Divination cards influence on economy system

I am not ignorant.^^ i just share another view point in that matter than you have. =)

Value of goods shifting in a economy is something normal. You sound like you want to create a artifical monopol where prices will always stay the same.

Distribution of possibilities to aquire certain items is good for the game and i think you value the impact this would have to the wealth way to high.

They already said that the rarity of cards are somewhat bound to the rarity of the item the card is about. It will be only a artifical way of implementing drop tables, to give the players a feel to not be dependend on the RNG or the market prices.

In my opinion that is something good.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
"
leto2626 wrote:
It might be even possible that these cards will be a new base currency, how about that? I like it, why are people so afraid of 'economy shifts' ? I DO play standard now and then and I don't care if my ex are 37 chaos or 73 the next month. I don't really care about ex anyways, alterations and fusings are the future, and now divination cards :D

As a ruler of trading I actually do not like that lol

Twice in one thread, really?
TL DR: Prices are going lower cuz there will be more items in the market. aight
Last edited by Delihorda on May 1, 2015, 1:43:39 PM
"

As an example Alpha's Howl used to be worth ~4 ex, now it is ~20 chaos. That is good news for people farming the chaos recipe but very bad news for people who find an Alpha's Howl. Now say there is a divination card set for Alpha's Howl that doubles the supply, its value will crash further. The value of everything but mirror gear will crash without controls on divination cards.

Honestly, I fail to see how that's bad. More builds, people will start to do different things (corrupting uniques and gems, and so on) to improve their builds. Getting a functional build quickly, and the improving it over time seems the way the game should work. I wish good rares become somewhat more common. For weapons, there is a big jump between farmeable and perfect, and that just sucks. There is nothing between to make it reasonable.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
This situation repeats every time a new big patch arrives. As it seems, it ist not enough, just to play PoE for a long time, but to be attentive to notice this behavior.

Prices fall at the end of the "lifetime" of a patch and go up after the next content patch arrived. There are many reasons for that, but it is how it works.

So stop to speculate in that way as you do the last couple of pages. GGG cares a lot about POE's economy, so divination cards wont harm the economy, be sure.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
wild guess;

Cards will not be that uncommon, i am pretty sure its implemented for the temp leagues and seems to be also the main reason. Most had this problem already.
Market is fresh, your way ahead the mass blob but there is no specific unique available on the whole market. I guess here come the divination cards into the game.

GGG don´t give much about the trash yard, because its very hard to substain a healthy game economy over years, still people don´t get it and panic every time and the same loop occurs since years now.

Of course it will have a big impact on the markets, but not only because of the divination cards.
Because it happens every time a expansion in a game comes out.
Good thing only the Sc league will feel the impact since the economy there is already shaking like a dying rat. You can see it beginning from 2011 to now. It gets worse and worse and will never recover. Compared to the temp league prices are an abysmal and absolute unforgiving to players who are not 18/7/365 living poe.

From patch to patch it will get worse since everything dumps into it. :)
As long as HC+HC Temp merges the markets it will progress at this rate.
Most just dont realize it because they are already used to it or they dont have enough time/energy to restart over an over and over aka casual players. So they stay and live with the situation.

Yea i guess there will be influence on ALL markets.
Business as usual.

There was a big hit with the vaal zones.
Then the next hit with the boxes.
The masters.
Now divination
to be continued aka "gold" shrink ;)

Last edited by blackstar on May 2, 2015, 4:41:23 AM
Maybe its good for those who don't want to play stock market simulation.
"
blackstar wrote:

Of course it will have a big impact on the markets, but not only because of the divination cards.
Because it happens every time a expansion in a game comes out.
Good thing only the Sc league will feel the impact since the economy there is already shaking like a dying rat. You can see it beginning from 2011 to now. It gets worse and worse and will never recover. Compared to the temp league prices are an abysmal and absolute unforgiving to players who are not 18/7/365 living poe.

Prices in Standard are never be so low/cheap, so what are you talking about ? Economy in Std is OK, and I would say more balanced AND stable than in temp league ( lol 55 chaos @ 1 exalts ).

About the topic, of course this will push the prices to the bottom, since item will still drop as usual, and you add a way to get them. So the demand will remain the same but the offer will rise => prices will drop.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on May 2, 2015, 4:48:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info