Divination cards influence on economy system

Let me bring a concrete example on how it will behave for us imho:

1) OK let's check my map pool: I'm at 70-ish maps(72? act 4): I have 4 piers and 5 bogs.
2) Now let me check wiki for the divination cards associated with those 2 maps.
3) WoW Pier is easy/nobrain/fast farm but has only divinarius as medium value unique in it while bog has exalt cards, mb shav.
4) Now the map I'll choose to run will depend on the %qtity I would run(more likely to get a card) and my overall clearspeed.

That's all. (note that Bog has a good density usually and it has lots of rooms for boxes/shrines.

About std/not std. I don't play standard because I love leagues and reserve myself for those. Standard economy is putrid, no point going fresh in standard without self looting. And self loot is better in leagues because more mechanics and less biais in drop system...
Last edited by galuf on Apr 30, 2015, 7:25:18 AM
I dont like these cards. Good for a self found league but drops are fine otherwise.
Git R Dun!
Nothing tell you the top rich will not sell the rarest cards for ex and control how much cards will be sold.
Forum pvp
As a ruler of trading I like it =x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Shadowridder wrote:

1.The price* for Legacy and league only unique item (e.g. poll's devotion) in standard league will be significantly reduced. Because there will be more supply.

However this will also increase the price in 1 and 2 since most of them is now calculated by exalted orb. So I think it probably would end up like this, let's say a shavronne wrapping is 30ex now, it probably would still worth 30ex or slightly cheaper but at the same time exalted orb is cheaper too (e.g. 1ex=20chaos).

In conclusion:
1.Player who has multi legacy unique item should sell them now
2.Player who has a lot exalted orb should either change some of them to chaos or buy something
3.Player who WTB a legacy unique might worth waiting a few weeks
4.Level up Leo

What's your opinion on the impact of the Divination cards on economy system?

i just don't get the logic - an item what never can be looted again will be significantly reduced - because of a new loot/currency-system?

And what has this to do with chaos/ex ratio?

As other players said already, the price of the divination cards will be as high as the players want to pay for them, and we don't know yet how many cards u need for 1 item and how rare they are.
If they drop more often then maybe the price of the uniques will change, but if they are rare there wouldn't change much, only that some ppl can "farm" their item better.
And legacy items will be always expensive, only if there are new and better items for the mainstream-builds, then they maybe fall, but counting on that is just "meh" imo.

Guild "Metal" /// mostly EU /// league + standard /// NO voice-chat necessary
so targeted loot.

so all will play fetid pool now, because biggest change for exalts, and shav.

chm....
120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Black cat, Arctic portal, Arctic skull hatred, Arctic footprints, 2x Arctic Weapon, 20 skins, +3 tab
Every "value" we place on items represents time. The reason that Alts aren't used as a currency is that it takes virtually no time at all to make them. The reason exalts are used is that it takes a while to make them. Time is the consideration.

People are willing to trade for rare items. Reduce the rarity and people will pay less for them.

I see the cards as becoming a new currency. They're going to drop too infrequently for your average player to ever complete them, so instead they will trade them to people who collect them for shiny items. Worker-bees turning in pollen so the hive can make honey.
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
"
Owlert wrote:
ITT: A lot of wild, baseless predictions and someone who cares about Standard's economy like it means anything. Divination cards will make some items easier to get, but that's not going to have an effect on legacies. In temporary leagues, the ex:chaos ratio and the price of an item change as the league progresses and more items are added in; there's no reason to assume that people will just stick with the same EX value for their items.

Takes an inexperienced player to say that standard economy is irrelevant.. Most of this game's population is in standard. You should stop thinking that your personal preferences are universal.

Its not about preference its just that standards economy will never be in a truly healthy spot due to its permanent nature

permanence = inflation

there is no proper item sink through deaths and resets
I dont see any any key!
"
lolozori wrote:
Nothing tell you the top rich will not sell the rarest cards for ex and control how much cards will be sold.

As long as they don't do something stupid like make the Shavs card 1/4, I think the cards will give a lot more power to the average player. Let's say they go the other way, and make the cards something common like 1/256. That means the cards will be a rather common drop, the cards themselves available at an accessible price, and therefore opening the doors to average players being able to invest in non-volatile currency.

The Economy Lords can only control the economy when the items in question are inaccessible to the majority of the players. If they want to jack the price of a Shavs up through the stratosphere, they just gave a lot of buying power to those who invested early in Shav cards, whereas before only those who could afford a shavs in the first place would benefit from the shift.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
k1rage wrote:
permanence = inflation

there is no proper item sink through deaths and resets

And there's heaps of factors that bring down things to a more reasonable level, since players will only pay what the item is worth in rarity and usefulness
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info