Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
justinmm1988 wrote:
No, no and no!!! They said, an actual dev...that they have NO intentions of adjusting them so they function like they did before, like when when had the reduce mana gem...we will NEVER be able to run what we could before when this release...it's an aura sabotage, go watch state of exile...search ZiggyD on youtube, should be in the first row of videos!
Isn't that more or less how every large patch has worked so far?
Big balance changes cause a lot of builds to break, which is part of the reason they provide the full passive reset on big patches.

I also don't see whats so terribly wrong about a level 4 enlighten providing a strong boost with this change. It's really hard to get, so it should provide some strong benefits.
"
Melenkor wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
No, no and no!!! They said, an actual dev...that they have NO intentions of adjusting them so they function like they did before, like when when had the reduce mana gem...we will NEVER be able to run what we could before when this release...it's an aura sabotage, go watch state of exile...search ZiggyD on youtube, should be in the first row of videos!
Isn't that more or less how every large patch has worked so far?
Big balance changes cause a lot of builds to break, which is part of the reason they provide the full passive reset on big patches.

I also don't see whats so terribly wrong about a level 4 enlighten providing a strong boost with this change. It's really hard to get, so it should provide some strong benefits.

Because it won't stop people from going after it just because it's expensive! It's just going to be more of a pain in the ass, but people will go for it...people on live are already buying up all the enlightens! Hell I bought several, doesn't stop anything...just gives a thumbs up to the rich, while the poor suffer without an option, they just get the "sorry, SOL"...it's not a choice, it's a forced thing on a select few...so you could say "its not mandatory" but not by player choice, by GGG actions!

Heck there is people on the forums screenshot-ting like 10 or 12 in their banks, lol...
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2015, 2:22:11 PM
Ah ah ah, u guys made me laugh so much, best joke ever ! I was just coming to see how was going this game after I decided to stop more than 1 month ago. I just never stopped a game so fast !

Holy hell, go go ! Put more content, more uniques, less chance to drop anything good, more and more random, drop jewels, use divination card (u should use some to define what's the future of this game), refund the tree for the 4th time and break anything into it, refund mana reservation and cost of auras as it as already been done 2 times, destroy all characters on which people have invested hundreds of exalted orbs.

Go go GGG ! U're on the right way, make version 3.0 and 4.0 after this one and break anything again and again and again ! BIG BIG BIG LOL

I know why i left, i know why i won't come back.

I stop laughing (hard to do), this game is so ridiculous. When i see people investing thousands of $ on it, holy shit, give ur money to the red Cross, it will be usefull. Go go streamers, 20 people watching u !!!

Never again.
Last edited by Gryzorrr on May 11, 2015, 1:50:08 PM
Basically replace reduced mana with enlighten when it comes to auras? Is this a joke?

Unless it has a ridiculously low % of reduced reserved mana, this will be a replacement and an extremely annoying one at that.

Potentially, the auras you plan on having will be all messed up until you level that thing to lvl 2... then lvl 3 which takes time, then lvl 4 which is rare and expensive. WTF

GGG needs to realize that no change is sometimes the best change. When you have bad ideas, freaking keep them to yourselves. Nobody is going to complain about you making a million changes instead of a billion.
This must be one of the worst changes of the beta so far.

I mean like several people have pointed out, your reasoning and explanations make close to zero sense. It can work out OK and define a new kind of meta for auras, but the current description and provided logic behind this change is horrible.
IGN: LeeroyLeone
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Well.

I can see the reasons for removing the mandatory slot for reduced mana...except that you didn't. You just replaced with a much, much more rare and expensive option that (still) prevents you from balancing auras as if reductions from gear and dedicated passive were all that was available.

Nothing changed...if you have 50+ exalts in your stash and can buy up a lvl 4 Enlighten gem. Otherwise, welcome to screw town, population: you.

This. All you did was shift the imbalance to the richest players which were already imbalanced due to have all the OP gear. So this change makes them even more OP and fucks everyone else. Just get rid of the reduction on gems period and reduce aura reservations across the board. Make passive skills that reduce reservation more powerful so instead players need to choose between spending skill points on reduced reservation nodes to stack more auras or spending more points on damage nodes.
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Well.

I can see the reasons for removing the mandatory slot for reduced mana...except that you didn't. You just replaced with a much, much more rare and expensive option that (still) prevents you from balancing auras as if reductions from gear and dedicated passive were all that was available.

Nothing changed...if you have 50+ exalts in your stash and can buy up a lvl 4 Enlighten gem. Otherwise, welcome to screw town, population: you.

Nothing but the awful truth.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I totally agree with this change 100%. Dont let these new players get away with just using a reduced mana gem force that enlightened level 3 on them. This time sink will keep them playing even longer.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
No one wants to run an aura support gem. Just balance the damn aura gems already. Put the mana reserve reduction in the tree. You should have done this a long time ago.
Thanks for the explanation Rory. I'm not currently in the beta so I can't test out the new mechanic when it comes out, unless I somehow win a key :). That being said, it's hard to 'knock it before trying it'. I must say though, this doesn't sound positive at all. I play this game about as much as I can which is a very casual amount compared to most players. I will not have the time to level an enlighten gem if I ever find one, and buying one would be too expensive for me as well. Please listen to the feedback from the players, this might not be an improvement to the game...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info