So the new Eldritch Battery...

"
Float wrote:
"
Saltygames wrote:
I interpret this as ES protecting your mana pool. So it's for MoM users specifically.

Idk, it feels kinda akward. Since ES by itself doesnt protect against chaos.

I mean if this is true, you need a helluva lot of ES to make it worthwhile, as well as alot of life and a buttload of mana (to make MoM worth it)

Meh.

u wouldnt need any mana -.-

so because ur obviously getting 100% mana reserve from auras, im guessing you'll want to go spectral throw or cyclone to proc those damage auras as much as possible. so yay, u also get access to fortify. coupled with cloak of defiance, it seems like the way to go. im assuming you'll take aura nodes too so yay 84% res with saffells and purity. oh and hits cant be evaded vorici rapiers! cool. oh and look, the es on hit jewel affix!

holy cow level batman. sick build. we'll see though.

How exactly do you plan to regen EB during combat to be able to do anything? You get zealots oath and then invest in all the life regen nodes? Doesn't seem worth the passive point investment
"
Khoranth wrote:

How exactly do you plan to regen EB during combat to be able to do anything? You get zealots oath and then invest in all the life regen nodes? Doesn't seem worth the passive point investment

es on hit jewel affixes, ghost reaver. That's approximately 3 nodes for all of my mana upkeep. yeah....
Last edited by Float on Apr 20, 2015, 11:58:42 AM
"
Float wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

es on hit jewel affixes, ghost reaver. That's approximately 3 nodes for all of my mana upkeep. yeah....

So you spend a bunch of passives, and get rid of life leech or some other useful utility to keep you alive, to use EB instead, and get 1 extra aura? Seems like a bad trade.
"
From those, only alchemists are dangerous, and not on hit, but due to chaos DoT from theirs bombs.

Is it maybe because your MoM is protecting you, so they are less threatening? Undying Alchemist are definitely a threat and not because of the Chaos Damage Over Time. I'm actually less worried about the DoT aspect of the Undying Alchemist's bombs, but more on their attacks.
Also, Otherworldly enemies are also no threat?

"
There isn't much sources of chaos damage on hit that I know of (afaik the EK of the unique miscreation in the domi/museum boss fight has chaos tacked on to it)but to say it like that is a bit misleading.

There are enough, several of them very dangerous.
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
Float wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

So you spend a bunch of passives, and get rid of life leech or some other useful utility to keep you alive, to use EB instead, and get 1 extra aura? Seems like a bad trade.

with the current tree, alphas howl, 20 reduced mana gems, i get HoI HoT grace wrath and anger with 80% increase. now add mom and fortify for really just 1 node, ghost reaver. which is still working on ur ehp at 30% efficiency. this would have crazy high dps and access to a lot of life/ehp. oh and no more blood magic gem, seems rlly good. u present a strange argument, because the one thing i always think when making mana based builds is dam i have to invest a lot of nodes into mana/regen. u wouldnt need to invest anything into mana or weapon damage, just proc the flat auras as fast as u can (st or cyclone). ur looking at easy 150% life increase from the tree, and ur mitigation is off the charts
"
Float wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
Float wrote:

with the current tree, alphas howl, 20 reduced mana gems, i get HoI HoT grace wrath and anger with 80% increase. now add mom and fortify for really just 1 node, ghost reaver. which is still working on ur ehp at 30% efficiency. this would have crazy high dps and access to a lot of life/ehp. oh and no more blood magic gem, seems rlly good. u present a strange argument, because the one thing i always think when making mana based builds is dam i have to invest a lot of nodes into mana/regen. u wouldnt need to invest anything into mana or weapon damage, just proc the flat auras as fast as u can (st or cyclone). ur looking at easy 150% life increase from the tree, and ur mitigation is off the charts

150% life from tree isn't really that good... Especially in HC leagues. All of my chars have at least 200%
are you on drugs? this is already a build called ele buzzsaw. it gets a slight buff from mom eb. yes u can hit currently about 175% life with buzzsaw. saying ele buzzsaw + mom wont be hc viable is just wrong. slight nerf from the heralds increased to 30% reserve but rlly this always has been a good build.
Last edited by Float on Apr 20, 2015, 8:48:12 PM
I've made a rough estimate before the EB change that if I do not run EB/AA, and spend points in these Life/ES hybrid nodes, I gain as much the EHP as I may gain through the previous setup(regardless of certain circumstances like Fist of God and hellhound). This is made in time when ES(converted to mana) has synergy with x% increased maximum mana and mana regen. after the change and the loss of synergy, I doubt EB/AA would be as good(in cost/effect ratio) as other defensive methods, say, Life/ES hybrid.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Last edited by Heartsease on Apr 20, 2015, 10:09:23 PM
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
Float wrote:

150% life from tree isn't really that good... Especially in HC leagues. All of my chars have at least 200%

Numbers could be fine tuned.

The guaranteed things out of this build:

1. 1-2 extra auras
2. Basically infinite mana to spam a melee / ranged skill. Assuming you have enough leech and enough ES to offset the cost of the skill.
3. High mitigation if you keep attacking. Granted this means you have to have a good amount of ES to start off.

This might be incredible for Low Life now that I think about it.
Last edited by elitedesolator on Apr 20, 2015, 11:36:42 PM
It's not OP because you won't be leeching any life at all.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info