SFL league poll

Overcoming annoyances is what makes this game fun. Take that out and you have a boring game.

I couldn't get into Torchlight 2... there wasn't anything to overcome. Some people love it. I didn't.
"
xRoque wrote:
You dont need a seperate league for something we do allready.

You don't need a separate league to delete your character when you die either, but we still have Hardcore.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
xRoque wrote:

You don't need a separate league to delete your character when you die either, but we still have Hardcore.

This doesn't hold up. It's been explained many times.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
"
xRoque wrote:

This doesn't hold up. It's been explained many times.

I'll break it down so that even a kindergarden student could understand.

1 Hc can be simulated
2 Self found can be simulated

1 Hc just takes a little self control
2 Sf just takes a little self control

1 We don't trust other party members to delete their char
2 We don't trust others party members to not trade

1 We don't trust other party members to delete their items
2 We don't trust other party members to find their own items

I fail to see any difference that justifies one existing and not the other. Yes they are different things but their parallels are undeniable.
Last edited by rob16437 on May 2, 2015, 12:53:24 PM
No... : / Can we be done with this? There has been shitload of discussion about this, and why PoE is not well tailored for self-found. If you do want to play as a self-imposed challenge, then you are free to do so, but there is absolutely no need for separate league.

If anything, there is need to make trading easier, and drops a more reliant on trading. But then again Q__Q about drop rates would know no end...
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
No... : / Can we be done with this?

I agree.

I've been promoting a SFL since the end of time, but no longer ask for a new league. But I DO want a way to compare with people with the same rule set in a fresh, constant enviroment. Read what you want into that.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Meh been playing SFL league since orignal CB :) No reason no one else cant unless theres some super secret special drop rates in thie so called SFL you want.
After 5 day race I have realized I hate self found (I really didn't know that till recently). Especially dangerous for a hoarder like myself, "you never know what you might need later".
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
"
Daidelos wrote:
After 5 day race I have realized I hate self found (I really didn't know that till recently). Especially dangerous for a hoarder like myself, "you never know what you might need later".

The five day race was solo only correct? In SF perm ladder, you would have all of the time in the world to find and craft your gear and you could party up as well. 5 days is not a good sample size especially with no party allowed. I wish they would at least do a test league.
the best reason for GGG to never make this type of league is simple: one day they still want to make some "buy your own leagues", and they know a lot ppl will want to buy their own SF league. So why would they want to under cut themselves on a great money maker.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info