Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
bersi23 wrote:
"
LanPirot wrote:

Sorry, but that changes are complete nonsense.

You build up pressure for the avereage player by replacing a quite accessable gem by a "only for the rich" gem.

There will be other possibilities to obtain necessary DPS and defense, not only from auras. It is good, imo, that GGG prevents having 4-5 auras being mandatory from now.

Some builds require aura's, no extra points to allocate into defense/offense...or can't, like summoner's...after minions nodes, and what little gear offers, aura's/curses are are next step...I was running hatred/haste/purity on 22% from the tree, now I can only run 1 of those 2...cause purity is mandatory to cap minions resist....so no there won't, not for some builds...highly doudt jewels are going to replace one of those 2 aura's in dps value! So now I have to figure out a way to crawl to another reduced mana cluster on the tree, something I never expected I would have to do, lame AF...
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2015, 8:17:38 AM
I can live running only one or two Auras active playing solo but only if they rework Generosity to also affect the host.
In my honest opinion the reduced reservation gem should not be blue. Casters got a huge amount of aura changes that benefit them (wrath and anger) and all puritys and heralds require int. I am playing an acro melee build and in my tabula is static strike, multi, weapon elemental, melee, phys to lightning, lightning pen. faster attacks is rediculously bad by the way. Good luck setting up purity of lightning, curse on hit, cast when damage taken or anything on 100% dex bases. (acro would not be half as bad if the green melee gems were not horrible and if ondars would not sort out ranged characters for reflect, crit gems being blue hurts a lot too)
My suggestion is making the reduced reservation gem white, give it a vendor recipe with a level 20 reduced mana (maybe getting a level 2 one for a level 21) and making it reserve a part of the cost as life (really think ci and bm should not get buffed even more). My compassion goes to all the owners of a level 21 reduced mana that got royaly screwed. Glad we did not corrupt a spell like all the other people that are whining about the nerfs to eb and shotgunning, right. And about the increased duration on the aura gem being useless. My low life auramancer will take your 4% increased vaal discipline and regenerate 1k shield per second if you do not mind.
Aura support got really expensive all of a sudden. But I am pretty sure it does actually work without enlighten. I personally would have kept quiet if it had not been a blue gem. When I look at my gems and see chance to flee, blind, knockback and stun I wonder if it was odd chance that quantity was red and is removed, rarity being blue and still fine and owning faces.
ps: You never notice gem colours until you really do. Acro is one way of doing that. CI another. One has good gems. One does not.
Sorry for the long post. In the unlikely event of a short post. There sure is something I should feel sorry about anyway.
Last edited by Paulinir on May 11, 2015, 8:42:02 AM
You people cry an awful lot. Wait till you see it for yourself. You've all been happy all the changes ggg has done so far.
"
bersi23 wrote:
"
LanPirot wrote:

Sorry, but that changes are complete nonsense.

You build up pressure for the avereage player by replacing a quite accessable gem by a "only for the rich" gem.

There will be other possibilities to obtain necessary DPS and defense, not only from auras. It is good, imo, that GGG prevents having 4-5 auras being mandatory from now.

I Agree with you at a certain point but... We will have another options for defense and etc, but as a PoE player, don't you think the more defense you get, the better ? I mean, no matter what you do in this game you'll always die. ALWAYS. If you run all the auras on the game, you'll still die.
So with this change now, people will know that they have an extra buff to their defenses, but they simply CAN'T use it.

And are you aware that people STILL will be able to run 4-5 auras right ?

BUT, this will only be achievable by rich people. So they took this right from the average player, and monopolized to the HC/No-Lifers.

That's the question everyone is working on here... And thats why this change is so scaring..

At least this is what looks like to me...
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on May 11, 2015, 9:16:20 AM
WTB enlighten lvl 1 3ex
(sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't read all posts.) I'm concerned that this is a change that may not be practical to test in the span of the beta, depending on how long you plan on having the beta run. They have to not only find/trade for a highly rare gem, but also level it to max to truly test this balance change. By the time they've done that you may have had to do a wipe on the beta to test other features.

edits:

Not that I would really know; I don't have an empower OR a L20 gem.

Short of doing the testing on empower yourself (which would be a biased viewpoint) or handing out free L20 empower gems (which is not organic growth) I'm not sure how a stable result is going to emerge without a very extended test period.
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
Last edited by Grollip on May 11, 2015, 9:42:21 AM
"
Grollip wrote:
(sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't read all posts.) I'm concerned that this is a change that may not be practical to test in the span of the beta, depending on how long you plan on having the beta run. They have to not only find/trade for a highly rare gem, but also level it to max to truly test this balance change. By the time they've done that you may have had to do a wipe on the beta to test other features.

edits:

Not that I would really know; I don't have an empower OR a L20 gem.

Short of doing the testing yourself (which is a biased view) or handing out free L20 empower gems (which is not organic growth) I'm not sure how a stable result is going to emerge without a very extended test period.

They already know that! On state of exile with pohx, ziggyd, and zeno he said "ggg dev" that they know that it's unlikely people in temp leagues ever get them leveled up, and if there are would be a few people...and they don't care about standard, they consider a trash can...which is why they don't care about it being obtainable by the people well off with currency in perma servers. They wanted to put pressure on aura's, all the terrible effect of this change are being done intentionally as an aura sabotage...it's only a free gem slot if you look past the enlighten gem usage, which won't work...people will find a way to get them, it will just be a pain in the ass, something extra we have to work around cause they got the sudden urge to be less generous with something that has been the way it's been for ages...they only want us to run 1 or 2, and that it. But a lot of builds that are point heavy depend on them to add a much needed layer of defense or offense that they can't pick up point wise, this change sucks ass!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2015, 9:49:08 AM
edit: Thanks for the info.

edit as well: I may take a step back from auras after this, then. That would free up a lot of gem slots; currently running 7 plus 2 RM.
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
Last edited by Grollip on May 11, 2015, 9:52:31 AM
Well played GGG.. That will certainly help. Getting Enlighten Gem and leveling it ? Great.. I haven't even droped one and I've tride to level up Empower.. After three weeks I gave up.. I really don't like this change especially with Inner force being removed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info