SFL league poll

Probably wouldn't be a good thing, sir. O-O

Sounds like a good idea. Forces people to work with what they have and exercise their brains a bit more instead of just buying best in slot for cool cookie cutter builds they see on the forums/youtube.

Don't get me wrong, cookie cutter builds can be fun too - I've done them and it helped me learn the game but doing SF can be challenging, rewarding, and fun. Besides, standard and HC will still exist for the people who want to play the same cookie cutter builds.
Sadly, it won't happen in the forseeable future as GGG realise that:
- The whiners will whine loudly unless there is a version of smart loot for a SFL
- GGG will be forced to accede to some version of smart loot or drop enhancements
- Given the relatively seasoned player base PoE now enjoys, people will realise they prefer smart loot SFL to tradesim-PoE
- Child cannibalises parent and GGG's emperor is shown to be without clothes (is this such a bad outcome, Chris?)

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jun 12, 2015, 6:42:46 AM
"
Janimarkus wrote:
I was just thinking about this. I'd definitely love a Self-found league. No more trade chat spam that in itself would be just glorious!

Since playing this from 2012. I've not traded for a single piece of currency. So, I'd definitely like a SFL!
You know you can turn off trade chat, right?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mrpetrov wrote:
- The whiners will whine loudly unless there is a version of smart loot for a SFL
- GGG will be forced to accede to some version of smart loot or drop enhancements
- Given the relatively seasoned player base PoE now enjoys, people will realise they prefer smart loot SFL to tradesim-PoE
- Child cannibalises parent and GGG's emperor is shown to be without clothes (is this such a bad outcome, Chris?)

P.

Smart loot is boring. You don't find anything, it just gets given to you. Where is the fun in that. -_-
"
Miská wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

Smart loot is boring. You don't find anything, it just gets given to you. Where is the fun in that. -_-

I agree if you want smart look you can play D3
I dont see any any key!
"
Miská wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

http://poe.trade/

this is more boring than self found. you're not even playing the game. Even more boring than poe.trade? Trade chat. You're not being an exile, you're being a merchant. At least with self-found, you go out and kill stuff to get your upgrades. Trading for it is literally getting it handed it to you.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Jun 12, 2015, 3:53:41 PM
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

http://poe.trade/

this is more boring than self found. you're not even playing the game. Even more boring than poe.trade? Trade chat. You're not being an exile, you're being a merchant. At least with self-found, you go out and kill stuff to get your upgrades. Trading for it is literally getting it handed it to you.

You should go play tetris. This is the basic of PoE. You find something good, trade it for something you need. Wait maybe don't play tetris, you will probably complain they use blocks instead of circles *sigh*
"
Miská wrote:

You should go play tetris. This is the basic of PoE. You find something good, trade it for something you need. Wait maybe don't play tetris, you will probably complain they use blocks instead of circles *sigh*

And you should go play this:

https://www.miniconomy.com/

A great browser trading game, you will love it.

Also, even tetris is more fun than trading in PoE.
Last edited by miljan on Jun 12, 2015, 4:51:55 PM
I personally dislike trade because it makes it too easy to get an item. There's no satisfaction in trading for something. I mean sure, GG items are going to be probably only possible to get in trade, but outside of those it completely destroys any sense of self progression. The reason SFL people sometimes want higher dreop rates is because even with higher drop rates it will still require more investment of time than just trading a few chaos and having every basic item you want.
The more More you have, the less Less matters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info