option. And being Red, it could be useful for Melee Characters.

I think people are overestimating how useful the reduction from Enlighten will be. It'll probably be extremely small, and only useful for certain min/max'd builds. Since the default reservation will now be close to what it was, without needing the RM Support.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
smartybarty wrote:
"
Giselah wrote:

Comparing WoW to POE is like...oeps! pissed my pants...

Seriously, Ive been playing WoW since it launched vanilla. Reason i stopped playing even though i bought the latest expansion is
BORED!
repetitive farming points for upgrades and pointless mind breaking sessions of farm farm farm farm is what makes people leave WoW

And what do you think you do in this game?!!! lmfao

If you're a league player you make a build, level, do maps, get gear, then re-roll, same thing over and over! At least for wow you can say they have like 1000x the content and many more ways to enjoy it like massive story line via leveling, dungeons, heroic dungeons, raids, arena's, battleground, pet battle's, shit I could go on and on!...but both games are farming games! Id get bored of this before wow, more ways to spend my time there. I stopped because I lost my job at the time, started on this and got hooked....just might go back now, have to wait for final notes to make that decision!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2015, 5:18:05 AM
No offence (really!) but if you play POE like that you're doing it wrong ^_^
Have made 100's of characters since closed beta and have yet be be bored.
Been bored with WoW since cataclysm, and panda's? really? fucking panda's...

WoW is really cool just for 1 month after new expansion releases after you've finished all raids there's nothing to do.
well to be honest I've spend weeks getting my fishing up on all my alts, that was...real stupid and pointless but at the time it was the only sensible thing left to do with 6 months left before new expansion. Been playing POE with a smile on my face since the day i first played it.

POE not a game for everyone? very true.
POE accused of being the same farm game as WoW? hilarious...
Exiled for Eternity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info