SFL league poll

"
rob16437 wrote:

I'll break it down so that even a kindergarden student could understand.

1 Hc can be simulated
2 Self found can be simulated

1 Hc just takes a little self control
2 Sf just takes a little self control

1 We don't trust other party members to delete their char
2 We don't trust others party members to not trade

1 We don't trust other party members to delete their items
2 We don't trust other party members to find their own items

I fail to see any difference that justifies one existing and not the other. Yes they are different things but their parallels are undeniable.

Yet, kindergarden student like yourself is missing one point - challenge leagues. Softcore, hardcore and then what? Softcore SF and Hardcore SF? GGG have already said that they do not want to split community even more. They want there to be reasons for HC players to play SC and vice versa. And now what? Should people play 4 leagues to get 8/8?

And there is more - would GGG be able to put challenge like "Get those uniques"? This challenge is (almost) impossible to complete without trading. Would self-found players just accept that they cannot get 8/8, or whine for endless time, that GGG should now change challenges to make it possible for them to complete? This isn't hard to guess. :V
And there is EVEN more... but do we really want to go all over it again? :C

No challenge leagues? If so, then what is the point of them being a separate leagues?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

''Yet, kindergarden student like yourself is missing one point - challenge leagues. Softcore, hardcore and then what? Softcore SF and Hardcore SF? GGG have already said that they do not want to split community even more. They want there to be reasons for HC players to play SC and vice versa. And now what? Should people play 4 leagues to get 8/8?

And there is more - would GGG be able to put challenge like "Get those uniques"? This challenge is (almost) impossible to complete without trading. Would self-found players just accept that they cannot get 8/8, or whine for endless time, that GGG should now change challenges to make it possible for them to complete? This isn't hard to guess. :V

No challenge leagues? If so, then what is the point of them being a separate leagues?[/quote]

If not splitting the community is their top priority, then why bother having leagues at all?

Last edited by rob16437 on May 3, 2015, 11:04:50 AM
Self Found League league? You don't say..
I voted yes.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Do you mean "Lameblast league"?
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
A SF temp league would be amazing. Or anything longer than 5 days ;)

"
1988288 wrote:

It wont be different from normal leagues. People start with a small number of effective and gear-independent builds and the meta diverges as more and more items become available.
"
rob16437 wrote:

"
Perq wrote:
Yet, kindergarden student like yourself is missing one point - challenge leagues. Softcore, hardcore and then what? Softcore SF and Hardcore SF? GGG have already said that they do not want to split community even more. They want there to be reasons for HC players to play SC and vice versa. And now what? Should people play 4 leagues to get 8/8?

No challenge leagues? If so, then what is the point of them being a separate leagues?

If not splitting the community is their top priority, then why bother having leagues at all?

Fresh ECONOMY and ladders.

I did not say it is their top priority.
Also, why you did not answer the concerns I brought up, and only answered (or made up new?) the least important question?

"
kruemel2222 wrote:
A SF temp league would be amazing. Or anything longer than 5 days ;)

"
1988288 wrote:

It wont be different from normal leagues. People start with a small number of effective and gear-independent builds and the meta diverges as more and more items become available.

Yes, it will. Any build that requires a specific gear (uniques, for example) will be far less viable, due to inability to get these. "Items becoming available" is only valid for trade enabled leagues. :P Divination cards MIGHT help a little with this, but to what extent is yet unknown.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 4, 2015, 1:22:18 AM
[/quote]

Fresh ECONOMY and ladders.

I did not say it is their top priority.
Also, why you did not answer the concerns I brought up, and only answered (or made up new?) the least important question?[/quote]

For the same reason that you did not acknowledge any single point that I was trying to illustrate. You want to hear yourself talk and not listen to anyone else. The difference is that you have the leagues that you like to have and the crowd that wants to play in the style we are asking for has no controlled environment to do so. The funny part is that a sfl would be the truest gauge to see where everyone really would rank on a ladder. No more donations. No more importing gear into their account from any other account. They would have to buy an entire account to get an item but that would make them have to abandon all the progress on their other account. SFL would be the great equalizer!

Ps. Many players do not care about challenges. I am one of those people. Also, this thread was a sfl poll, not focusing on the topic of challenges. Since you brought the subject up though, don't you think their could be several new and interesting challenges in a do-it-yourself or sfl?
Last edited by rob16437 on May 5, 2015, 9:19:49 AM
I was just thinking about this. I'd definitely love a Self-found league. No more trade chat spam that in itself would be just glorious!

Since playing this from 2012. I've not traded for a single piece of currency. So, I'd definitely like a SFL!
bump for science

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info