Divination cards influence on economy system

They stated they are not bringing cards that will make you able to get unobtainable items ie league items so who cares about legacy values, and from my understanding they will ONLY drop in act4 so thats another reason these will just be a good thing rather then gating drops like atziri
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
I agree exalts will go down in value vs chaos. But with the new divination cards exalts will also appreciate in value vs top end uniques because there will be more of them floating around.

This will make it easier all around for newer players to gear up by farming the chaps recipe.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
k1rage wrote:
Its not about preference its just that standards economy will never be in a truly healthy spot due to its permanent nature

permanence = inflation

there is no proper item sink through deaths and resets

I don't think people using this type of argument/reasoning have generally played standard for long.

There is no proper item sink through deaths and resets = stretching of economy at one end, squashing at the other. Things you pay immense amounts for in temp leagues and/or wait for months to reduce in value are available easily and for a far lower investment (in pure time terms, ignore currency because as Shagsbeard notes, currency is merely a representation of time) in standard. Cloak of Defiance immediately springs to mind.

If you mapped out the time it took in trading and grinding to get a set of items and compared std vs leagues, the results may sometimes surprise you. Even just in currency terms there are marked and not always league-beneficial differences. Did you enjoy grinding 600-700 chromes during torment/bloodlines to trade for an ex, compared to 200-250 on standard?

In terms of the economy, I think it's too early to tell. It's not unheard of, for example, for GGG to introduce a new mechanism to make items more easily accessible/craftable and then turn around and nerf the addition (cough hybrid acc/phys)...
prices of uniques are allready down to 0
shavronne is 35ex
mjolner 40

anything that makes prices fall even faster, i dont like it
I think shag nails it. Wont help your avg player. Cards will be a higher end currency your avg player will never benefit form like exalts we dont use to make anything

Items costs in temps wont move - cards wont play a part.

Items costs in std will continue to deflate as usual due to continued glut in supply. Cards just accelerate process a bit.

IMHO these cards only have a place in SFL to target goodies for yourself. Drops are fine in the trade game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 1, 2015, 2:40:34 AM
"
Shadowridder wrote:
poll's devotion

Is this a pseudonym of Sexcalibure ?
Casually casual.

"
mkomt wrote:
who cares about legacy stuff and standard economics

Indeed, I have no idea why this matters to anyone, I really don't get why they play PoE like it's a MMO.

Also I kinda dislike economy in general in games, hope GGG make a no-trading league.
Nothing to see here.

what if these cards will only drops in maps ?
Playing POE since 0.9.0
"
ReZar wrote:
"
mkomt wrote:
who cares about legacy stuff and standard economics

Indeed, I have no idea why this matters to anyone, I really don't get why they play PoE like it's a MMO.

Also I kinda dislike economy in general in games, hope GGG make a no-trading league.

We play PoE like an MMO because it is an MMO...
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Have GGG said anything about if all cards drops in the main game, or if some cards are gated by high level maps?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info